Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Apr 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ND31
A Guest at All-Stars

I saw a message on Twitter from Eurostar saying they are providing tickets for the RER for their rerouted customers. I haven't heard that all direct trains are going to be sent to Paris instead, so maybe it won't affect you anyway. The RER is easy, a bit like using the tube, and I'm sure people will muck in and help if they see someone struggling with kids and luggage, I know I would. All we can do is wait and watch and hope for the best.
ND31 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daaaveee View Post
Possibly but then it depends on which one of those are affected.

We will have to wait and see what Eurostar say about Monday first.

As it stands it looks like we'll have an hour or so longer each end of the journey, RER tickets to pay for and later tickets to pay for from London, plus the faff of the extra train swaps with baby and luggage
It's so annoying having to wait, we don't go till June and both journeys are strike days, we are 2 adults and a 3 year old, I don't want to be changing trains!

They might let you get an earlier train. They are paying for the RER, you have to go to the Disney Express Desk in the station by 4pm and collect tickets.

You can also wait and see, speak to Eurostar if they will pay for a taxi for you, I've seen some people saying they will do, you'll obviously need to send them a receipt

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m still waiting to hear about Monday. We are going on the indirect train via Lille. Until train is officially cancelled they won’t let us swap to a Paris one. Hopefully find out soon!
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ND31
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
I’m still waiting to hear about Monday. We are going on the indirect train via Lille. Until train is officially cancelled they won’t let us swap to a Paris one. Hopefully find out soon!
You should hear by Friday at the latest as the next strike starts on Sunday. If I were you I would keep checking the website from Thursday onwards rather than waiting for them to ring round or email everyone. If yours is cancelled and there are spaces left on Paris trains I would want to be first in the queue. Let us know how you get on and good luck.
Old 4 Apr 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
daaaveee
Excited about Disney

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting further information, very useful to know.

Eurostar have made a small update on their website about the 8th and 9th:

We are currently expecting to run 80% of our services on Sunday 08/04 and Monday 09/04.

Further information and a full list of cancelled services for these two dates will be published here as soon as it is available.

If you have a booking for either of these two dates, please make sure to download your tickets as soon as possible. When retrieving your tickets online, you will be asked for contact details, we use these to inform you by email/SMS of anything affecting your journey including strike developments.
daaaveee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Hope it works out OK for everyone.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Also not going til June but still worrying...
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I am annoyed with eurostar.

Just spoke to them over live chat regarding my solo trip which I travel on 2 of the strike days in May.

I asked about changing the holiday totally or getting a refund for the train.

They swerved both questions and told me to I would get no update until 1 week before - which is madness especially as I booked direct for my solo trip to avoid changing trains

They did not seem bothered about the money I would lose if cancelled hotel at that short notice .

Sorry to rant
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wombat girl View Post
I am annoyed with eurostar.

Just spoke to them over live chat regarding my solo trip which I travel on 2 of the strike days in May.

I asked about changing the holiday totally or getting a refund for the train.

They swerved both questions and told me to I would get no update until 1 week before - which is madness especially as I booked direct for my solo trip to avoid changing trains

They did not seem bothered about the money I would lose if cancelled hotel at that short notice .

Sorry to rant
They aren't being very helpful at all! Whatever you ask, they just tell you to keep checking the website for updates. I've heard that all the direct trains will be going to Paris. My June trip is on strike days and I want a refund now so I can book the tunnel instead, but they won't do that, it's so annoying

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ND31
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by LufcDeb View Post
They aren't being very helpful at all! Whatever you ask, they just tell you to keep checking the website for updates. I've heard that all the direct trains will be going to Paris. My June trip is on strike days and I want a refund now so I can book the tunnel instead, but they won't do that, it's so annoying
In Eurostar's defense they only get the strike confirmed a few days beforehand themselves so can't give us the assurances we want. They are busy trying to sort the people who definitely need to be rearranged during the next few days, those travelling in 2 months time when the strike may be over aren't the priority right now. I travel mid May on a strike day and am concerned and frustrated but Eurostar aren't the ones striking and they don't have a crystal ball to see the future. I just hope that everyone whose train is cancelled on Sunday and Monday manage to get onto another one. Good luck to everyone affected.