Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jun 21, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
The current offer is an insult to the past free dining offer 😂

It equates to about $17pppd for a family of four at a moderate. That will just about get you one counter service meal a day. Not including an alcoholic drink.
Yes it’s not great but it’s better than the nothing they could’ve offered and it still counts as free dining.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2

It equates to about $17pppd for a family of four at a moderate. That will just about get you one counter service meal a day. Not including an alcoholic drink.
However, if you were travelling solo then the current free dining offer would be much better than the old free dining plans offer. At a moderate resort one person staying in a room would get $61 a day to spend however they want. That's better than 2 QS meals and a couple of snacks that they used to get.

And the $34 a day that you get at the Value resorts was better than what you got about 5 years ago when staying at a Value resort - i.e. nothing.

So it really does depend on who you ask.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Flubber
Very Serious Dibber

It’s not an insult it’s a decent offer that is why we have booked just not as good as the offer we lost from last year, but to say Its an insult is not right.
Rosen inn/Royal Pacific/Old Key West July 2014/ Caribbean Beach July 2016/Coronado springs June 2022
Flubber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Flubber View Post
It’s not an insult it’s a decent offer that is why we have booked just not as good as the offer we lost from last year, but to say Its an insult is not right.
Sorry, an insult was probably too strong. I’m just raging and genuinely very upset because we can’t go with what they’re currently offering. It’s just a terrible offer for our group, I’m afraid.

I’ve spent the last year of Covid planning our next trip….it’s got me through a few weeks of self isolation and was something positive and exciting to power our family through it all. And now we can’t go because they haven’t come up with the offer we needed for the holiday we wanted 😢

We’ve basically been priced off site for the very first time. We earn good money. We’ve been visiting Disney since I was old enough to walk. Both on and off site. We’ve been incredibly lucky. The last few times we’ve been have been out of this world and by far the best Disney has ever been for us. On site with the dining plan. Now it’s gone for 2022, and it’s taken that holiday I’d been planning since last March with it.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
There are ways to eat more cheaply, don’t give up. Could you do some offsite meals and get a Garden Grocer delivery?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

The value dining credit when added to the gift card works out slightly better than the free breakfast. Based on 3 people sharing..
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
OP, don't think anyone has mentioned that you had to buy Park tickets as well as stay at a Disney Resort Hotel, to qualify for free dining.

Historically free dining was started in the early 2000's after a particularly bad few years of autumn hurricanes. The offer was made in the autumn to encourage people to visit then.
Old 15 Jun 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Sorry, an insult was probably too strong. I’m just raging and genuinely very upset because we can’t go with what they’re currently offering. It’s just a terrible offer for our group, I’m afraid.

I’ve spent the last year of Covid planning our next trip….it’s got me through a few weeks of self isolation and was something positive and exciting to power our family through it all. And now we can’t go because they haven’t come up with the offer we needed for the holiday we wanted 😢

We’ve basically been priced off site for the very first time. We earn good money. We’ve been visiting Disney since I was old enough to walk. Both on and off site. We’ve been incredibly lucky. The last few times we’ve been have been out of this world and by far the best Disney has ever been for us. On site with the dining plan. Now it’s gone for 2022, and it’s taken that holiday I’d been planning since last March with it.
Way to maybe bring back into budget is rent DVC points. And when it comes to eating, cut back a bit- no one really needs two big meals a day and all those snacks anyway. Use distripplanner.com to get a rough idea of what the eating budget could be reduced to. Get groceries delivered via Instacart to the DVC room. This is what we do as DVC owners (given we go up to twice a year we are not bothered about table service every night and we also like to eat offsite a bit at our favourite places). Most DVC owners do not get dining plan for a reason. Disney holidays don’t cost us that much and we stay in deluxe hotels obviously with the DVC. Renting DVC points is roughly half Disney prices.
Old 15 Jun 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Great advice there. I am so tempted to rent DVC points. The only thing putting me off at the moment is that it’s harder to cancel. Once life gets a bit more predictable I would definitely do it.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Flubber
Very Serious Dibber

It is sad we’re all in the same boat we lost an amazing holiday last year, we’ve cut down for next year but as we were due to go last year we put that money aside and have started saving again for next year, but just because there is no free dining it doesn’t mean you can’t have an amazing holiday, we’re planning to make the best of what there offering
Rosen inn/Royal Pacific/Old Key West July 2014/ Caribbean Beach July 2016/Coronado springs June 2022
Flubber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List