Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 May 18, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Universal during the week is much quieter than on weekends. If you have 7 days, you have 5 weekdays. The other two, do as advised-get there early and head back for the evening.

Universal draws a lot of locals and by mid August Florida schools are back. Even northerners who go back to school in September tend to not vacation at the end of the month and conceeentrate on getting ready for school.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Been to Universal copious amounts of times... never used folp in all the the times we have been... never missed out on anything... however I imagine if you wanted to rush around in half a day and then go and do something else then yeah it would be worth it...

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

As others have said, with 7 days to explore Universal, you should easily get everything done. You might have a few longer lines to contend with but the money saved can go towards another nice treat. We had a week at RPR and loved it but our dd has said she'd rather stay at Cabana Bay when we go back, as that was more fun. Done the last two weeks in August twice now, one off-site and one on; we didn't miss out by being off-site, we just queued more.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We're regular mid-late August visitors and stay at Universal for 4 nights or so, and I wouldn't want to do the parks without FOLP.

Last year the FOLP queues for some rides - the Harry Potter ones and Kong are ones that immediately come to mind - were long enough. The general lines must have been horrendous.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
RickyRaccoon
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Just a quick question to add about FOTL passes for Universal, thinking of tagging an extra couple of days on our stay and heading to an on site Universal hotel. Which apart from Hard Rock Hotel gives free FOTL pass?
RickyRaccoon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by RickyRaccoon View Post
Just a quick question to add about FOTL passes for Universal, thinking of tagging an extra couple of days on our stay and heading to an on site Universal hotel. Which apart from Hard Rock Hotel gives free FOTL pass?
Both Royal Pacific resort and Portofino bay will get you the FOTLP
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
RickyRaccoon
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Thanks for the reply. Just looking on To book, wanted to make sure the one we picked had that perk.
RickyRaccoon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I think there are people for whom FOTL is essential-those that want to get on quickly and do repeat rides. For most others it can be a pass. I have usually stayed on site and had FOTL and thought that I really didn't need it or not used it because there were no lines to speak of.

There is also a nice (? smug) feeling when you get to walk by everyone else.

With 7 days, you do not need it especially if you go on weekdays, go early and return in the evening.

At best, I might do 6 days at Cabana Bay and one night at another resort with FOTL-IMO having FOTL for two days is plenty.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

As per above, depends whether you just want to go on each ride once or multiple times.

The beauty of Universal is a lot of the rides are worth doing numerous times. Something like Bilge Rat Barges is worth doing more than once as part of the fun is the other people in your boat (nothing better than people on their first go! )

We wouldn't have gone on Despicable Me if we didn't have Express last time we were there in August as the Qs were crazy every day. Gringotts was the same.

It isn't essential but it is a fantastic perk.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BONDY LAD View Post
That’s an awful lot extra,but I have been at all times in August and first week in September,and just never found it worth doing without folp,I must be unlucky, bondy.
No I’d have to agree with this, I've done 3 weeks in August as have others I know and was so glad we had them, made the trips enjoyable.

Even when the US schools go back you are still looking at a very long wait for the better rides albeit not 2 hours but still a good hour

Not a chance in hell I’d go August without FOLP, yes it’s an expensive pain but IMHO you’d enjoy it more, personally I could not spend 45-60 mins in any queue - you’d probably not get to ride things more than once, but in any case queuing all day for rides is most of your day gone before you see/do anything else 🤔

Edited at 07:58 PM.
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List