Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Jul 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

We have always asked if we wanted something different, more of something, found them very accommodating... my veggie son loved it!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

We loved it - my review is in signature from 2018.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gemsie0812 View Post
This might be unpopular but has any one else been recently? We had a pretty poor experience. Was very rushed it cost us $130 for 2 adults including a tip and we only drank water. Was in and out within 50 minutes.

I've heard a couple of similar reports - so just a heads up if you are going then please make sure you tell the waiters to slow down etc. We felt a bit pressured. I'd probably only ever go back now if I was on a dining plan.
We thought the food and service was excellent there, did you complain?
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

When we went we had poor food and service, only came around once with the skewers and before we could ask for extra from the skewers our plates were removed and dessert given instead.
We were not impressed and won’t be in any rush to go back.
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

Tips for people thinking of going: if food not cooked how you like you can request it to be done differently...and if they try take your plates you can tell them you haven't finished and tell them what you want. If food is truly bad, I would complain and not pay, but that's never happened in 6 visits. One of our kids wasn't keen on desert so bought her a cupcake, and when saw we had polished of the shared desert asked if we wanted one too!
Sometimes you have to manage them not vice versa...
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
WendyWilson
Imagineer

WendyWilson's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We visited last year for the first and only time! Whilst we got a great seat front and centre for the MK fireworks (8:30 reservation) that was about the highlight of the evening.

There was only the four of us 2 ad & 2 ch so obviously the waiter wasn't going to get as huge a tip as if there were 8 or 9 of us so he clearly couldn't be bothered with us! Only 1 round of drinks, despite us asking on numerous occasions for refills! He brought the skewers round to us on a few occasions which were just ok (my food was brought separately as I have a shellfish allergy) but it seemed like it was a massive effort for him to leave his other guests (don't ask what the pineapple bread was like - he never brought us any ). Dessert was just ok, he didn't ask us if we wanted the caramel sauce pouring over the pudding, he just went ahead and did it! I wasn't impressed.

However, he was all over us like a rash when it was time to get the bill - wonder why that was? Anyway, we did settle up and did leave a tip (we were on the DDP so that did ease the pain ever so slightly) but I was stewing about it over the next couple of days so I went to speak with the concierge (Rodney) at OKW, just to let him know that I wasn't overly happy with our experience more than anything. He did comp us the cost of the meal with a gift card and he was very apologetic (not that it was his fault by any means).

I'm a firm believer that if something is not right then you should make a complaint. Yes, I should have done it on the night but I was in no mood and we all just wanted to get out of there (We barely had chance to speak to our waiter as it was).

TBF, if something is done well then compliments should also be made - as I did with Rodney - I emailed his manager to express my gratitude).

I think Ohana is just one of those places that's like Marmite
Old 5 Jul 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Mobile

Isn’t everywhere in Disney overpriced?! 😂 we had an iffy first experience but enjoyed the food so went back! Has only gotten better since 🙂
Old 5 Jul 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

We did Ohana for the first time last trip (Oct 2017). I saw so many bad reviews before we went, but I wanted to try it for myself.

It was one of the best meals of our trip. Food was great and service was too.

It was one of the first on the list for October this year...yet again there’s lots of bad reviews but I’m not too concerned by them tbh
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

The rushing you out thing is very common in Disney in my experience. It's my biggest bug bear. I cannot tell you how many times our mains have arrived when we are still eating starters. Even in signature restaurants. These days, I make it clear from the outset that we do not want to be rushed. If I am in a hurry and want to be on the move quickly we grab a QS or buffet. But when we are eating tea in the evening I want a relaxed time to chat and eat at a leisurely pace. 'Ohana are renowned for the rushing. What I would recommend is being really clear up front - these days I will tell the server exactly what my expectations are. Don't turn up with those skewers until we ask. If we are in a table service we order our starters and don't order the main dish until we have finished eating the starter. Not sure if it's a cultural thing as it also happened over at Universal too. Sorry to come across as a moaning mare - it's a huge bugbear for me!

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Harryfinn
Getting Excited

Mobile

Heard too many mixed reviews of late so we decided to change oir evening reservation
Harryfinn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List