Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Sep 16, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We had booked for Nov this year but have already transferred the booking to Sep 2017 - so hopefully breakfast will still be included for us. I predict the Santa Fe dining room will be a lot quieter for breakfast!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Day-Dreamer View Post
This sounds quite bizarre on so many levels. It's all very well suggesting Starbucks, Earl etc but the queues there are already significant let alone with the addition of X 100s of additional onsite guests. Seating capacity is also quite limited. I'm failing to see any logic.
The logic pure and simple is to make money! I still think the key to this is local guests as often other than AP purchases for peanuts, many don't spend anything in the parks or Village. They need to change the conditions of this in my opinion. They probably make up the majority of visitor numbers too!

Clearly they have the figures for the outlay of breakfast and feel it's a significant saving to be had by not providing it! However as a pp said, how on earth they are going to manage this I don't know - not everyone is going to prebook their breakfast so they'll surely need to have a quota of food for turn ups? Or maybe you will have to prebook, no walk ups?

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

We've decided to hold off booking despite the fact this is coming. For 4 days we can manage (we'll use Salon Mickey where poss too), although it's a shame as I'll really miss the special time at DLH breakfast!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Our last 2 trips, Salon Mickey has been a cookie not a pastry. And it doesn't open till 9.30 which is too late for my breakfast!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Our last 2 trips, Salon Mickey has been a cookie not a pastry. And it doesn't open till 9.30 which is too late for my breakfast!
We normally have breakfast after EMH. Not every day, but most so not an issue for us. I just take a piece of fruit and breakfast biscuit for the kids to tide them over.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by plutofan1 View Post
I've just had a look at booking for next year and it says breakfast included except for Davy Crockett
That's direct on the Disneyland Paris website
I read the article to mean if you make the booking after 13th October 2016 then breakfast isn't included. If you make the booking before then, breakfast is included. I booked in June for my trip in September next year.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
I agree with Dav. I do think it's more problematic for DLH guests than other hotels who essentially pass through the village anyway. Unless they start offering other QS options in the park at EMH.

As for not increasing room rates - prices are much higher next year. So they've taken something away but certainly not reduced prices - they've increased them quite a bit!

I think it's out of order to charge around £200-400 per night at a hotel and not include breakfast. Especially in Europe where it's more accepted as the norm. Yes, the option to stay at another resort is available of course.

Agree with a pp about fridges etc. You can manage a lot better at WDW say for breakfast from your room. DLRP has never been kitted up for this - many rooms don't even have a kettle. Their answer to that - it's a European thing - yes, just like providing breakfast lol.

I really do think DLRP is just getting too expensive. They will out price the average family before long.

And yes, they answer to their shareholders. But the tide is turning and it ain't because they are answering to their small fry shareholders (like myself), it's because TWDC is the majority shareholder and they've bailed them out - it's time for a return!

The park is looking fantastic - from photos I've seen, better than it has done in years. There's been a lot of investment in the refurb. I get the money needs to be recouped from somewhere!

I do think this is the start of a major shake up at DLRP though.

I am interested to see the AP increases this year. I think the locals will be hit heavily in the pocket if they want to keep their APs...
Why is it more problematic for DLH guests - it's only a couple of minutes walk to Disney Village from DLH.

Edited at 08:57 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Why is it more problematic for DLH guests - it's only a couple of minutes walk to Disney Village from DLH.
But it's in the wrong direction. You book Dlh to be at the gates of the park. I wouldn't be walking away from the park to get breakfast. Might as well stay in HNY.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We had booked for Nov this year but have already transferred the booking to Sep 2017 - so hopefully breakfast will still be included for us. I predict the Santa Fe dining room will be a lot quieter for breakfast!
too right - I wouldnt pay any more than 5 euros for a Santa Fe breakfast!

I also wouldn't walk in the opposite direction to the parks to get breakfast, if staying at the DLH.

Edited at 09:08 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 16, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
But it's in the wrong direction. You book Dlh to be at the gates of the park. I wouldn't be walking away from the park to get breakfast. Might as well stay in HNY.
I still don't see the problem though. If it was say half an hour walk I'd understand but not 2 or 3 minutes. I guess it all depends on what people want out of a trip to DLP, hotel etc. I stay at Sequoia Lodge as I love the SL theming and the walk around the lake to the parks is lovely and really sets me up for the day :-)

Edited at 09:14 PM.
Old 24 Sep 16, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Google maps says 7 minutes to Starbucks, I think it would take me 10. Plus security in each direction.

I don't mind the walk from the Cheyenne but if I was paying for the Disneyland hotel it would be for the location. If I have to walk to the Disney Village I might as well save my money and stay at the Sequoia or New York.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread