Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 5 May 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by DisneyWannabe View Post
I wouldn't go to WDW without my family. I would feel differently if the kids were grown and left home and DH didn't want to go though. However, you mention the family going in August? would you be able to afford both if your family was agreeable?
I'd make sure we could! We were going to have a "cheap" holiday year after a blowout last Summer, but plans change, right?

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I wouldn't be worried about leaving children with just one parent (happens all the time be it business, deployment, illness, golf etc etc) and I'd maybe take on board that if my partner was super keen that I might not be the only one in need of "me time"
Where did I say she was super keen?

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Its something i wouldn't want to do on my own, and would be miffed if my dh wanted to do it on his own.
Dont get me wrong we both do mini trips on our own and love coming back telling stories od our trips but couldn't imagine doing such a big trip without each other.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I'd make sure we could! We were going to have a "cheap" holiday year after a blowout last Summer, but plans change, right?

Where did I say she was super keen?
I said "if" , though it has probably been an adjustment for both of you. I do solo trips as well as family trips but also make sure my OH knows I'm happy for him to have them too... even though he's far more a homebody than me who has always travelled lots.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If it meant using money that would go towards a family holiday in the summer then I wouldn't , but only you and your family know what's right for you all . Good luck in whatever you decide x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Money aside (because only you know what impact the cost would have on other holidays and areas of your life), I'd certainly consider it. Especially if you could do with the boost.

Just because you enjoy Disney with your family doesn't mean you wouldn't also enjoy it on your own. The two aren't mutually exclusive. It might even give you a different perspective to share with your family on your next trip together -- a fresh eye, energy and inspiration.

I know some couples like to do everything together, but that's not the case for all couples. Plus, it can be good for kids to see their parents prioritising their own individual quality of life as well as everyone else's.

I'm guessing you know deep down whether you'd like to go or not.

Do ya wanna?

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

I know a dibber who is going next week with her dh to see wishes one last time and leaving the kids at home. Personally much as I'd love a break away with dh I don't think I could go to wdw without dd whilst she's still quite young. She'd never forgive us.
Old 5 May 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

I've always wanted to do a Universal HHN but none of the family are interested and don't want to go at that time of year. I did think about going by myself and raised the idea with the OH.

I'm not going.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

My OH is off to Florida at the end of the month for a golfing week, no parks though. I'll admit I did have a bit of a grump when he initially told me where they were going as it was originally meant to be Portugal, but now I'm using it to my advantage and compiling my shopping list as we speak 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
WendyBelle
Excited about Disney

No I couldn't do it. I just could not go to Orlando by myself. Other places maybe but not there.
Orlando is our family place, our family memories place.
I've just sat and thought about it, going on my own.
For me leaving my children and partner at home, being in WDW all by myself with no-one to share being there with seems quite a dark prospect. I'd feel so lonely not to mention guilty.
Plus you say you were going to have a cheapy this year after last years blowout, which implies money is obviously tight, I could not in all honesty take monies out of a tight family holiday budget and use it on myself.
sorry but you did ask
Old 5 May 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Wow, can't believe some of these comments! I love my DH and he loves me, but we are both sentient adults who are allowed and capable of spending time doing what we want to do.
You need a break and your OH supports you - what more is there to think about?

I would not go to WDW though - you have been a lot, you associate it with family time and you can totally please yourself - so do something amazing and life affirming instead.

I would strike out for Asia or Alaska (great time of year to go) - where have you always fancied trying? You could use it as a scoping trip and go back with the family later...

Anyway, good luck, I hope that you go somewhere. 😀
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread