Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jan 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Seeing @ClaireNJ in here, I'll join in too.

Brief background...

I went on the same journey that some of you seem to be on, in 2019. I'm a runner but I'd been injured and not able to run for a few years and the weight had slipped on, as it does. I weighed myself on January 8th 2019, when the Christmas goodies were all gone, was horrified and set myself a target of losing three stone to get back to my "fighting weight" by July 25th when we were going to WDW.

I didn't ban any food, but I was more careful with the fun/bad stuff. I did cut out evening snacking and I also stopped drinking and I LOVE a drink. I upped the intensity of my dog walks - just walked faster all the time, and we cover a lot of steep hills.

I lost three stone, exactly. Like many on here, I think, it started off quickly with a few 4-5 pounds per week, but then slows down. I just kept at it. I stayed "dry" for 205 days, even skipping pre-holiday airport hotels drinks and sticking to soft drinks on the plane. My first drink was a mimosa in Crystal Palace when we were having breakfast with Pooh et al on the first morning of our holiday.

Since then, I've managed to get back into running and I've run every day for the last 51 weeks, as well as walking the dog. Sometimes we run together.

I have no great desire to lose any more weight - which has stayed pretty much the same since July 2019 - but I have an interest in running performance and with each pound supposedly being worth 1-2 seconds per mile in pace, I'm curious to see if I lose a bit of weight, will I get quicker.

So, right now, I'm off the drink again (23 days and counting) and have cut back on my evening snacking habit too, although those two things are clearly linked.

I averaged 20,794 steps per day in 2020, and I'd like to beat that this year. Moving your legs is the easiest thing we can all do - you can even do laps of your lounge of an evening when watching the TV - and it all helps!

Here's my January thus far:

Just the two pounds shifted thus far. I only weigh myself on a Monday morning each week, but I'm not expecting much tomorrow as I have been a massive pig this week!
Wow! That’s some commitment, you’ve got great willpower. I have a big birthday this year and that’s my target date.
We do have something in common - I’ve also been dry for 23 days 😂
To be honest, I’m finding that easier in lockdown but may struggle once places open back up and we are able to see other people
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Oh, is there any log of who is donating what to which charity?

I'll donate £10 per pound to Cancer Research UK.
At the end of the challenge when dibbers say what weight they’ve they lost they can also say what charity they are donating to and I will include that info with it on my initial post (page 1) to save it being spread over dozens of pages.

Edited at 01:04 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

8 mile run 🥶💪then 4 mile walk to town for click & collect rude not to have a latte again 🙊🙄😋
Another £1 for the Hospice
Only £12 left on the Costa gift card, so it will be Caffè Nero after that
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Wow! That’s some commitment, you’ve got great willpower. I have a big birthday this year and that’s my target date.
We do have something in common - I’ve also been dry for 23 days 😂
To be honest, I’m finding that easier in lockdown but may struggle once places open back up and we are able to see other people
For my addictive personality, streaks work very well.

I really didn’t want to run yesterday but having run for 358 days in a row, there was no way I was going to not run!

Not drinking is the same, although I did have a Heineken 0.0 on a friends Zoom catch-up on Friday, and another with the takeaway curry last night.

It feels like cheating slightly!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
For my addictive personality, streaks work very well.

I really didn’t want to run yesterday but having run for 358 days in a row, there was no way I was going to not run!

Not drinking is the same, although I did have a Heineken 0.0 on a friends Zoom catch-up on Friday, and another with the takeaway curry last night.

It feels like cheating slightly!
I get that! I’m all or nothing
The Apple Watch has really forced my exercise though as when I’d have previously made excuses it’s made me get on with it so not to spoil the pattern
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I get that! I’m all or nothing
The Apple Watch has really forced my exercise though as when I’d have previously made excuses it’s made me get on with it so not to spoil the pattern
Mrs B is exactly the same. Her January challenge is to average 14.5km (I have no idea why she works in kms!) per day, which means I have to put up with her lapping the lounge most evenings.

Really puts me off my lounging around!
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Seeing @ClaireNJ in here, I'll join in too.

Brief background...

I went on the same journey that some of you seem to be on, in 2019. I'm a runner but I'd been injured and not able to run for a few years and the weight had slipped on, as it does. I weighed myself on January 8th 2019, when the Christmas goodies were all gone, was horrified and set myself a target of losing three stone to get back to my "fighting weight" by July 25th when we were going to WDW.

I didn't ban any food, but I was more careful with the fun/bad stuff. I did cut out evening snacking and I also stopped drinking and I LOVE a drink. I upped the intensity of my dog walks - just walked faster all the time, and we cover a lot of steep hills.

I lost three stone, exactly. Like many on here, I think, it started off quickly with a few 4-5 pounds per week, but then slows down. I just kept at it. I stayed "dry" for 205 days, even skipping pre-holiday airport hotels drinks and sticking to soft drinks on the plane. My first drink was a mimosa in Crystal Palace when we were having breakfast with Pooh et al on the first morning of our holiday.

Since then, I've managed to get back into running and I've run every day for the last 51 weeks, as well as walking the dog. Sometimes we run together.

I have no great desire to lose any more weight - which has stayed pretty much the same since July 2019 - but I have an interest in running performance and with each pound supposedly being worth 1-2 seconds per mile in pace, I'm curious to see if I lose a bit of weight, will I get quicker.

So, right now, I'm off the drink again (23 days and counting) and have cut back on my evening snacking habit too, although those two things are clearly linked.

I averaged 20,794 steps per day in 2020, and I'd like to beat that this year. Moving your legs is the easiest thing we can all do - you can even do laps of your lounge of an evening when watching the TV - and it all helps!

Here's my January thus far:

Just the two pounds shifted thus far. I only weigh myself on a Monday morning each week, but I'm not expecting much tomorrow as I have been a massive pig this week!
AMAZING 🤩🤩
Bozza to run every day hats off to you 💪💪
And yes the less you weigh the faster you run, look at Mo 😉
My Hubbie is a fab runner & did his best times when he weighed 10 stone, PB 35 minutes for 10K, but he did look ill, so you can’t have everything
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Escaped the scaremongerTing on here, and went out for a two-hour run. It's a wee bit chilly with a real feel of -1, but it was glorious to be out in the sun just lazy lolloping along.

That makes 60.4 miles of running this week, an additional 40.4 miles of walking and an average of 23,500 steps per day. I'm still not looking forward to the scales tomorrow morning though. I might need to wait for my daily movements to happen first!

Part One
Part Two
Old 24 Jan 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Escaped the scaremongerTing on here, and went out for a two-hour run. It's a wee bit chilly with a real feel of -1, but it was glorious to be out in the sun just lazy lolloping along.

That makes 60.4 miles of running this week, an additional 40.4 miles of walking and an average of 23,500 steps per day. I'm still not looking forward to the scales tomorrow morning though. I might need to wait for my daily movements to happen first!
Brilliant! I love running when its fresh outside 😁
On a side note, to everyone not just you 😬 are we allowed to exercise outside as long as we want in this lockdown?
I am still following the first lockdown rules of one hour, once a day 🙈🙈🙈
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Great distance & pace too 💪💪❄️