Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 26 May 17, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Nyc/Washington/Disney

Hi everyone
Well it's now under 30 days till our holiday and I'm starting my trip report now. Ok technically it's a pretrip one but I don't want to do lots of threads - so this will be a continuous one for holiday. Everything's organised I'm getting a tad excited !
I'll introduce myself ... I'm Mrs Dee, there's Mr Dee and the two kids. Dd 13 and ds 8. We did a similar trip two years ago / you know that once in a lifetime holiday never to be repeated 😁. So here we are take 2.
Plans are as follows
- train to Manchester ( booked first class with transpennine although having read up it's not as posh as I'd thought haha - never mind wider seats will be comfier !).
- stay in Crown plaza overnight. We've booked dinner bed n brekkie and hope to eat in the Irish bar. Knowing the kids - I think the food here will suit them better!
Next morning we are headed to fly to jfk with Thomas Cook. We've prebooked seats and have priority too although not sure how this will work and if it's as good as made out to be. We fly in around 1pm I think and unlike last time I haven't prebooked a transfer. We are planning to get a yellow cab this time. Staying on this occasion at the Hampton inn 35th street - really hoping it's ok as we loved New Yorker on our last two visits. The prices were truly ridiculous this time so we decided to find a hotel with brekkie and the Hampton Inns seem to have a good write up. We actually had a friend stay there in November and it sounds perfect for our needs. We also like that area so feel happy about our choice !

We are there five nights/ six days and in day three we have booked train tickets to go to Washington DC for the day. We were in two minds about doing this. Three hours on 7am train gets us there at 10am and the 6pm train gets us back at 9pm. It'll be a longgggg day but having looked at google maps - everything we want to see is within a couple of miles of union station. Hope it all works out

Day four is the Gossip girl tour with my DD whilst dh and ds do something together at Central Park.

We will buy the explorer pass this time I think - it's working out that we are saving quite a bit against on the door costs. This will be a first using a pass. We will do lots of things we've done before and enjoyed like TOTR/ Brooklyn bridge/ Central Park hire a boat/ shopping/ World trade centre/ visiting the memorial ( obviously this isn't enjoyable but I like to pay my respects ).
New things this trip are - the high line, intrepid museum, circle line landmark cruise / Empire State / Gossip girl tour / Chelsea markets/ 9/11 museum
We won't do these things that we've done before - staten island cruise / SOL visit / little Italy/ Chinatown

Following our New York visit we fly with JetBlue from La Guardia down to Orlando for ten nights at POFQ. We flew with them before and they were fab. I dibbed from the plane .
Last time in Florida we did pofq and then three nights at Universal Loews Pacific. Although amazing it was quite a full on holiday. This time we asked the kids to choose Disney or universal/Int Drive and they both screamed DISSSNEEEYYYYYYYYYY

So that's it for now dibbers - plan is to chill and just enjoy Disney this time - I love the bubble

I don't want to talk about this part - after ten days we fly home to Glasgow ! We hated the drive home from Manchester last time so this should be so much better - great to do it this way and you have these options when you book everything DIY X

Edited at 01:12 AM.
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ccleveley
Serious Dibber

ccleveley's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looking forward to your trip report- we are planning the same holiday for next year!
ccleveley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds fab, similar to our honeymoon trip so looking forward to reading along x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm in! looking forward to this. Hope you have a wonderful trip

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Can I ask how you booked your International flights? When I look at say Man-JFK and then MCO - Man it's obscene amounts of money! Seems to be an expensive way to do it but maybe I'm doing it wrong!
Old 26 May 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Looking forward to this. Have fun!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Can I ask how you booked your International flights? When I look at say Man-JFK and then MCO - Man it's obscene amounts of money! Seems to be an expensive way to do it but maybe I'm doing it wrong!
Of course - we have basically done the same as last time. Go to Thomas cook airlines and when searching do advanced search. Do outgoing flight man to jfk them flight home mco to man. Our flights for the four of us were £1800 then another £300 for internal
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
Of course - we have basically done the same as last time. Go to Thomas cook airlines and when searching do advanced search. Do outgoing flight man to jfk them flight home mco to man. Our flights for the four of us were £1800 then another £300 for internal
Thank you. I will have a look now
Old 27 May 17, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
That's fab thank you! Anyone know when Thomas cook release their Miami flights?
Old 27 May 17, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Sounds just fab. Coming around fast too . Happy packing !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List