Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Sep 16, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
k4tiemay
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Elopement wedding recommendations?

My partner, daughter and I are planning to elope next Sept - we've told everyone, but we don't want the fuss of a big wedding. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've been looking at Beach Weddings by Joanie in Cocoa beach or the (cheaper) Lora Lynne's weddings in Daytona. We could just courthouse it, but I thought I might regret having no pics etc afterwards if we did that.
Does anyone have any experience of these? Or reasons why we should choose Cocoa beach over Daytona?
We plan to book a meal at California Grill to celebrate afterwards - we're on DDP xx
k4tiemay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 16, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Read my trip report day about our wedding in 2013

We used vows are forever as our minister but chose Kraft azelea Gardens as our location which was lovely.
They are a family run business. The husband and son are the ministers (although i believe the son does most nowadays) and the mum does all the organising/takes photos etc
Id do it again in a heartbeat x
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 16, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
k4tiemay

Ah thanks so much, I'll have a read xxx
k4tiemay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 16, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamcatcher
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by k4tiemay View Post
My partner, daughter and I are planning to elope next Sept - we've told everyone, but we don't want the fuss of a big wedding. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've been looking at Beach Weddings by Joanie in Cocoa beach or the (cheaper) Lora Lynne's weddings in Daytona. We could just courthouse it, but I thought I might regret having no pics etc afterwards if we did that.
Does anyone have any experience of these? Or reasons why we should choose Cocoa beach over Daytona?
We plan to book a meal at California Grill to celebrate afterwards - we're on DDP xx
Sounds familiar lol xx We are doing exactly that in Feb 2017 with our son and are using Joanie @Cocoa Beach who has been fantastic so far and very easy to sort and answers all my silly questions xx

She does different packages with or without photos and also can do add ons xx.

So far cant believe how easy the process has been and as only 3 of us will be very special with just us and our 8yr old Sonxx

May have a party at some point when get back for friendsxx

We are also looking at Cali Grill to celebrate afterwards but will be a day or 2 later as want to do Old Town cars on Fri/Sat so will go later on and watch fireworks also.xx
dreamcatcher is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 16, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
k4tiemay

Ah - snap. I look forward to seeing how you get on.
I'm mostly very excited about having 2 weeks onsite at Disney at the moment - I'm sure the wedding excitement will come too xx
Old 2 Oct 16, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

We got married in Florida on our own, just the two of us.

We didn't have a beach wedding, but got married under a gazebo in Leu Gardens. Spectacular location. They also had a beautiful room we could have used had the weather not been good. Lucky for us we had a beautiful day.

Limo there and back and then a restaurant to watch the Disney fireworks that night.

Wonderful day. Wouldn't have changed anything.

ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 16, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We had a tiny wedding (8 of us inc children) on Anna Maria in August and it was perfect (apart from the meal which was AWFUL!) I just arranged everything myself but I know there are packages available at The Sandbar. You just can't beat the sunset 🌅

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We used Beach Weddings By Joanie in August 2013 & it was lovely. So easy to organise & I liked the fact that we could have exactly what we wanted. There were only 5 of us there, we ended up going through the Burger King drive through on our way as we were all starving!
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 16, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
bexlee1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by BLDY&McGoo View Post
Read my trip report day about our wedding in 2013

We used vows are forever as our minister but chose Kraft azelea Gardens as our location which was lovely.
They are a family run business. The husband and son are the ministers (although i believe the son does most nowadays) and the mum does all the organising/takes photos etc
Id do it again in a heartbeat x
We are planning on doing this exact thing next year to renew our vows! Can't decide between the rose garden or the kraft Azalea though... did you have an actual photographer? Xx
Old 8 Oct 16, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by bexlee1 View Post
We are planning on doing this exact thing next year to renew our vows! Can't decide between the rose garden or the kraft Azalea though... did you have an actual photographer? Xx
No we didnt, we were going to have a dibber come but its quite far out and they didnt drive so she just came to the evening and we had photos there.

Marcia took photos for us but even if we had a proper photographer we wouldnt have had any posed photos as it was tipping it down!

We are going back next month and intend to Re visit the gardens and have a few couple photos taken and I intend to visit everytime we return for the rest of our lives (hopefully minus the rain) X
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread