Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Jan 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

Head or Heart?

I’ve always been a logical type of person and therefore a lot of decisions I make (not all but most) I would say are ruled solely by my head after lots of careful deliberation.I’m definitely a planner type rather than a spur of the moment, just go with it type.

After the past year and with lockdowns and everything else going in, it’s made me question whether sometimes I should maybe let my heart rule a bit more. Maybe being so deliberate and thinking everything through (possibly overthinking) means that I could be missing out by not following my heart and just going for it (see even overthinking this lol).

So maybe I need to let the heart rule a bit more and take some chances and see what happens...

What about you...are you a head or heart person?

Edited at 10:56 AM.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Definitely a head person which I feel makes me overthink everything and possibly a glass half empty person.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

It depends on the situation with me but I do go more with my head than my heart as I’m getting older.
DH says I’m too suspicious of people especially if there’s money involved but 99.9% of the time I’m right.
The only time DH didn’t listen to me and I didn’t push it we lost £2,500.
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I’m generally a head person, but my heart can be very good at muscling in when it feels strongly about something (no pun intended).
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Head, much to the detriment of my mental health. This year we intend to follow our hearts more - however lockdown needs to do one before that can happen!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

I try really hard to be a head person but the heart wins far more often than it should. I do try to think things through (and I am both an avid planner and a control freak) but I do sometimes take decisions I know are unwise, particularly if I know they’ll make someone else happy.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Completely heart. Which has got me into a lot of trouble in life, but I had fun.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I to try to very much be a head person but the heart wins me over all the time. I feel that life is far to short not to take the opportunities presented to you
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Heart. Live for today, but not with a total disregard for tomorrow.

And the last ten months have reinforced that this is the right approach for me. There has always been the "tomorrow you could drop dead" factor, but now we have the "tomorrow you might be enjoying full health, but able to do very little at all".

We rarely regret things that we do. I don't want to be exiting this world thinking "I wish I'd done XXXXX when I had the opportunity to do so."

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My DH is definitely a head person and I am definitely a heart person - makes for an interesting life

He has spend 3 weeks researching whether to buy a £40 kettle
Me on the other hand wants a pink Smeg one to match my new kitchen colours - at the moment neither of us are winning

While he is 99.9% a head person there have been occasions when he has just said "go for it" - great deals on cruises and when I found some fab xmas fights to miami he decided in a nano-second! So occasionally where he really has to make a decision there and then he can do it - but it brings him out in a sweat!

Since the first lockdown however he is slowly slowly moving to be more of a heart person and has been able to develop much more of a "lets go for it" attitude.

I am determined that I wont miss out on anything else and I have told him so The crazy thing is after all the resistance he ALWAYS agrees afterwards that we made the right decision when we go for it!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List