Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Dec 13, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've seen it all now!

We got back from our little pre-christmas jaunt last night and I've come to the conclusion that other 'Europeans' are just brought up differently to us (well, certainly me. )
They seem to have no peripheral vision whatsoever and just keep walking in whatever straight line they started on regardless whether there's someone in that straight line! :angry:
That's annoying enough but nothing compares to Thursday evening whilst sitting in Starbucks and the Mother with the small baby on the next table whips out the nappies and proceeds to change the pooey bottom slap bang in the middle of the table! What is the matter with these people?

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 13, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Yuck! That is truly disgusting and a health hazard too.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 13, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Whitequeen View Post
That's annoying enough but nothing compares to Thursday evening whilst sitting in Starbucks and the Mother with the small baby on the next table whips out the nappies and proceeds to change the pooey bottom slap bang in the middle of the table! What is the matter with these people?
YUCK...but to be fair, plenty of yuck to go around - this same thing happened to me in Stevenage yesterday (Westgate Centre). I tried to tell the "lady" where the nearest baby-changing table was...but she "didn't want her food to get cold".
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 13, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

OMG
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 13, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
louvb
VIP Dibber

Urgh... 😷
louvb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 13, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I know breast feeding is natural and all that but when you are in Burger king on a busy saturday and you are aged 16, and you are with your aunt and the woman sitting very close to you on the next table decides to breast feed, and making no attempt to cover up - I can honestly say i have never felt so shy or embarrassed in my life, I look back now and giggle but some people really do have a different perspective on things.

I remember watching a Doc on Gatwick Airport and they had CCTV of a man taking a poo in a bin in the middle of the terminal!

Its not just an European thing!
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 13, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I know breast feeding is natural and all that but when you are in Burger king on a busy saturday and you are aged 16, and you are with your aunt and the woman sitting very close to you on the next table decides to breast feed, and making no attempt to cover up - I can honestly say i have never felt so shy or embarrassed in my life, I look back now and giggle but some people really do have a different perspective on things.

I remember watching a Doc on Gatwick Airport and they had CCTV of a man taking a poo in a bin in the middle of the terminal!

Its not just an European thing!

while in seaworld this year watching the shamu show a lady came in sat down in the row in front whopped her breast out and began feeding her baby, my 14 year old sons eyes nearly popped out of his head when she had finished she upped and left! I'm all for breast feeding but some dignity should be used.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 13, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I have no problem with people breast feeding. It isn't a health hazard. But changing nappies should not be done where people are eating! Ewww.

As for the 'personal space' thing, we Brits are the odd ones out. My French friend walks so close to me sometimes that ... well, let's just say things touch which Brits don't feel comfortable with! Most nationalities get much closer to each other in queues and public places than we do.

The 'pretend you have automatic right of way, look straight ahead, barge past and don't say sorry' technique is the norm in any big city. I see it in London every day, and have noticed it in Madrid, Paris, Berlin and Brussels too. It's a fairly standard survival technique in crowded areas!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 13, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread