Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Feb 18, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Celebrating a birthday one week early

We’re celebrating my daughter’s birthday one week early, as she will be away on a junior school trip on her actual birthday. (The trip is from Friday-Monday and her birthday is Saturday.) I was so looking forward to her having a Saturday birthday and spending all day with her this year, and now we don’t get to see her or speak to her at all

So, we’re celebrating a week early instead. And of course, there was nothing for it but to book Disneyland for it! I really want to make her pretend birthday as amazing and authentic as possible, so we’ll take cards and gifts, have balloons for the room, and I’d like her to have a birthday badge, and maybe a call from Mickey.

Do you think they’ll let her have a badge, even though it’s a week before her actual birthday? Is it best to ask at the hotel at check in, or to queue at City Hall? I’ve heard of people doing both, but I don’t know how it works. It was my birthday the day we first arrived at DLP, but I didn’t know about any of it, so have never done this.

p.s. We’re not planning to ignore her actual birthday, just in case my plan sounds awful. I am going to ask her teacher if they’ll bend the rules and let me call her, but not sure what they’ll say, as the rule is there to stop the children feeling homesick. We’re also not supposed to send any little letters / surprises for the same reason, but I’m hopeful they’ll let me send a few little cards and gifts for her to open.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I was there with my girlfriend last year. We asked for a badge in the City Hall and had a birthday cake for dinner. It was her actual birthday, but nobody asked for it. The badge is nothing special and for the cake you pay anyway, so I don't see a point why they should refuse, even if they would know it's not your daughter's birthday.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Of course. Disney let you celebrate anything whenever you like. They don’t ask for any proof.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
pvbmb01
Imagineer

pvbmb01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We celebrated our wedding/ honeymoon 5 years after we got married at WDW ... nobody asked us for proof or anything ... you'll be fine ... she's having an un-birthday ... xx
Old 17 Feb 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

no-one will ask for proof, or be remotely bothered that it isn't her actual birthday on her trip. She can get her badge and her birthday Mickey phone call at Guest Services .

We did a March trip one year and celebrated my DD (April birthday) and niece (May birthday) there, I bought birthday sashes for them and they wore them to the parks instead of the birthday sticker you got at the time at Guest Services.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pvbmb01 View Post
We celebrated our wedding/ honeymoon 5 years after we got married at WDW ... nobody asked us for proof or anything ... you'll be fine ... she's having an un-birthday ... xx
Ooh, an un-birthday! That’s exactly what we need to call it!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 18, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Thanks all, we’ll definitely get her a badge and maybe see about taking our own giant badge / sash with us, unless turning 11 makes her too cool for all that!