Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Feb 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I’m probably the last person to ask as I have never stayed onsite, no nothing about MDE , magic bands , parking etc BUT IF you haven’t got your own car , and IF your friends are going to and coming back from the parks at the same time as you , could you not ‘share’ the car ( link it to your booking ) in as much as meet them 100 yards from the gate/barrier/kiosk, drive the car in on your magic band and leave it in the car park and do the reverse at the end of the day
Best of luck with standing on the road 100 yards up from the barrier at MK.
Old 17 Feb 18, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
Is this not asking how to cheat the system? Thought these threads weren’t allowed...
I understand your position and would agree IF this was a second car we are talking about, but if it's the only car, then imho all the op is trying to do is use what he is entitled to ( and what he has effectively paid for within the inflated room prices )
By being a named driver on a shared car I don't see the issue
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
I understand your position and would agree IF this was a second car we are talking about, but if it's the only car, then imho all the op is trying to do is use what he is entitled to ( and what he has effectively paid for within the inflated room prices )
By being a named driver on a shared car I don't see the issue
I guess I see it differently. It’s not the OP’s own hired car and with T&C’s stating that it’s the room occupiers that are entitled to free parking, his friends staying off site should pay for parking. Definitely cheating the system from my perspective.

But that’s up to them, just find it strange that this thread has continued for so long.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
I guess I see it differently. It’s not the OP’s own hired car and with T&C’s stating that it’s the room occupiers that are entitled to free parking, his friends staying off site should pay for parking. Definitely cheating the system from my perspective.

But that’s up to them, just find it strange that this thread has continued for so long.
My point being that if he was a named driver on the car , then I think he would only be getting what he is entitled to, parking the car for free on site

I accept it is a thin dividing line

I also think the op has never intended to try to cheat the system , but merely trying to understand if he is genuinely entitled
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 09:53 AM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mikec88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Thanks Buryboy, you're understanding my point completely. Not sure why so many others don't. I'm merely querying what Disney's policy is as there are certain circumstances (like my fastpass example) where the general rule of 'only guests staying onsite get priviledges' doesn't fully apply.

The cost of parking a car is factored into my booking and I only want to park one car. I think it's reasonable to expect to allow anyone in our MDE party to use that privilege for the duration of our stay, whether I'm driving it or not.
mikec88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by mikec88 View Post
Thanks Buryboy, you're understanding my point completely. Not sure why so many others don't. I'm merely querying what Disney's policy is as there are certain circumstances (like my fastpass example) where the general rule of 'only guests staying onsite get priviledges' doesn't fully apply.

The cost of parking a car is factored into my booking and I only want to park one car. I think it's reasonable to expect to allow anyone in our MDE party to use that privilege for the duration of our stay, whether I'm driving it or not.
A quick phone call to Disney would clear up any confusion for you.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I don’t think it is reasonable to expect that. It is a perk of staying onsite... those staying onsite have the free parking and the FP at 60 days.

Neither of these should be transferable to those staying offsite, even if as you say on same MDE party.
miked1e is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you were in the car it wouldn’t be an issue - just use your MB at the entrance. I honestly don’t know if the parking privilege will show on their MBs if you’re linked on MDE and I’m not sure from the thread if anyone has experienced it as I’ve really just skim read some posts. Technically they shouldn’t have that access however I’ve never understood these MDE “glitches”. Technically just because someone is linked as a friend on MDE shouldn’t mean they can also have the same access to 60 day FP but they do. Booking one night at a Disney hotel shouldn’t give you access to FP 60 days out from dates you’re not staying at Disney but it does. Disney don’t seem to care about these glitches so why not get free parking for your friends.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

Originally Posted by mikec88 View Post

Disney will expect their guests to either use onsite transport or drive themselves to a park. In this case you and your party would be doing both at the same time. Disney probably don’t cost that in.
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
Disney will expect their guests to either use onsite transport or drive themselves to a park. In this case you and your party would be doing both at the same time. Disney probably don’t cost that in.
I'm sorry but that is not the case at all. When we stayed on site we used our car and transportation. One day me and my eldest toured a few hotels using the transport and then met up with my husband and youngest son at magic kingdom where they drove. They also drove back to cbr whilst me and the eldest stayed for an extra hour and got the bus back to resort. Nowhere does it stipulate you have to utilise one or the other.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List