VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Dixonsontour does Disney Oct 2016 - Final Thoughts

Dixonsontour Does Disney

Final Thoughts

Hope you have enjoyed our trip report and dining review again.

We all really enjoyed the trip and it was nice to be back doing just Disney after a break of 3 years from an all Disney holiday .

We find plenty to do on a just Disney trip.

For us the DDP makes a disney trip and I can't imagine doing a disney holiday without it. Eating in all the different places is a big part of the holiday.

We loved AKL, the view from the room was a real highlight.

I was pleased DD was still willing to go on character photos and she enjoyed the rides.

For me the shows and parade are a real highlight. DH enjoyed the food, Epcot and Billy Ocean.

Plans

We have had a lovely run of 7 Octobers in a row.

If you can go October - do. Honestly it is perfect time for a Florida holiday. Great weather and very manageable crowds.

Sadly no more 2 week October half term this year onwards as DD starts secondary school in September.

DH has also started his own business this year (and has met some Dibbers as a result)

We have got a rescue dog in January called Ollie (short for Ollivander). He is a pomeranian cross. Hoping Grandma will have him for holidays but not wanting to push our luck!

Never say never for this year but I think realistically it will be August 2018 for our next trip. I'm working on DH for xmas 2017 but prices are putting him off. DD is pushing for Universal again next time.

Thanks for reading x

EDITED TO SAY NEXT TRIP IS MIAMI/KEYS AUGUST 2017 thanks to bargainous Miami flights

Edited at 10:46 PM.
dixonsontour is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Glad you had a good time. We are going October half term(our half term is quite late doesn't start until 30th oct) I have been worrying a bit about the weather so hopefully it will be ok !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Glad you had a good time. We are going October half term(our half term is quite late doesn't start until 30th oct) I have been worrying a bit about the weather so hopefully it will be ok !
Yes we are Lancs too and seem to be a week later than others. We were 23rd to 5th November in 2016 and weather was fab, i've put the temp each day in my report.

We've always had great weather end October. Like a hot summer day here and virtually no rain. Fine for swimming.
dixonsontour is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Mobile

Another fabulous trip report, thanks so much for sharing 😀
The Bacon's Go Back May 2015
Ramada Gateway & OKW 2017
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by pinktraceb View Post
Another fabulous trip report, thanks so much for sharing 😀
Thank you
Old 18 Apr 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Yes we are Lancs too and seem to be a week later than others. We were 23rd to 5th November in 2016 and weather was fab, i've put the temp each day in my report.

We've always had great weather end October. Like a hot summer day here and virtually no rain. Fine for swimming.
That's good to know especially about the rain ! Always enjoy your trip reports thanks for going to so much trouble. I think I lasted 2 days with mine last time !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
That's good to know especially about the rain ! Always enjoy your trip reports thanks for going to so much trouble. I think I lasted 2 days with mine last time !
I've done trip reports for the last few years, I missed doing our 2013 holiday (just did the food review - priorities!) as we moved house and did regret it. I like looking back on them.
Old 19 Apr 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Ollivander is adorable, such a cool, but very cute name.

Really enjoy reading your reports, lots of insights over how best to tour etc. I hope it's not too long a wait until your next trip. Thank you for sharing!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Haha I love how long it took you to convince DH. I really enjoy your trip report thank you

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for taking the time once again to do a trippie I have really enjoyed reading along

Joan