Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Nov 22, 04:07 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Disney Shocker! Bob Iger Back As CEO, Bob Chapek Out

deadline/2022/11/disney-...ut-1235178223/
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 22, 04:14 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

This is great news and hopefully he can put Disney back to nearly how it was before March 2020.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 22, 04:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

Bob Iger returns as CEO, Bob Chapek OUT

This is great news, though Iger does have his flaws too.

Can't see prices dropping however.

Edited at 04:53 AM.
Andysaurus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 22, 04:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
The Walt Disney Company announced today that Robert A. Iger is returning to lead Disney as Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately. Iger, who spent more than four decades at the Company, including 15 years as its CEO, has agreed to serve as Disney’s CEO for two years, with a mandate from the Board to set the strategic direction for renewed growth and to work closely with the Board in developing a successor to lead the Company at the completion of his term. Iger succeeds Bob Chapek, who has stepped down from his position.

“We thank Bob Chapek for his service to Disney over his long career, including navigating the company through the unprecedented challenges of the pandemic,” said Susan Arnold, Chairman of the Board. “The Board has concluded that as Disney embarks on an increasingly complex period of industry transformation, Bob Iger is uniquely situated to lead the Company through this pivotal period.”

“Iger has the deep respect of Disney’s senior leadership team, most of whom he worked closely with until his departure as executive chairman 11 months ago, and he is greatly admired by Disney employees worldwide—all of which will allow for a seamless transition of leadership,” Arnold said.

The position of Chairman of the Board remains unchanged, with Arnold serving in that capacity.

“I am extremely optimistic for the future of this great company and thrilled to be asked by the Board to return as its CEO,” Iger said. “Disney and its incomparable brands and franchises hold a special place in the hearts of so many people around the globe—most especially in the hearts of our employees, whose dedication to this company and its mission is an inspiration. I am deeply honored to be asked to again lead this remarkable team, with a clear mission focused on creative excellence to inspire generations through unrivaled, bold storytelling.”

During his 15 years as CEO, from 2005 to 2020, Iger helped build Disney into one of the world’s most successful and admired media and entertainment companies with a strategic vision focused on creative excellence, technological innovation, and international growth. He expanded on Disney’s legacy of unparalleled storytelling with the acquisitions of Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and 21st Century Fox and increased the Company’s market capitalization fivefold during his time as CEO. Iger continued to direct Disney’s creative endeavors until his departure as Executive Chairman last December, and the Company’s robust pipeline of content is a testament to his leadership and vision.

Edited at 04:54 AM.
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 22, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Not expecting any immediate improvements as they won’t want to waste all the money they’ve put it to do implement Disney genie etc.

But this overall can only be a good thing. I wondered what was going through their heads when they gave Chapek another contract in august, thankfully someone has seen the light!
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 22, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 177
Guidebook Reviews: 1
New Disney CEO Bye Bye Bob

Ding dong the wicked witch is dead - best news ever for Disney

abcnews.go/Business/wire...years-93698706

No more Bob Paycheque - welcome back old Bob.

bbc/news/business-63698756
| First Disney Cruise & Beach Club August 2015 | Cane Island July 2016 & Dream Cruise

Edited at 06:35 AM.
florida2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 22, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
littleacceb
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Andysaurus View Post
This is great news, though Iger does have his flaws too.

Can't see prices dropping however.
I'm okay with paying what it's worth. I just want a gd bench to sit on
littleacceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 22, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I’ve woken up to my phone exploding with this, love how it’s being likened to the wicked witch dying!

Fingers crossed good changes are coming!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 22, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

I’ll hold fire on getting too excited. Although fake Bob was CEO I’m assuming all decisions had full backing of the board.

Now real Bob is back in it depends on what the board wants. Hopefully it will be a new direction, but also it could be a similar direction as now but with a CEO who is more palatable to the public

I think it’s a case of wait and see while hoping for the best, but I wouldn’t expect too much to change in the immediate future
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 22, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Chapek is gone!

Woken up to this news today!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List