Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Aug 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Return of the Rescuer – Day 8 – 10.7.19 – Ride, snack, repeat…

Return of the Rescuer – Day 8 – 10.7.19 – Ride, snack, repeat…

Index is here.

Yay our luck with the buses was improving. We were at the stop at 8.05 and the bus came straight away.

We got through bag check and the turnstiles and headed towards Pandora. Navi was already open and was walk on, we were off and posing for a picture by 8.45am and it wasn’t emh and the park didn’t open early.

So, with that done we just needed to decide what we wanted to rope drop so we went for Everest. There was a small crowd of people waiting for rope drop at the entrance to Asia so we hung around there too. Some people made the choice to run at opening but we just walked at a quick pace and got to the entrance at 9.03am and the wait was less than 5 minutes.

We love this ride; however, this was one of the ones that ds was a bit apprehensive about. He’d ridden it before years ago and had refused ever since so we were really pleased that he wanted to do it and that he enjoyed it.

We decided on the safari next. How cute are these wee stone statues outside of the bird show?

The safari turned out to be a 13-minute wait which wasn’t that bad. We saw loads of animals this time.

When we got off we walked over to see the Gorillas who were also pretty lively. They are just amazing to watch.

Next up some snacks to tick of on our list.

We started at Kusafari Bakery and Tamu Tamu
Elephant ears pastry - nice

Simbas surprise / dole whip with coconut and watermelon syrup. Really really good!

Then we walked back across to Mr Kamals, it wasn't open so we grabbed a slushie first while waiting on it to open at 11am.
Blue raspberry slush- good

Seasoned Fries from mr kamals with sauces - really tasty and worth the little wait.

While at Mr Kamal’s I managed to adjust our FOP fastpass. When we first did our fastpasses I could only get one for 3pm which was a bit late to fit with our plans. We were lucky and managed to bring it forward to 12. Happy days!

Our first fastpass was Everest so we headed back for a second ride. Ds loved it again and was happy to model the yeti himself.

We were roasting so decided on Tough to be a Bug.

And true to our touring style, you guessed it, it was time for a snack.
Eight Spoons was calling for Mac and Cheese.
Macaroni cheese with prawns and sweet chilli sauce.

Macaroni cheese with pulled pork,

Both macaronis were really good as always.

While we were snacking we watched Kevin out for a walk, she’s so funny and cute.

Back to Pandora, we spent a lot of time doubling back on ourselves today. We stopped to get the magic shot done before going to ride FOP.

There’s not much to say about FOP, there was no one in the fast pass line and once we reached the bit where they send you down the lines we didn’t have much of a wait at all. It was as amazing as ever. Ds says he can’t decide now though if this or Hagrids is his top ride.

Again, it was time for food - Satilu Canteen
We had 2 quick service to share between us plus an extra iced water.

Beef and chicken combo with potato hash and creamy herb dressing.

Shrimp with rice and beans and creamy herb dressing.

2 pandora sunrises, tropical juices with melon Powerade.

It was all very nice.

We left at 1.45 and again got a bus straight away. It was pretty heaving though as it was sharing with Riverside but French Quarter was dropped off first.

We were shattered again and had a bit of a rest before getting ready to head of to Epcot, yes again, third park day, 3rd visit…

When we planned the holiday, we organised a few meals with our Dibb friends and tonight we were off to Teppan Edo. They had only arrived at Disney yesterday from the Hard Rock. We met up at the bus stop and waited less than 2 minutes on the bus, I was back to loving the buses again but let’s see how long that actually lasts.

It turned out that our friends had a fastpass for Soarin, my friends dh wasn’t overly fussy though so Ds took his magic band and went off to ride leaving the 3 of us to slow walk round to Japan. The sky was getting darker and right enough before we even got round to World Showcase the rain started pelting down. We took shelter in one of the covered booths on the way for about 10 minutes before it eased off enough for us to carry on.

We walked around to France and stopped to pick up a drink on the way round, as since I've discovered the orange grey goose slushies I like to try and stop there if i can,

We got a text from the other 3 saying they had been stuck in the line at Soarin but were going on now.

