Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Oct 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
arial
Getting Excited

Miami car hire prices

Finally getting my head around the possibility of flying into and out of Miami instead of MCO next August to save a significant amount, but then looking at car hire from Miami it removes any saving!

I know car hire is looking ridiculous for next year but seems to be at least £1500 for a 3 week rental for the most basic car.

Has anyone found any tricks like with the Orlando car hire e.g. hiring from the Universal hotels?

Have checked autoeurope.ie and Andy's website and all a similar price.
Old 12 Oct 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

Initially I found a hire for a day for your drive from Miami to Orlando, then drop off and another rental for the remaining time, was cheaper. I have since found a jeep compass for 19 nights from Mia with Europcar for £950. Still crazy money but free cancellation and in comparison with some isn't all that bad. I'm looking regular to see if they drop.

Edited at 03:10 PM.
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Have a look at picking the car up in Miami Beach - I did some searches recently and was get rates 50% of the airport price.

I've just booked with Holidayautos and got a decent 1 way price for 8 days (£225 for average SUV)
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Weve hired a car for 1 day for the drive up, dropping at Royal Pacific was cheaper than other locations and is where we’re staying anyway.

We’ll use Uber whilst there as that saves car hire and parking costs.

Collecting a car at Royal Pacific and returning to Port Canaveral, 4 day hire for slightly more than the 1 day from Miami 🤷

Collecting a car after our cruise for the drive back to Miami, again just a 1 day but collecting from a non airport location was cheaper.

We used Avis through BA.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We are staying over night on Miami Beach and collecting from the Loews Miami Beach in the morning. We’ve paid £613 for 21 days hire with Avis
Old 12 Oct 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
arial
Getting Excited

Thank you all, that gives me a few things to look at and certainly less scary than first thought!
Old 12 Oct 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

Our plan is.
Arrive into MIA circa 18:30.
Uber to the Intercontinental in Downtown MIA for an overnight stay, I wouldn’t be driving up to Orlando after travelling for 13hrs.
Get up in the morning and take a 2min stroll to Hertz Garage on 2nd Ave then drop off at the airport on the way home.
Chrysler 300 for 20 days: £796.
Thats working out, per day, better than 2017,18,19 prices!
UseD AMEX CDP code 33306 for a BIG saving.
Ps not once have I been asked to present an Amex Platinum card.
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Manny Haines View Post
Our plan is.
Arrive into MIA circa 18:30.
Uber to the Intercontinental in Downtown MIA for an overnight stay, I wouldn’t be driving up to Orlando after travelling for 13hrs.
Get up in the morning and take a 2min stroll to Hertz Garage on 2nd Ave then drop off at the airport on the way home.
Chrysler 300 for 20 days: £796.
Thats working out, per day, better than 2017,18,19 prices!
UseD AMEX CDP code 33306 for a BIG saving.
Ps not once have I been asked to present an Amex Platinum card.
Do you have the card in question? What is the cost?
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

No, I don’t have AMEX Platinum.
You can book n pay with any credit card.
Plus, as its Hertz its free cancellation up to 48hrs before pick up.
So, if a better deal comes along, I can take advantage of that.

If anyone has any Hertz PC codes then please post as you can double up CPD and PC codes to drive down the rate even more.

You’ll see that the small print says that you may be asked to provide proof.
NEVER, and this covers multiple threads on the Dibb and Flyertalk over the past 10yrs has anyone ever documented been asked for proof of eligibility for a CPD code. Period!
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Briggykins
Helping Minnie

Make sure you e-mail Andy and don't just rely on the website prices. He can usually sort something out a lot cheaper (he did for us!)
Briggykins is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List