Notices

Old 31 Jan 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
We enjoyed Storybook Dining, I know it gets mixed reviews but we were lucky and the food was great. I was a bit worried about Alex there as he is quite picky, but he had the adult chicken and enjoyed it. They also have chicken tenders on the children’s menu and i’m sure could do it as a bigger portion (though the children’s one was big anyway!)
That's really good to know about the chicken tenders. Evie seems very keen to meet the characters so I'm 99% certain that the ADR will stay.

Edited at 04:24 PM. Reason: Typo
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm starting to get a bit nervous now. ADR day is Tuesday. Fingers crossed we get what we're hoping for.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I'm starting to get a bit nervous now. ADR day is Tuesday. Fingers crossed we get what we're hoping for.
I'm sure you'll be fine. The only one I haven't been able to get is Le Cellier. Good luck for Tuesday

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm sure you'll be fine. The only one I haven't been able to get is Le Cellier. Good luck for Tuesday
Thanks, I'm going to have to try to do it at work which isn't ideal but can't be helped. There are enough places we'd like to try that if there is somewhere I can't get then I'll just replace it with somewhere else or maybe I just won't book a reservation that day at get back down to 14 credits!
Old 8 Feb 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Good luck for ADR I hope you manage to get them all x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'll be keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow Jo, I hope it's fun and not stressful x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Hope ADR day goes well for you ...It is exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time lol... You will be a massive step closer to your holiday tomorrow
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Good luck for ADR I hope you manage to get them all x
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'll be keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow Jo, I hope it's fun and not stressful x
Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Hope ADR day goes well for you ...It is exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time lol... You will be a massive step closer to your holiday tomorrow
Thank you all. I'm just debating whether I'm going to try to get them done in my break at work tomorrow or just be patient and wait until I get home. I've been looking this evening at what is still available for the day before we arrive and everything we want still has reservations apart from early breakfast at Crystal Palace so I'm hoping the same will be the case on the days we want.
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

ADR Update.

I'd like to be able to say that it all went smoothly but unfortunately that's not quite the case. Thankfully it all worked out in the end.

My break at work is at 11.00 so I decided to give the ADRs a go. I logged into MDE and it was showing the first 10 days of my stay on the calendar - a good sign I thought. Wrong. I could search for times but as soon as I clicked on a time to book, I got the Donald ducked out message that I'd seen lots of reports of over the last few days. I persisted with refreshing for a bit before deciding that it was time to try the app. I went for our Crystal Palace PPO breakfast first as it was the only thing there was availability problems for yesterday. I got past the time and needed to add card details to secure the booking. I was trying to save my card details but it wouldn't let me so I tried without saving and it finally went through. By now though of course my break was over.

Lunchtime came and I had another go on the app. It was slightly annoying that it still wouldn't save my card details so I had to add them from scratch for each booking.

When I got home I had another go on the website using my laptop as I couldn't get the fantasmic package or the parade package on the app. It still wasn't working using Chrome but it did work using Microsoft Edge.

I still have 3 days worth of ADRs to do over the next few days. Other than that I was able to get what I wanted roughly when I wanted it apart from Storybook Dining at Artist Point - I could only get a 4.15pm ADR and I was hoping for something between 6 and 7. I have booked a later back up ADR for Cali Grill but I'd really rather that was our last night meal. Overall I'm happy with what I've ended up with.
Old 11 Feb 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Glad you are happy with everything you’ve got! Annoying that it wouldn’t work while you where on your break! I can imagine that caused some stress! Look forward to hearing what you picked!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List