Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 4 Aug 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mummybear
Proud to wear my Ears

Question The start of a plan for us newbies...opinions please :)

Hiya

Advice needed please

We are going next April for our first time! I have made a start on an itinerary but would love to know what you think and if it looks like a good start or if I need to adjust things... ?

We are 2 adults and 2 children 7 and 12 staying onsite in POR and 1 night at universal to get FOLP passes.

Sat - Travel day and late arrival so straight to hotel
Day 1 - Sunday - MK (until too tired)
Day 2 - Mon - AK
Day 3 - Tues - Epcot
Day 4 - Weds - Rest day -Waterpark then disney springs
Day 5 - Thurs - Universal
Day 6 - Fri - Universal
Day 7 - Sat - Hollywood studios
Day 8 - Sun - AK
Day 9 - Mon - Rest day - Waterpark
Day 10 - Tues - Epcot
Day 11 - Weds - MK
Day 12 - Thurs - Hollywood studios
Day 13 - Fri - ? Fave park
Day 14 - Sat - park in morning before heading to airport

If we are tired/hot we will leave parks in afternoon for a rest/pool time and then go back to a park in the evening.

Thanks for your help!
mummybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 17, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds good, you've done well avoiding MK on Mondays...most people tend to arrive on Sunday then head to MK the next day so it's often the most crowded day of the week.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 17, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post

I wouldn't go to MK on Sunday either, it's very busy. I would do AK, Epcot, MK on Tuesday for first three days.

Also I would never have considered a waterpark as a rest day. It is still dealing with the buses, queuing for rides etc. I would try to build in proper rest days, by the pool or our rest day was the spa but that doesn't sent wrk so well with children.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 17, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Good start to plan.
I see you have 2 days in each main Disney park
I think you need more like
MK 2.5-3 , Ep 2 , AK 1.5 , HS 1
Waterparks are fine as rest days , though you may want 3 rather than 2
Make sure you plan for when you are going to do the evening shows / fireworks ( suggest week 2 when used to the time difference )
First plan written by a woman not to have any shopping in
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 08:28 AM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 17, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mummybear
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Good start to plan.
I see you have 2 days in each main Disney park
I think you need more like
MK 2.5-3 , Ep 2 , AK 1.5 , HS 1
Waterparks are fine as rest days , though you may want 3 rather than 2
Make sure you plan for when you are going to do the evening shows / fireworks ( suggest week 2 when used to the time difference )
First plan written by a woman not to have any shopping in
Fab! Thanks for your advice! Will reduce HS to one day and maybe change it to a waterpark. Although I have a park each day we may leave if tired/too hot and that could reduce time in a park to less than a day.

Im completely lost as to booking fireworks/shows and ADR's! Will aim for second week for late evening things though, great advice!

No shopping for us! This holiday is totally for the parks!

Thanks again
mummybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Luke Jaywalker
slightly serious Dibber

I always plan using the crowd calendars , open three tabs on my P.C and compare Thedibb crowd calendar, undercover tourist crowd calendar and touring plans crowd calender . My personal favourite is undercover tourist one
Old 4 Sep 17, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We go to a park our first evening to try to adjust to the time but we avoid MK, too busy for a first night. HS is a more relaxing park for first night, depending on what time it closes of course.

We don't plan a designated rest day, but count a waterpark day as a rest day. Also if we start to tire as the holiday goes on we leave the park mid-afternoon and rest then at our resort. So we aim to get our first 3 fast passes booked by 2 at the latest so we can either book more or return for a rest.

We always plan 2 days per park if time allows, we love HS and find we can fill 2 days there even though others disagree on this. If we have spare time, we add an extra evening or day in MK and an extra evening around World Showcase in Epcot.

We never have a shopping day on a Disney holiday either, too busy having fun in the parks (and i am the woman behind our planning too Buryboy 😀 ).
We did visit Florida Mall on our Universal trip this year though 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 17, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
i_am_armo
Apprentice Imagineer

We like to get Universal out of the way at the beginning of the holiday so we can focus on Disney.
BuryBoy looks about right at MK 2.5-3 , Ep 2 , AK 1.5 , HS 1 although Epcot can be done in an afternoon if you get the fast passes correct plus an evening for a meal if on a dining plan.
Water parks aren't rest days, steps, stairs walking and walking they are usually tiring tbh.
We always finish with MK for fireworks on the last night too so half day around 2pm, do some rides and watch parade finishing with a hot dog and then fireworks - always memorable to finish with wishes imo.

Although all best plans can be changed the main thing is enjoy yourself just follow a plan as a guide not as a have to do it this way list.

i_am_armo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List