Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Aug 22, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

Beware of dairy free at Disney

Hi, we’re currently here with our dairy free child. Sadly our experience of dairy free food at Disney has been very poor so I just wanted to make sure others are aware.
I mobile ordered a milk allergy meal from Beach Club Marketplace for them and was provided with a gluten free meal which contained milk. They started to eat it then realised they had the wrong meal. I took it back to the marketplace and their response was very disappointing indeed. The girl behind the counter laughed and said ‘Oh dear’! I have spoken to management who have now apologised (2 days and numerous emails later!) but our 8 year old is really upset and is now anxious about eating which has really affected our holiday. Please be careful and double/triple check what you are given before eating it.
Luckily for us he is okay but this could have been so different.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Sounds like this is an issue with training all the new staff.

On our last visit we put a note on our booking that my husband was allergic to bananas and plantain.

Every restaurant we went to, the chef came out to discuss with him what he could have.

They wouldn’t let him have the amazing onion rolls at Yachtsman because they were cooked in the same breadmaker used for banana bread - even though it was cleaned in between.

At Grand Flo Cafe he couldn’t have the onion straws on the Grand sandwich as they were fried in the same machine as banana fritters.

Even at CS places they asked about allergies every time and were so clued up.

Hope this improves for you. Worth bringing it to a manager’s attention as the consequences of getting it wrong could be serious.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

So sorry to hear this hope your child is ok, mistakes do happen sadly but they could have taken a more professional attitude in there response to you
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandonewbie
Excited about Disney

This is our third visit with a milk allergy and they have been good in the past. That’s why I wanted to warn people not to be complacent.
orlandonewbie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 22, 05:33 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegem
Serious Dibber

Sorry to hear this, we had a very different experience. They were amazing in disney with our sons dairy issues, really went above and beyond. We found eating off site gave him very little choice and ended up spending a fortune on Disney food.

They were so good, that we stayed on site on our next trip to take advantage of the DDP.

This was all pre-covid, but my understanding is that disney take allergies really seriously. You've possibly been unlucky?

If you're going to HS try and get a booking at Hollywood & Vine. Although everywhere was good, the service here in relation to my son was excellent. They asked him what he would like to eat from the buffet, went around with us, prepared everything he wanted and brought it to the table in about 15 minutes. Same with puddings!

Everyday was fab, but that was our best experience.

Don't be disheartened, your son will be safely and well fed. Update MDE that you have an allergy in your party for booked restraunts, and they'll be extra prepared. They will also mention it before you remember to.

Good luck x
sparklegem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List