Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Oct 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Has anyone visited NYC in Feb ?

Morning all,

We're desperate to get back to NYC, was hoping to go Nov/Dec this year but can't get time off work. The next dates we can go are half term Feb (mid Feb).
We have visited in April,Oct,Nov and Dec and loved all the trips, however a friend that lives in NYC has told us it's extremely cold and high risk of snow disruption in Feb. We were delayed on our last visit in Dec 2019 because of snow but it was absolutely beautiful to see in Central Park.

If we don't book Feb next year we will have to wait until next Nov. I just want to go ASAP.

Has anyone experienced NYC in Feb ?

Thanks
Old 1 Oct 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

My son & DIL did was cold, just like when we went at Xmas
As long as you know that you’ll be ok lots of layers
But when you get inside you’ll need to strip off a bit as you’ll soon be HOT 🥵
Anytime from December- February you’ve got a risk of snow ⛄️
ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Yes, it's cold. We walked through Central Park and saw a young couple having their wedding photos done as its snowed, they must have been freezing.

Having lived on that east coast in Boston storms roll in and dump snow sometimes many feet so transport is unpredictable but if you don't mind the cold, have warm waterproof boots and thermal hats and gloves you will be fine,
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We went in early March and had blizzards and icy winds. We wore balaclavas a couple of days! Amazing time though.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Hecky78
Excited about Disney

We are hopefully going to New York in February. We know it will be cold as we have been this time before. Although it was cold
we still had a brilliant time!
Hecky78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Went for my 50th birthday middle of Feb 2016. It was cold, but we had expected it and dressed for the weather (bought some brilliant 3 in 1 hiking coats from Decathlon) - we had what was described as a polar vortex so cold by their standards. The advantages were everything was really quiet, very short or no queues (we didn't pre-book anything), the air was so clear that the views from the Empire State and ToTR were great. It was also quite a cheap time to go.
We had snow on our last day, but the speed at which paths and roads were cleared puts us to shame. We did have a long wait sat on the plane waiting for the deicer to to the wings (we could see 30+ snow ploughs going up and down the runway so know that was totally clear). As it was a night flight I really wasnt bothered about the delay. Would certainly not hesitate to recommend Feb as a time to go
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
My DH booked a surprise trip to NY for my birthday a few years ago so we went at the very end of Feb into early March. There was plenty of snow on the ground in Central Park and we had more while we were there. It was extremely cold, down to -13C and even though we were dressed for the weather, it made sightseeing a bit unpleasant if I'm completely honest, especially the river trip booked for my birthday. I've never been so cold in my life and I wouldn't choose to go back at this time of year again.

Debra
Old 1 Oct 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Yes done NY in late January, it was cold but layered up, as the old Norwegian saying says… no such thing as bad weather just inappropriate clothing…

Enjoy, done NY a few times in winter, would love to see it in May/June.

Edited at 11:03 AM.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Laner
slightly serious Dibber

Laner's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yes and same as all of the above. It was around zero degrees and then we had one of the polar vortex days when it dropped to -15 and we spent that day in the museums. Snowed heavily when we took the trip out to Ellis Island and back to the Twin Towers Museum. However, I would thoroughly recommend it. As others have said, no queues, a different city experience - just wrap up and pack lots of thin layers.
Disneyland Paris 2000, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2014
Florida 1993, 1997, 2008, 2013
Laner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Thank you all.
We were expecting it to be cold in Dec on our last visit but it wasnt too bad. I feel cold reading these replies ❄️ I think if we go prepared we should be fine. Decisions decisions 🤷