Notices

Old 27 Mar 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

The Big Run Disney Trip - Day 3 Will We Survive Princess 2017 Expo?!

Hi everyone so here we are on Day 3 of our trip and it was time for Expo day!

Today we as always had a plan and due to horror stories of last years Princess expo where fights broke out over wine glasses 😳 we decided to not wait for the official buses to start taking us to the Expo and instead booked an Uber.

We were up dressed selfie done and out the door for our 8am Uber this worked out really well and the driver was so nice but well but read on for our full review of Uber's in Orlando!

Anyway we grabbed some cereal in the room and chucked a cereal bar in our bag for the impending queue.

Arrived at ESPN in no time and got some standard photos with all the princess medal signage.

I'm sure if I remember correctly the expo officially opens at 10am but we wanted to be there earlier to head to the queue and wait for those doors to open. The queue was already pretty big by the time we arrived but it was a beautiful sunny day and it was nice sitting waiting in the sun watching the cheesiest dj in the world try to rev up at party at 9am!

Queuing!

Kirsty had some friends she met on a running Facebook page who messaged to say they were in the queue so I held the spot while she popped over to find them. Kirsty wasn't long back when they opened the doors and let us in at 9:30am we were so excited.

We both had things we wanted to get mine was a pretty simple Christmas decoration and maybe a running 10K finishers top luckily they were letting us straight into the run Disney merch so no more extra queuing!

Kirsty got these gorgeous tops but I don't have a picture of my decoration but I ended up with 2 the princess 2017 one and the official run Disney one they are shaped like trainers I love them. Granted one women was blocking the whole stand while sweeping racks of them into a basket so once I'd climbed over that I got mine 🙄

I think all of kirsty purchases where fight free! While paying there was a lady next to us with $1000 rung up and another 3 baskets still to go 😳

Anyway crazy shopping done and we survived no fist fights! It was time for meeting up with Kirsty's friends and packet pick up!

Got our packets and numbers and then spotted that they had some of the new beauty and the beast movie costumes out on display! Kirsty was very excited to "meet the rose" 😂

Clothing items met it was time for the next part of our day and outlet shopping! So we booked another Uber and waited in the now glorious sunshine for it.

At this point we noticed on the uber app that our driver was listening to 80s love tunes, so we may have already been a bit concerned, this only got better or worse depends how you look at it when we got in. On route to the outlets and suddenly Lady in Red came on I think we both lost it and turned into giggling fools you would think we had peaked but oh no our taxi driver who hadn't spoken once to us suddenly then starts singing along! Unbelievable funny and so very random.

Lots of shopping done with some impressive bath and body works haul for us and a few bits in the Disney outlet. I visited the Vineland outlets lots during my last trip and I do think it's much better than the this international drive outlet.

When we were shopped out we grabbed another uber and headed home this was even more scary as our driver seems rather angry and at one point he made a call to a guy and had a rather angry phone call with some guy. We may have thought we were in danger and took this photo for evidence.

Luckily we survived our uber trip and decided some glow in the dark drinks where needed! So drinks bought and a double quick service giant pizza was ordered.

Back to the room for cocktails and pizza in bed to get ready for tomorrow's early start at Animal Kingdom and our Tusker House breakfast!

gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by gtyrel10 - 27 Mar 17 9:22 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Meeting the rose was the best part! No line, no difficult conversation (or mime...) and the colours look amazing in our photos!

#wesurvivedprincess2017
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Glad you got your decorations, sounds a bit wild at the Expo.
Old 28 Mar 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Your vacation sounds so much fun! Expo looks fab but very busy - any hints for when I am there? Is getting there early a must?
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I would defiinately recommend getting there early (before it opens) if you have your eye on specific rundisney race merch. I'm told that this year nothing really sold out, but in previous years things like Tervis cups/specific tshirts/decals have all done pretty fast so its hard to tell.

In terms of getting your race bib, its a bit of a 2 stop process as you need to pop to one centre to get the pack and then (depending on which race/challenge you are doing) go back over to the merch centre to get the tshirt. This process is pretty simple, just following steps and directions but can take some time as there are lines.

So. In short. I fyou want specific stuff, just grab a cab/drive over to ESPN early and line up. The line was fun and the weather dry so it was a pleasant morning. If there is nothing specific you want, then head up a little later in the day when things are less manic! Either way you will get your race bib
Old 28 Mar 17, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
Thank you! I really want some Disney trainers - did you see any? They look amazing
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post

I have a couple pairs of the Disney New Balance, the red Minnie ones and also the Ariel one's from 2016. I find the New Balance shoes too heavy for my feet, so whilst I love the Haunted Mansion ones they have this year, I couldnt justify the price for shoes that sit unused

However, New Balance at the Expo operate a virtual queue, it opens the night before online (If you google New Balance Disney virtual queue there will be loads of info). YOu sign up for a time slot at the booth to get the shoes/try them on.

Not sure if the stall did on the day Disney shoe appointments - you could go to New Balance and buy tshirts and things, but for the Disney shoes you needed an appointment.
Old 29 Mar 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
wow - thanks for the heads up re shoe appointments - I would not have known to do that! All sounds very organised though... Haven't used New Balance shoes before so hopefully they'll be ok for me... Thanks again
Old 29 Mar 17, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

😳 that all sounds rather full on 😳

Glad you got the merch you wanted though!

Love the 'Uber faces' 🤣
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List