Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Mar 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Rose89
Helping Minnie

Mobile HomeAway newbie!

I’ve never stayed in a villa/townhouse before and never needed to look at prices to compare but a friend recommended HomeAway to me. I was initially looking for a different trip with 6 adults but got excited and also looked at dates for a trip where there are only 2 adults and a lovely townhouse in Kissimmee came up with 4 beds for only £13 a night!

Is that normal?!

I feel like it must be wrong or a trick or some kind of catch and I don’t want to book thinking I have the best deal ever to then have it cancelled too close or worse - turn up to nothing!

Can anyone advise whether they think this could possibly be correct?

Thanks!
2024 All Star Music Resort/2023 Tokyo Disneyland, DisneySea & Universal Osaka/2022 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2022 Pop Century/2021 Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista/2019 Caribbean Beach & Endless Summer Surfside/2018 Disneyland California & Universal Hollywood/2017 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando/2016 Rosen Inn International/2014 Disneyland Paris/2012 Pop Century/2010 Econolodge Inn & Suites/1999 Kissimmee/1997 Quality Inn I- Drive
Rose89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
You could post a link so someone else can take a look.

Sounds like a mistake/mis-price to me.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
At £13 a night i would be very cautious.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We have used homeaway for many many years.
Have you pressed get a quote from owner and put your dates in ?
It’s not on the main screen of the property you’re looking at, go into the screen, that way you get the right price for your dates .
Some don’t add all the fees like damage deposit, cleaning fee, tax etc, so that could be why it’s so cheap.

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

I was on Homeaway a few weeks ago and also came across a number of ridiculously cheap properties. If you look at the photos some of the photos are the same for the different properties even when they are in different resort areas. It seems like a scam to me.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

It sounds like a scam to me as that is far too cheap. Enter your dates and how many people staying and see if the price changes. Always look at reviews as well. I have used Home Away many times and stayed in some lovely properties, but I always only book those that have a lot of recent reviews for piece of mind.

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List