Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Aug 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I watch Tim, I think he doesn't want to discount anything without seeing it in action. One of my new fav vloggers is JoJo's world, his young, American energetic (sometimes maybe a bit too OTT), he focus's on Disney/Universal but also does some cruises and other traveling videos.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My main ones I enjoy are Mickey Views, PCDev and DFB( love AJ’s upbeat voice). I used to really enjoy watching Tim and his MK hotdog and number of rides challenges in parks, but I’ve drifted away from their vlog this past year or so.
Maybe once Genie is up and running, the various vlog challenges of how many rides can we do in a day will no doubt become a popular theme again.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 21, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
He had a press pass at the HEA return and was in the press area.
This.

He hadn't been in the media areas for a while but others were arguing that it was because of the pandemic and having the kid now they'd taken a step back.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
One of my new fav vloggers is JoJo's world, his young, American energetic (sometimes maybe a bit too OTT), he focus's on Disney/Universal but also does some cruises and other traveling videos.
Thanks for the recommendation- really enjoying watching him. Fun how he stops to chat to passers by.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

As someone that can absolutely afford it, my breaking point wasn't a price hike - it was Genie/+/LightningLane. Done. Never again.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Nells77
slightly serious Dibber

If you like JoJo’s world you like his friend Kyle Pallo too, he does daily blogs and they have been good to watch
Nells77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Conno
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by AnnieB View Post
The problem with offering Genie+ free to some guests is that it is not fair on those who have paid for it. It increases the number of people with Genie+ passes on any given day, which means ride availability will go down and lines will be longer.
You mean like how we (British guests) get Memory Maker, or the Dining Plan for free, when American (and other guests) have paid for it? What's the difference? I don't see it.

Remember - Genie+ is just FastPass re-packaged and not pre-bookable. FastPass was available to everyone for free. So why is Genie+ any different?

Edited at 09:37 AM.
Conno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I was thinking today - our first WDW trip was in 2010 so before FP+ and we used the paper FPs.

There was absolutely no benefit to staying onsite in terms of FP under that system.

And quite a few people thought FP+ was unfair to offsite guests.

Funny how we all forget and get annoyed at Disney taking away an onsite benefit (and don’t get me wrong, I don’t like the idea of paying for Genie+ at all).
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Conno View Post
You mean like how we (British guests) get Memory Maker, or the Dining Plan for free, when American (and other guests) have paid for it? What's the difference? I don't see it.

Remember - Genie+ is just FastPass re-packaged and not pre-bookable. FastPass was available to everyone for free. So why is Genie+ any different?
The only distinction I would make there is that Memory Maker and DDP are ancillary benefits which can be added to enhance your experience of the parks.

The use (or not) of Genie+ directly impacts on your core experience in visiting the parks and I’d be pretty unhappy if I had to pay whilst the residents of another country (who make up a small proportion of overall visitors) got it for free.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
The only distinction I would make there is that Memory Maker and DDP are ancillary benefits which can be added to enhance your experience of the parks.

The use (or not) of Genie+ directly impacts on your core experience in visiting the parks and I’d be pretty unhappy if I had to pay whilst the residents of another country (who make up a small proportion of overall visitors) got it for free.
IMO I would also argue that Genie+ is an ancillary benefit as well, and to some memory maker or DPP can impact there core experience as well. Value wise memory maker is a similar value to genie+.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List