Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Of course. We fly out Monday 4th April as cheaper than the Sat/Sun, Glasgow to LA via Heathrow with BA getting in to LA at 1305.

Coming back 14th April 2125 flight from LA and will get back to Glasgow at 1925 on the 15th.

Fly drive group D car Avis total £2024 with £150 deposit. 2 adults and 1 child age 13.

Would like longer but feel that's long enough with our pup at my mums plus flight times good for some extra time too.
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

On our three cancellations, we invariably ended up on American Airlines or BA.
First into SFO and out of Vancouver was BA. Easter 2020.
Second was into Phoenix and out of SFO in August of 2020.. American Airlines.
Third was into SFO and out of Vegas in August of 2021.. BA.

Two were codeshare AA/BA with BA one way and AA the other. Top price on any with Hold baggage, but no other upgrades and pre seat selections was around £540pp average with one of the four of us not paying APD. Lowest was just over £500pp. All were directs throughout. I book cars and regional flights separately. I like to fly midweek.

Hope that helps you, Bozza.

Edited at 02:55 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by dannigizmo View Post
Of course. We fly out Monday 4th April as cheaper than the Sat/Sun, Glasgow to LA via Heathrow with BA getting in to LA at 1305.

Coming back 14th April 2125 flight from LA and will get back to Glasgow at 1925 on the 15th.

Fly drive group D car Avis total £2024 with £150 deposit. 2 adults and 1 child age 13.

Would like longer but feel that's long enough with our pup at my mums plus flight times good for some extra time too.
Sounds good - I'll go hunting later!

10 days will be fine - you can get a lot in.

It's often been asked on here about going to the west coast for a week, and I'd certainly not hesitate to do it. The flight time isn't actually much longer than going to Florida, and we regularly go there for just a half-term week. It's the timezone difference that could be the main issue but we've always adjusted pretty quickly.

Happy planning!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

Stunning!
I wish they’d bring back Soarin over California, I much preferred it.
vegboatride is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Hope you find a good deal!

Ano I have done Orlando 4 times for a week and NY for 5 days and have always said it is still the best and wouldnt hesitate going for a week anywhere tbh, apart from Australia lol.
We cope well with time difference just know Cali just that little longer. Sure we will be fine.

Think be a lovely opener to exploring California but wont do too much just plan couple nights LA, San Diego will be there the longest time then last few nights at Anaheim via a overnighter at Joshua Tree. That is the plan so far for right now sure will change though am pretty happy with the hotels have booked and prices for same, think whole holiday is coming in at just over £3000 at the moment for flights, hotel and car.

If a do get my solo trip in late Nov to Orlando might only do a 1 day for Disney and do another state park, we will see!

Borders have to be open by then!
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

In fact I have just noticed Bozza you booked for Feb half term so if I dont get in Nov i might move to Feb and join u for my solo trip since your solo trip report was the one that inspired me

Wanted to see the xmas decs as never been at xmas but a think at this moment in time any time at my favourite place is a win!
Old 15 Sep 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Love California and would pick it over Florida almost always now.

All of you going - have a fabulous time!
Old 15 Sep 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Hope you find a good deal!

Ano I have done Orlando 4 times for a week and NY for 5 days and have always said it is still the best and wouldnt hesitate going for a week anywhere tbh, apart from Australia lol.
We cope well with time difference just know Cali just that little longer. Sure we will be fine.

Think be a lovely opener to exploring California but wont do too much just plan couple nights LA, San Diego will be there the longest time then last few nights at Anaheim via a overnighter at Joshua Tree. That is the plan so far for right now sure will change though am pretty happy with the hotels have booked and prices for same, think whole holiday is coming in at just over £3000 at the moment for flights, hotel and car.

If a do get my solo trip in late Nov to Orlando might only do a 1 day for Disney and do another state park, we will see!

Borders have to be open by then!
I can see some quite decent Virgin fares to SFO over Easter.

I need to get a dog-sitter booked PDQ and then I'll get onto the flights!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
In fact I have just noticed Bozza you booked for Feb half term so if I dont get in Nov i might move to Feb and join u for my solo trip since your solo trip report was the one that inspired me

Wanted to see the xmas decs as never been at xmas but a think at this moment in time any time at my favourite place is a win!
Ah, really? You'll have a blast. It feels quite decadent to be able to do what you want when you want to do it, and not have to try to balance competing needs.

It's not better than a family holiday, just different.

I'll confess I have been harbouring the desire to head off solo again myself when we're allowed in again, although I'm not sure how the family would respond to me delivering that news!

Part One
Part Two
Old 15 Sep 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Love it!, next summer hopefully🤞
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List