By the time we checked in to Teppan Edo we were a little late and the others were not there but on their way. They were ok but said if they seated we would need to order for the others, as it was they were pretty busy and we ended up waiting a good 30 minutes for our table and the other 3 were there by then.

Ds had a non alcoholic pina colada

I had a Japan Breeze -Coconut Rum, Poured over Ice, With Tart Cranberry & Pineapple Juices - this was so nice, not to sweet but sweet enough.

Df had a very strange drink - Shochu Squeeze
Choice of Fresh Grapefruit, Lemon, or Orange, Hand Squeezed and Mixed with a Cold Glass of Crisp Shochu, On the Rocks
When they say hand squeezed they mean by you😂

Salad to start

Lots of combinations of steak, shrimp and chicken for us.

Everything was excellent. I do still miss the tastier rice they used to do though.

Mango mouse cake for dessert

As there were 6 of us an 18% tip was added automatically and the bill was easily split as both families are on the dining plan.

Dinner was delicious and we all agreed that the plan we had hatched to go to MK for Emh would now be shelved and we would just head back to POFQ after Illuminations. Luckily we finished up and got outside about 5 minutes before the fireworks started and we found a space on the balcony to watch them. This was a nice view.

Fantastic night.

Afterwards since we were all so full we took a slow walk round to the exit, stopped for a photopass

and luckily just reached the bus shelters when there was a really loud crack of thunder. Again we didn’t wait long on the bus and the bus driver said he’d try to beat the storm back to pofq but didn’t quite manage it and by the time we got of there was loads of thunder, lightning and really heavy rain.

We said goodbye to our friends, opted to cut through the food court and up the first set stairs on building 5 to minimise our outside time.

Just as well we were not going to MK tonight, it would have been a pretty miserable experience. Nobody even bothered going back out for drinks tonight.

Day 9

Edited at 11:32 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

You can never have too much time in Epcot in my view! I love the idea of just popping there for dinner but it always seems such a hassle, I am hoping it will seem a more realistic option using Disney transport rather than having a hire car..

That's a real awesome view of the fireworks from the decking in Japan, a nice memory for you.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
You can never have too much time in Epcot in my view! I love the idea of just popping there for dinner but it always seems such a hassle, I am hoping it will seem a more realistic option using Disney transport rather than having a hire car..

That's a real awesome view of the fireworks from the decking in Japan, a nice memory for you.
I agree, I love spending time at Epcot. You'll be fine just popping in from Coronado Springs on the bus.

There are so manynice views of Illuminations You will need to report back what the new show is like.
Old 17 Aug 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A great result with the bus this morning and fun times at AK, I'm glad your DS enjoyed Everest this year. It's a fab ride and although I love FOP it is good to be on a proper coaster.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A great result with the bus this morning and fun times at AK, I'm glad your DS enjoyed Everest this year. It's a fab ride and although I love FOP it is good to be on a proper coaster.
That’s what we found the buses were even fabulous or rubbish!

I do like Everest, it’s great ds is riding that now too.
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another lovely day. You got loads done at AK and got really lucky with being able to move your FP for FOP. Some more great snacks today too.

What a shame that you didn't get to MK after dinner but it wouldn't have been much fun in a thunderstorm.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Another lovely day. You got loads done at AK and got really lucky with being able to move your FP for FOP. Some more great snacks today too.

What a shame that you didn't get to MK after dinner but it wouldn't have been much fun in a thunderstorm.
We had great luck with fastpasses this trip. I think AK is my favourite snacking park.

We definitely made the right decision to leave MK that night.
Old 1 Sep 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Fun morning at AK, you got a good start today. Lovely evening with your friends at Epcot, the food at Teppan Edo looks nice.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Fun morning at AK, you got a good start today. Lovely evening with your friends at Epcot, the food at Teppan Edo looks nice.
I didn’t know Pandora opened so much earlier than the rest of the park.

Teppan Edo is always good, it’s a great one to do as part of a bigger group as you are seated with others anyway.
Old 8 Sep 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That was a lovely day

Joan