Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jul 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

I'm not a heat hater but I'm not liking it just now.

I can put up with the heat of holidays, plenty of air con and the opportunity of water fountains and pools around to cool off in.

I hate not being able to sleep but I've got a good fan so I've been a lot better this year than in previous heatwaves.
For me, about 18 is perfect for the UK, just as long as I can do anything in tshirt sleeves and not need a jumper - then I'm happy!
I've hardly done anything today or yesterday apart from sit with a fan. I'm in work now and still have a fan plugged into the usb!
I just find it tires me out so much more in this country. Last night I was ready for bed so early
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
We did consider the same but knew that we’d just be joined by a Labrador 😂
I have got two spaniels that hate the water (yes, I know, they are definitely 'faulty'). When I started to fill it one of them just looked at me with a disgusted look on his face and the other ran off into the house and hid behind the curtains.
It's been absolutely fantastic all afternoon. It took me a couple of hours nearly to fill it but I have been alternating between floating about in it and laying on my sun lounger with my book. If I didn't have to start cooking dinner now I might have been able to fool myself that I was on holiday.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Me DH loves heat, always have. He loves scorching sun and if he is not dripping of sweat its not hot enough 😀. i am the opposite but have in the past survived August Florida heat by keeping in the shade and a cooling towel. Not sure how I will survive next trip (whenever that is) because now I have some auto-immune arthritis type of illness which has flared up in the heat.

Old 19 Jul 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Been to Thorpe park today and OMG 🥵🥵. I go to Florida in August but it’s so much more bearable. Nearly all queues are outside in the blazing sun, no fans or air con anywhere not even in the shops. It really was a horrible day. Couldn’t even go on a water ride to cool down as they were all 90+ mins. Then to top it off watched two grown women who were actually together have a full on fight. I literally couldn’t wait to leave!
Old 19 Jul 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
Been to Thorpe park today and OMG 🥵🥵. I go to Florida in August but it’s so much more bearable. Nearly all queues are outside in the blazing sun, no fans or air con anywhere not even in the shops. It really was a horrible day. Couldn’t even go on a water ride to cool down as they were all 90+ mins. Then to top it off watched two grown women who were actually together have a full on fight. I literally couldn’t wait to leave!
We went last month and it was awful! Crazy queues! Rides closed
Absolute chaos
We managed swarm, the rapids and the dodgems and left just after lunch even though we d paid full entry price and drove for two hours to get there 👎🏻

Did you get on Nemesis?

Edited at 08:04 PM.
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I have air-con in the living room…..it’s bliss, bedroom is usually much cooler and fan is enough……couple of years ago was 30+ in living room and was sitting in the bedroom for a bit of relief…..invested in the air-con £800+ but has been worth every penny…….

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
We went last month and it was awful! Crazy queues! Rides closed
Absolute chaos
We managed swarm, the rapids and the dodgems and left just after lunch even though we d paid full entry price and drove for two hours to get there 👎🏻

Did you get on Nemesis?
I actually live local but hate it that much so rarely go. But the kids really wanted to so I gave in. Got cheap tickets on Ebay for £20, to be fair I’d never pay full price for it. By the time we left at 3pm Stealth, swarm and Saw were all down. My son managed to get on Nemesis, he joined the queue when it said 25 mins then it went up to 70 minutes! They just let far too many people in. Even getting there before it opens makes little difference.
Old 19 Jul 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Weird on a platform for lovers of all things florida a lot of folk dont like the heat?
I'm a classic snow bird. I would happily live out there every winter but come spring, I need to fly home.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

Normally love it but going through medically induced menopause, with night sweats and hot flashes is a nightmare! The cat has even stolen my cool blanket!

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Weird on a platform for lovers of all things florida a lot of folk dont like the heat?
I don't go for 'Florida' or even 'Orlando'. I go because that's where the parks are. If the parks were in, say, Cardiff, I'd much rather go there!

We only do WDW in the winter. First trip in December 2010 it was minus 2 degrees some days. Ice everywhere, pools closed, all the rides in Seaworld closed because of the cold. Everyone wearing thick winter coats. Parks virtually empty. Loved it and if I could guarantee weather like that, I would go every winter.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List