Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Apr 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by dancingelkhound View Post
I’ve just got off the phone with the French DLP team.

(Whether the information provided would be the same if I called and spoke to someone else, is anybody’s guess.)

They wouldn’t give me a refund. Categorically denied, despite all the info I threw at them.

I booked through the French site, so my voucher would be in Euros and only valid on the French website. Not even on the Italian, German etc, even though they also use Euros. (This seemed to be a question she wasn’t expecting.)

To qualify for the voucher, I need to have paid the full amount, not just the deposit.

Bookings for May through the French site are likely to become available around September.

None of which are the answers I wanted unfortunately 😭
Thanks for this update, not the news I wanted either. I've not had a twitter reply since I chased this up.

I paid in full by credit card so wonder if chargeback could be an avenue for me to look at.

I'm just not sure if I should wait for any French offers for Jan first but how long will that be 😔 or do I wait to see if my trip can go ahead in June?

We have 3 seperate European trips to sort out and a UK trip in August, would be nice to have 1 of them in some sort of progress, I hate not knowing what's happening with my money.

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by CreakingStool View Post
Thanks for this update, not the news I wanted either. I've not had a twitter reply since I chased this up.

I paid in full by credit card so wonder if chargeback could be an avenue for me to look at.

I'm just not sure if I should wait for any French offers for Jan first but how long will that be 😔 or do I wait to see if my trip can go ahead in June?

We have 3 seperate European trips to sort out and a UK trip in August, would be nice to have 1 of them in some sort of progress, I hate not knowing what's happening with my money.
Same here, I’m dealing with Expedia, EasyJet, BA all for 4 trips and getting no where!

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’ve requested the vouchers, just for the deposit amount, our balance is due April 24th. So we will see if they send us the vouchers, and then whether they have any terms or conditions attached. Once we’ve got the vouchers we’ll perhaps ring to book and see if they’ll accept them. 🤷🏻
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dancingelkhound View Post
Unfortunately this no longer seems to be the case.

Which is even more irritating for those who, as requested by DLP, held off getting in touch so those with sooner departure dates could get sorted first.
Which is why if you insist they have to offer this still. They put it in writing on their website and other channels that if you have a booking before 1 June you can cancel for a full refund prior to 15 April. They can’t just arbitrarily change the timescales.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by kenville View Post
Which is why if you insist they have to offer this still. They put it in writing on their website and other channels that if you have a booking before 1 June you can cancel for a full refund prior to 15 April. They can’t just arbitrarily change the timescales.
They did state that this refund offer was ‘subject to change at any time’.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
They did state that this refund offer was ‘subject to change at any time’.
That is not what it said in writing on their website. And also in messages from their CMs on Facebook Messenger. Appreciate they want to keep as much money as possible and it is good of them to offer rebooking on same t&cs, but if they have offered refunds In writing within a certain time period they have to honour that. And if the parks are closed, legally they have to anyway. Not everyone can or will want to visit again.
Old 9 Apr 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

That is not what it said in writing on their website. And also in messages from their CMs on Facebook Messenger. Appreciate they want to keep as much money as possible and it is good of them to offer rebooking on same t&cs, but if they have offered refunds In writing within a certain time period they have to honour that. And if the parks are closed, legally they have to anyway. Not everyone can or will want to visit again.
Sadly I don’t have a screenshot, but it definitely did state on the website that the offer they originally stated (which included a full refund) was subject to change at any time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I have a screenshot and it doesn’t say that. It’d be a bit odd to say the offer can change in terms of refunds when the park is closed. I’ll let you know how I get on when i call by the 15th 👍😀
Old 10 Apr 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
ClippedWings
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I have a screenshot and it doesn’t say that. It’d be a bit odd to say the offer can change in terms of refunds when the park is closed. I’ll let you know how I get on when i call by the 15th 👍😀
Hi everyone, called just now and got a full refund for our May trip under the initial C19 terms. They initially offered the voucher or re-booking but we just said that didn’t work for us.
ClippedWings is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ClippedWings View Post
Hi everyone, called just now and got a full refund for our May trip under the initial C19 terms. They initially offered the voucher or re-booking but we just said that didn’t work for us.
Good news!