Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Oct 18, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

So even on the day we go to the Studios Park we have to go to Cafe Hyperion in the other park to pick up our breakfast?

Brief thread hijack, but on same theme - I can’t function first thing without a coffee. What’s the coffee like from the Hotel Sequoia vending machine, or can we buy one elsewhere in the hotel?
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by AhoyShipmates View Post
So even on the day we go to the Studios Park we have to go to Cafe Hyperion in the other park to pick up our breakfast?

Brief thread hijack, but on same theme - I can’t function first thing without a coffee. What’s the coffee like from the Hotel Sequoia vending machine, or can we buy one elsewhere in the hotel?
I have to have a cup of tea immediately on getting up ! I am taking a travel kettle with me and a pack of takeaway cups from the pound shop.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I have to have a cup of tea immediately on getting up ! I am taking a travel kettle with me and a pack of takeaway cups from the pound shop.
Hmm, suppose I could get a plastic filter and kettle, but it seems a faff for three nights when I’m going to a land of great coffee. I don’t mind schlepping to the hotel bar in any old thing to get coffees first thing, but this buffet business sounds so rigid I don’t know if it’s even possible.
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We take those Kenco 2 in 1 sachets of coffee with milk in. Very easy. And a couple of mugs and a spoon.

Kettles are available from reception if there isn’t one in your room already.

I don’t remember seeing a vending machine in SL.

They have only ever done the full version of the grab and go breakfast (with the omelette burger) in one place at a time.

However, there have previously been other places to get the smaller version (hot drink, pastry, juice). These have included your hotel bar or Starbucks at the hotel; New York Style Sandwiches in the Village; Market House Deli on Main Street.

I don’t know if any of those are still doing it. I plan to pop in and ask when I am there.

Also taking some breakfast bars and snacks anyway.

Edited at 08:24 AM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’m a fusspot about coffee 🙂

I loved walking along the water in the morning half-dark at Caribbean Beach to get coffees in our resort cups. One of my most vivid memories from a slightly blurry busy fortnight.

Thanks for the info about the breakfast, I hope it’s still the same when we go in December.
Old 18 Oct 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
stefinscotland
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by AhoyShipmates View Post

I couldnt find any vending machines in sequoia lodge
Disney, Bahama Cruise and New York 2017
DLP 2018, Villa 2019, Villa 2023
stefinscotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
stefinscotland
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
It's not school holidays for my niece, I took her out of school, it's half term next week for her. I know some schools are off though, so you're probably right. X
My kids been off this week and last week and I know a good few people from my area who have been this past week
Disney, Bahama Cruise and New York 2017
DLP 2018, Villa 2019, Villa 2023
stefinscotland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Regarding vending machines in Sequoia Lodge, there were some when I went last March.

This trip that I've just returned from, I stayed at Santa Fe, and they actually told me on check in that you can get 2 free hot drinks a day from the vending machine, and told me which block the machine was in. I've never been told before. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
vickisocks
Having Dinner with Goofy

We stayed at SL in Feb and we had free drinks from the vending machine too. It was in a foyer area, at the back of the main hotel just past the pool area x not the best description for where it is but gives you an idea x
Vicki x
vickisocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Back today. Stopped at Hotel New York. Free hot counter service breakfast available in Cafe Hyperion in main Disney park. You could have a breakfast at New York Style Sandwichs in Disney village. This worked well for us as you could choose to eat in or take away. We chose to take away as they opened just before 8 so collected breakfast and had relaxing walk to park ready for opening. For breakfast you got a choice of hot drink, a choice of cold drink, croissant and 9" baguette. Butter and knives were provided and you could pick up a jam. We tended to have croissant and hot drink first. Then save baguette and cold drink for later in the morning. All came in brown paper bag with hot drinks in cup holder.
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List