Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 17 Aug 18, 04:33 AM  
Link to this Post
IWANT2GO
Proud to wear my Ears

I think I may have cracked Headlight -

Hi,

I'm getting slightly worried now that the SUV I have been driving has a cracked headlight. I can't remember seeing this when I took the car from Alamo from MCO airport. I only just noticed this today.

If it was me, I can only think a loose chipping must of hit my headlight when I was driving down the I4 as no other damage is visible around the bumper.

The car was hired as part of the package deal from Virgin Holidays. After some advice at the time of booking from VH, I took out their gold car insurance policy which includes CDW (collision damage waiver), will this cover the damage if Alamo tries to pin the damage on me and will I have to pay any excess , as I can't find information on this.

Edited at 04:34 AM.
IWANT2GO is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 04:50 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Yes - don’t worry about it and no need to even advise them really unless you want to.
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Seriously don't worry. You will be covered.

I had a really scuffed and scratched bumper earlier this year. When I returned it they didn't even look at the car. Just gave me my receipt.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Worst thing that happened to us was when we booked through Alamo and someone keyed all the way down one side of our car when we were parked at Blizzard Beach!

Took the car back at the end of the holiday and tried to talk to the guy that checks the cars back in and he wasn't the slightest bit interested. I was very relieved!
Old 17 Aug 18, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

OP if you are worried incase the headlight will fail / fall out then drive it to the nearest Alamo for a swap out. Will be no problem at all for them.
Old 17 Aug 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s what the CDW covers you for, and in the USA the excess is $0! So nothing to pay.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

If you're really worried, call an Alamo depot close by (or drop into DCCC at Magic Kingdom) and see if they'll swap you over to another car.