Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile Realistic budget for school holiday direct flights August 2019

Hi we are looking to fly out for around 3 weeks next august. Our flights have to be in school holidays as husband is a teacher but other than that we are pretty flexible as to when in August our 3 weeks fall and could go for slightly longer or shorter if the price was right.

I was budgeting around £2500 for direct flights only for 2 adults a child (2yrs old) and an infant on lap (1yr old) but now worrying I haven't budgeted enough. We have scope to go up to £3000 if really necessary.

Also when is the best time to book for direct August flights?

Thanks
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
All at sea
Trying for More Ears

Hello, I’m in the same boat husband is a teacher. We go 7th Aug - 1st Sept this year, 2 adults and a 14year old. We paid £2200 and that’s direct there and indirect back. We fly from Manchester, Virgin both ways via Boston on the way back. I booked Sept last year.

Good luck

Edited at 10:28 PM.
All at sea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

I think you need to wait until Sept when BA and Virgin release their flights. Set up alerts on skyscanner etc and check regularly. See how the prices move. But if you are comfortable at £2,500, if/when the price dips below that book it. I'm sure that come September there will be a thread where the best deals dibbers find for Aug 19 will get posted.

I think you will find flights for under that £2,500 mark. You could book today for August 18 direct for less than £800pp (quick look on skyscanner).
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Keep an eye out on BA sales. £734 pp during school holidays with accommodation for 2 weeks. July though
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

We are also stuck with school holidays as 3 of us are teachers. We managed to get Thomas Cook flights, direct from Manchester, premium economy, £1000 per person. We booked last April for this July 21st. we are 4 adults, 2 children aged 2 and 5 years old, so had to pay full price for us all So you should easily get economy for less than that price, but you have to be prepared to search and keep an eye on prices, then book when you see a price that you are happy with. What we pay may not be what others are willing to pay, but we are happy with it. We kept an eye on the price daily and played around with days
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by anneeb View Post
We are also stuck with school holidays as 3 of us are teachers. We managed to get Thomas Cook flights, direct from Manchester, premium economy, £1000 per person. We booked last April for this July 21st. we are 4 adults, 2 children aged 2 and 5 years old, so had to pay full price for us all So you should easily get economy for less than that price, but you have to be prepared to search and keep an eye on prices, then book when you see a price that you are happy with. What we pay may not be what others are willing to pay, but we are happy with it. We kept an eye on the price daily and played around with days
It's a brilliant job but it doesn't half interfere with cost effective holidays, does it?
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wee_Red View Post
It's a brilliant job but it doesn't half interfere with cost effective holidays, does it?
It's a pain, last Easter was great as we were both off at the same time and our weeks weren't fully in line with airline price hike
Summer is always expensive, what is annoying is when people say "I wouldn't pay that price, go such a date before school holidays" Yes I would if it didn't mean me losing my job.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks everyone! I would consider indirect for the right price but with 2 little people would prefer direct
Old 24 Apr 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m a teacher too. I’ve paid 2149 for an indirect flydrive (1stop). 2 adults, a teen and a child with upgraded car hire. July 24th - 16th Aug.

I always book my flights at the release date for cheapest prices.
Old 24 Apr 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Check for direct flights to Tampa too. That is not much of a drive so worth considering

But best thing will be to wait till sept and this board will have loads of others also hunting for the best deals.
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List