Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Sep 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thanks for all your advice .
It’s exactly what I expected you to say so glad it matches my own thoughts

The issue now is convincing my mum who seems so pleased to have received the offer , and because the ‘ buyers’ are nice people she is thinking off taking off the market once her notice period with the agent runs out

Makes no sense to me . Got to try to convince her otherwise . The daft thing is that she hasn’t viewed any houses herself ( she is moving location so not easy anyway ) because she felt it was pointless as she wasn’t in a position to buy !

But now it’s the other way round she seems to have a loyalty to them .

Wish me luck . She is just too nice but could still be sat there in 6 months with no progress whatsoever if she takes off the market .
She seems to think the other house will sell straight away despite hers not doing so , And even then there would likely be a chain at the purchasers end

To me if they are that keen , then knowing they might lose it will push them to sell theirs quicker and there is no real downside ( other than disappointing some people she had never met before)
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
When we put ours in the market a couple of years ago we had found a house we wanted but the estate agents wouldn’t even present the sellers with our offer until we had sold ours which was fair enough.
We did sell fairly quickly, our offer was accepted and then the people we were buying from took their house off the market- we couldn’t find another house we liked so had to pull ours off too. It’s such a stressful situation for everyone.

I wouldn’t accept a non proceedable offer- keep the house on the market.
I didn’t think E A’s were allowed to withhold any offers even if they were silly ones! We have a whole bundle of letters from our EA last year with each offer made even when they knew we would reject it and after they had told us verbally. Did you manage to move in the end?
Old 26 Sep 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Thanks for all your advice .
It’s exactly what I expected you to say so glad it matches my own thoughts

The issue now is convincing my mum who seems so pleased to have received the offer , and because the ‘ buyers’ are nice people she is thinking off taking off the market once her notice period with the agent runs out

Makes no sense to me . Got to try to convince her otherwise . The daft thing is that she hasn’t viewed any houses herself ( she is moving location so not easy anyway ) because she felt it was pointless as she wasn’t in a position to buy !

But now it’s the other way round she seems to have a loyalty to them .

Wish me luck . She is just too nice but could still be sat there in 6 months with no progress whatsoever if she takes off the market .
She seems to think the other house will sell straight away despite hers not doing so , And even then there would likely be a chain at the purchasers end

To me if they are that keen , then knowing they might lose it will push them to sell theirs quicker and there is no real downside ( other than disappointing some people she had never met before)
MIL was the same, she did eventually sell to the people but it took over 9 months! She went on the market about 3 months before us, sold to 2nd people who offered but had been economical with truth on their positions (why do people do this? ). And finally moved out after we moved in here in November. Luckily she was moving closer to dsil and moved in with her until she found her own house just after Christmas.

Can your mum move in with you or other family to break the chain?
Old 26 Sep 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I sold mine 18 months ago, my buyer didn't have hers on the market when she offered. I was told to 'accept it subject to theirs selling' so basically it would stay on the market and I could accept another offer if the other person was sold/under offer. I was lucky though as their house went under offer within 48 hours of being up with the agent.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Can your mum move in with you or other family to break the chain?
That’s exactly what the plan is to help on that side of the chain
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
I didn’t think E A’s were allowed to withhold any offers even if they were silly ones! We have a whole bundle of letters from our EA last year with each offer made even when they knew we would reject it and after they had told us verbally. Did you manage to move in the end?
The EA said it wasn’t an offer as we weren’t in a position to proceed.

No we didn’t move- one of our major reasons for moving was our next door neighbours who saw our house on the market- decided to sell theirs- our 2nd lot of buyers bought there’s instead and they are lovely so we are staying out for now.
Old 27 Sep 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Good news .
The ‘ buyer’ has been round today .
Still a lovely couple and keen to move in by Xmas but they suggested themselves that their Hope was mum didn’t get a cash buyer in the meantime - so they understand it needs to stay on the market
Mum still is desperate for them to buy it but hopefully at least now will allow further prospective buyers to view it
Old 27 Sep 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Ive just bought a house for my son. It was in the road next to mine and I really wanted it. I called up and the agent said it was under offer but the buyers still had to sell. I explained I was high deposit / mortgage agreed in principle. She called the sellers (probate house ) who wanted quick sale. They let me look. I offered and it was accepted and just 9 weeks later ( last week ) I got the keys. Excellent bargain

If I was you Id keep it on the market as someone who has not sold, is not really a “buyer” just yet