Notices

Old 27 Apr 14, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

I Need A Holiday - Last Minute April 2014 Day 3 - Hollywood Studios + 3 More Shopping Outlets + The

So today was all about Hollywood Studios... wait who am I kidding, today is all about 'The Handbag' :-)
Fastpasses selected we knew we were in no major rush today!

Before breakfast I wrote our 4 pixie dust postcards for those lovely dibbers coming to the magic shortly - all posted so hopefully they will be with you soon!

Breakfast today was Bob Evans. Jez had a pot-hash scramble which he said 'it was lovely' and I had eggs and breakfast potatoes with some late arriving bacon and sourdough toast! Both of us had orange juice / tea / coffee and it was just over $20

We were on our way to Hollywood just before 9 and the roads were busy! In-fact what happened next was a first for us in all 16 visits... the queue was starting to now build onto the main road so they literally opened all the lanes where you pay for parking and waved everyone through to clear the traffic! We have annual passes so don't pay anyway but I'm sure a lot of people were very happy to not have to pay the $17 to park! (I remember when it was just $9! )

Finally in and first up is probably my favourite ride... tower of terror :-) I love the fact each ride is different and you literally spend half the ride out of your seat - it probably took me 5 years to open my eyes and another couple of years to fight the force trying to lift me out of the seat... now I just relax open eyed and scream enjoying it!

Most rides were now at around the hour mark for queuing (no thank you!) but the great movie ride was pretty much a walk-on. We had the cowboy version which made a real change as I'm sure (for us anyway 90% of the time we have had gangster version)

We had some time before the next fastpass so went to another of our favourite things to do - drawing class. I was hoping we could draw Olaf but he had already been drawn today :-(
Choices were therefore between Buzz and Dopey... hopefully you can tell which one won!
Jez says my dopey (left) looks evil!

Next we played 'which character are you' and I got Maleficent (probably why I drew evil dopey!) and Jez got Tarzan!

Now it was time for Toy Story fastpass which is always very fun and I never win!
Queuing was up to 80 minutes as we walked off this ride!
A quick pitstop of Danish and drink before our final fastpass today - Little Mermaid

Following the show we decided on 1 more drawing class, this time the vote was between Stitch, Sully or Tinkerbell.
Another great way to spend 20 mins before hitting the sunshine once more!

We finish our visit today with 'one mans dream'
It was now nearly 2pm so we were done in the park! We personally prefer to get to the parks for opening (normally 8 or 9am) and stay until 1-2pm this then gives us the rest of the day to do other things (yes this other thing is normally shopping!), in fairness when we stay at a villa we usual go back for sunbathing / pool time, it's never as nice IMO at a communal pool plus it's really busy here with tons of students (cheerleading and singing conventions from what we see on peoples t-shirts!)
So all done and back to the car we plan the rest of the day - 1st stop is the outlet at lake buena vista, it is a small outlet and I only really go for the Old Navy outlet :-)

1st stop however is the 40% off rail at Nike where I spot these beauties (match my trainers perfectly!) These were $12

Old Navy next up and these cute shoes were $7.99! I know they aren't leather and probably won't last long but they are really nice :-) (originally $24.99)

Also in Old Navy super soft PJs. Bottoms are legging style charcoal and mint and were $7.49 (from $14.99) and the vest was $5.49 (from $9.99)

Next up was Mall of Millennia. Herei was expecting to get 'The Bag' but actually the Michael Kors didn't have a lot of the spring collection in yet so I left here empty handed!
We had an early dinner in Cheesecake Factory and it was delicious!
I had the skinny turkey and avocado sandwich (less than 590 calories from the 'skinny' menu... tons of choice either less than 490 calorie section or less than 590 calorie section. Jez had the spicy cashew chicken. We were too full for cheesecake but got a slice of caramel apple to go!

Finally now to shopping experience 3 - Florida Mall!
I got these cardigan from Abercrombie it's really soft and has a hood (this is navy but they also had cream) it was $44 and the first item I think I got not on sale! Tbh there wasn't a lot in the sale here and I do think it's pretty expensive for basic hoodies and t-shirts!

Next up is a brand new shop which I've now fallen in love with - I literally loved nearly everything in here! It had 40% off everything in store providing it was not already reduced! Amazing!
So starting top left is a fully lined cami in a stone colour (really floaty material) this was $17.97 (from $29.95).
Top right mustard smart shortie shorts - these were $26.97 (from $44.95), they literally had these in every colour!
Bottom left is a navy chiffon cami this was $17.97 (from $29.95).
Bottom right is a navy side ruched jumper this was from the sale section so no further discount at $19.99

So the shop is called 'The Limited' and it's really near to Dillions at the far left side of the mall.
Still here but now in the jewellery section all prices below include the 40% discount!
Top left $13.74
Top right $13.77
Bottom left $20.97
Bottom right $16.14

Finally stop... Michael Kors :-)
I fell in love with these beauties! Both leather and I think really good value. The bag was $398 and wallet $138
The colour is called Mandarin it's a beautiful deep orange - very happy!

Final purchase in MK was the bracket ($75) and ring $125.
Shopping now will slow right down as I've pretty much got everything I wanted now - I'm sure we will still do a final 'check' on the malls before we leave!
So it's now nearly 10pm time for a soak in the bath followed by a gentle stroke of my new handbag LOL
Tomorrow we are off to Epcot - probably a little later start and in the evening we plan to go to the cinema and do fork and screen. Until then - thanks for reading! Debs xx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 14, 02:54 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 27 Apr 14 2:54 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 14, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Mobile

Really enjoying your trip reports! You've bought so much shopping! I actually hate shopping but do plan to do a bit in Florida! I love the bag!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 14, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
wmc711
Imagineer

Sounds like a good day !

Every day should be a Disney Day

Will.I.Am
wmc711 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 14, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

More great photos, we loved Hollywood studios, think its really nice park. I must go to that Mall next time, and the cheesecake factory!
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 14, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
muggle3000
slightly serious Dibber

You certainly love your shopping!
Looks like your having a fab time.
Thanks for the pixie dust.
May 2014-Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa (DD first time). Trip Report Index
August 2015 - Disney's Seqouia Lodge DLP. Trip Report Index
Saving for August 2019 - Port Orleans French Quarter & DCL 3 Night Bahama's Cruise
muggle3000 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 14, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Great shopping day! Love the bag and purse

Sounds really busy at HS, hope the crowds calm down a bit for you. I remember going late April early May for our honeymoon and there being a cheerleader convention on, they were everywhere!
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 14, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another fab day. I love your bag and wallet, the colour is gorgeous. Liking forward to your next update.
Old 27 Apr 14, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
WDWKaren
Excited about Disney

We are kindred spirits with regards to shopping. My daughter (she is 26) and I plan to spend a lot of time shopping too. She is after a Michael Kors bag too
WDWKaren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 14, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Lovely bag. X