Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 Apr 17, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ted74 View Post
Thanks for the responses. The lady did give me the form to fill in, but I was pushed for time, one daughter in tow who didn't look too thrilled to be hanging around in there, so just pushed it back across the counter and said forget it. That was the reason for the thread. I had reasoned that if the lady had already spent 5 mins calling this head of characters and had no joy, then what would a paper based complaint achieve?

I thought her suggestion of a quick remedy was spot on, the kids would love to see Mickey.

In fact the meet and greet was right outside Mickey's meet and greet which showed a 50 mins wait, so we declined and went for the quicker Alice one. That sums it up, we waited over 50 mins, but not at any point did the attendant say "hmm think this could be a long one" in fact it was the opposite, we asked and were given misinformation. It maybe asking a lot but I do think those attendants need to try and manage expectation where there isn't a board showing wait times. The whole point of those boards so people can make a judgement. I don't begrudge those with medical conditions getting faster access at all, I think it's a great part of what Disney do, but something wasn't right on this occasion - there were far too many.

I am really surprised by the amount of repeat visitors, there are some undoubted highs to be had during your visit, and I'm ok with accepting there is a fair amount of queues to negotiate, but what I've seen in a fair few instances over the last 3 days are things can should be done better.

I think people tend to forget the bad stuff when they return, which is good really, but in terms of advising people coming for the first time, I think it's fair they get a really honest account of how bad the experience can and will be.
I just wanted to reply on your last couple of paragraphs OP. I have friends who visited DLP (their only time) over Halloween week a few years ago, when the parks were crazy busy and obviously queue lines etc reflected that. They didn't enjoy it and won't go back - and I totally understand that. They didn't feel the magic.
As an adult, I recall one visit in March before an anniversary year when the castle and pirate ship were covered in hoarding and tarpaulin, half of fantasyland was out of commission as they were re-laying the flooring there, and the parade route was cut by over half because of it too. If that had been my first visit to DLP, it would probably have been my last (although my girls, similar ages then to your girls now, didn't notice any of that and had a fabulous time).
I'll be honest - you didn't choose a great first time to go. Weekends are crazy at DLP, and I try to avoid them. French school holidays always make the parks busier too.

Your experiences are your experiences, they will affect how you feel about your trip, as they should. Not everyone who goes to DLP feels a repeat pull to return (although you're right, a lot of us do).
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List