Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Feb 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

Help me narrow it down please. Onsite hotels..

Hi guys. I need to narrow it down to one budget and one moderate hotel so that I can compare costs.
Any advice please which do you prefer?
Thanks x
tinkerbell5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

We love POFQ for moderate. Compact resort so not too far to walk after a busy day, you can get the boat to Disney Springs and the buses are good to the parks. Pool is nice and while it only has quick service dining it has a good variety.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I've stayed at all the moderates and I'd say that Port Orleans French Quarter was my favourite, primarily due to its size - it's compact and relatively "cosy" compared to many Disney resorts.

The boat to and from Disney Springs is a nice bonus too.

However, if I were looking at a moderate now, I'd be starting my thinking with Caribbean Beach due to the Skyliner. I know CBR is the complete opposite to POFQ in terms of size, but I didn't find that an issue on my stay there, but I guess that may come down to how you feel like a bit of walking, or extra walking at the end of a long park day!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

Another vote for French Quarter great atmosphere nice pool and because of its small size doesn’t feel crowded
Stayed one night at Pop Century before MNSSHP last time as was only doing Universal and was really impressed by the rooms but not so much the food court
Derbydave4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
POFQ was our favourite mod although Coronado was a close second. POFQ is very pretty and the small size makes everything very convenient.

Coronado is much larger but the view over the lake is stunning and our room there was really nice and bright. It felt like a bigger room than the others but o don’t know if it is or just a feeling from the decor.

I’ve only stayed at Pop. It was ok but for 4 we found the room small and the resort is not very green. However the food court is good and we liked the pool and the big decorations. I’d choose it or AoA for the Skyliner as well.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell5
Imagineer

Thanks all. So many different options it's blowing my mind!.
On food...do you guys prefere quick counter or table service plan? X
tinkerbell5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Alwaysdisley
VIP Dibber

If they bring dining plans back we go for the Dining plan rather than Quick-service as we like to do some it down meals but when we were hitting parks hard and relaxing less we would have been fine with QS. It depends what you want really.
Alwaysdisley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

We usually stay in Deluxe or DVC but now we're tied to school holidays we have to reduce the budget somehow and have decided it's the hotel. POFQ would be our first choice moderate. It's small and we enjoy the boat to DS(stayed at OKW/SSR a lot) for dining options. We prefer the standard over quick service DP as like a to do at least one character meal and 1 signature each trip.

We are booked for Caribbean Beach this year as the PO resorts are still closed. We felt it had the best transport with the Skyliner which means more dining options at Boardwalk/Epcot and the Riviera within walking distance.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

The rooms are CBR are a tad bigger than all the other Moderates as they were built first and WDW realised with the later ones they could slightly shrink the size. The Skyliner is a big plus nowadays. I like the walk around the lake and the hammocks there. The pool bar is a nice place to sit and watch the Epcot fireworks

I found CSR noticeably more upscale than the other Mods, with lovely rooms. Some people dislike convention goers being around but we didn’t notice them. With the new tower (I’ve not been since it was built) there are more eating / drinking options and there were already a decent amount.

Both Port Orleans have the lovely boat to Disney Spings. POFQ is great for its size but personally I found the resort themeing not to my taste (the masks freaked me out a bit and this was a long time before COVID!) it’s even odder as I absolutely love New Orleans but I digress.
Riverside I love but that’s really the themeing rather than anything else.
My kids liked the POFQ pool better when they were younger and Riverside pool when they were a bit older.