Notices

Old 19 Oct 14, 05:01 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Eat, Park, Shop, Repeat - October 2014 Day 11 IOA, Outlets And Coopers Hawk

Today we were back to Islands of Adventure, as it was a Saturday we were expecting it to be busy so prepared for crowds. We planed to get there as soon as it opened to minimise queuing as much as possible!

The weather as usual (or unusual for this time of year!) was already warm at 8am. Weekend radio was tuned to 105.1fm and without fail our 'holiday song' for this year was on within about 5 mins and we happily bopped along to this for a few mins! It's Taylor Swift and 'shake it off'. We usually listen to real radio (104.1fm) which is a talk show - but the presenters are brilliant... not sure they would broadcast some of the stuff they talk about at home! But in the evening and weekends it turns a bit rocky so we switch to the other station... which has about 10 songs on their playlist ;-)

We were parked up on level 5 and took a snap to remember where we had parked!

We were heading towards the entrance for just before 9am, a lot of people were turning right towards universal, that's open from 8am at the moment due to HHN.

Now top tip for those no familiar with IOA...turn right when you first get in to go towards Harry Potter... IGNORE all signs telling you to turn left - it is slower!
We happily turn against the crowds and stroll comfortably through the wacky world of Seuss!

We shortly arrive and make it to the castle with just a 15 minute queue - perfect start! Another great ride and we head for some coaster action!

We head onto duelling dragons (although not sure it is called that anymore!), we take the red side which is a bit more intensive! And I had forgotten how many turns and spins and upside downiness this ride has ;-)

With the queue only 5 mins we take the short-cut to re-ride and go to the slightly tamer blue side!

We have been cutting down on the big breakfasts so we now needed a snack (clearly not a healthy one! ) and took 10 mins rest in the shade :-)

Back into Seuss land for a selfie with a friendly police man!

Next up was an overhead train ride about sounds and other silly things! I like this ride as you get to see a view of the park from on high :-)

Once we were done in Seuss land it was over to Spider-Man - it's a staple ride and with the queue only 15 mins it didn't take long. This ride I think is similar to Transformers - there is so much going on every ride I seem to spot something new. I love this ride but think transformers just beats it for me!

The final ride we wanted to do ( we intentionally didn't do any water rides today so that's a big part of the park we didn't need to enter) was hulk. This had queue time of 20 mins and it was roughly this before reaching the top of the line (you can choose to do front row but I guess it would add another 20 mins or so to your time). This ride never fails to take my breath away and it's a mixture of fear and fun but I always come off feeling slightly shaky!

And we were done! It wasn't even mid-day and we had raced around everything we wanted to do for today which meant a good-bye photo for now and we left the park to hundreds coming in just about to start their days! (Crazy people... we are such early park people and think everyone else is mad for coming later! ;-))

For lunch today we were off to Panera bread - It was a favourite of mine for breakfast earlier in the year... not so much for Jez! I had seen an advert were they were doing a 'pick 2' lunch offer and you can pick from soup, 1/2 salad, 1/2 pasta, 1/2 sandwich or flatbread.

We both went with French onion soup (I know we have had that a lot this holiday lol) and then 1/2 sandwiches. I had turkey and avocado and Jez had turkey and bacon. We both had fizzy water and it was just under $20. Very nice and fresh - thumbs up!

Most of the afternoon was spent lazing by the pool (me) and football (Jez) - nearly finished my sweet valley high book! I love the view from out here.

Sully called me to show me his eye - I think it's looking better! He was very noisy on the call so think he was pleased to see me :-)

At about 4pm we had had enough relaxing! I wanted to go to Vineland road outlet to check out the Nine West store. They had an offer on which was buy 1 get one half off.

I spotted this beautiful navy booties in both suede and leather - so beautiful and these were $59.99

And these gorgeous purple suede were my half off so these came in at $29.99

I popped into watch station again everything in Michael Kors jewellery was 40% off lowest price. I did however notice that the watch offer was not as good today - it was only 20% off. I think maybe because it's the weekend they have removed it. Might be worth considered when planning your shopping day to go on a weekday also might be a bit less busy!
I still picked up 2 rings (the silver is a present). These were bargains from $95 to $23.99 each.

And I got this necklace from $145 to $47.99 (please excuse my terrible nails which need infills... last day they will be done before heading to airport! )

Tonight we were trying out a new restaurant I had spotted just off international drive - it's called Cooper's hawk

You get complimentary valet when you pull up and as you walk into the foyer I was offered to try some wine... I think I will like it here!

We were seated and told we could each try 3 samples of wine before making a choice - I already had a Pinot and liked the look of the fruit infused so picked a sample of peach and raspberry. OMG the raspberry tasted delicious - so a large glass of that was ordered!
We also were brought a mini loaf of pretzel bread and we shared a chicken and chorizo flatbread.

For mains they had a huge life's balance menu (everything under 600 calories) I went for a BBQ chicken salad... it was huge! Jez ordered jambalaya and enjoyed it - he said is was mildly spicy but very good!

We of course saved a little room for dessert Jez had a man sized apple crumble pie with ice-cream

I was good and had a strawberry dipped in chocolate (only 65 calories!).
All in the bill was $63 and we would yet again recommend this place and it makes it's way into our restaurant list for next time!

We now hit the international drive outlet. First shop was my favourite - Victoria secret. As you can see plenty for everyone... you just need to rummage!

I got 3 new sets - all bras are $12.99 (from roughly $55) and all bottoms are $4.99 (from roughly $9.99). You need patience but you will find matching sets!
I also got this lovely bracelet with was $19.99 from $78

I was pleased they had re-stocked the make-up and got 3 sheer lip glosses and 1 lipstick - the packages is really pretty!

I then got 2 shimmer eye shadows and 2 Matt eye shadows. All make-up is down to $3 (from $14-$18)

Last up was nightwear and this was all reduced to $9.99 - everything in the store for clothes is around the edges in size order (xs-s / m / l-xl)
I got this cute nightshirt (from $39.50)

And this set of PJs (from $52). The stuff is a little bit creased but it will all be thrown in the wash when we get home anyway!

Final stop was Ugg, now I know to many these are like marmite! But I love them and have many pairs which I pretty much live in when it gets cold! I had always wanted some Ugg slippers but the ones I wanted were £90 on the UK website which seems a bit steep! So when I saw the exact same ones in the outlet for $90 I let out a silent scream and decided to treat myself! I know this is still a lot of money... but I'm thinking they are an investment piece :-)
Hopefully you can see from the picture how gorgeous they are!

Now also for the more observant you may have spotted the picture is taken from the car... well so this is the situation...

We are currently waiting (as I type this part) for a new hire car! We have had a few problems since we got it with the tires but tonight we had a brake light warning and it's making a horrendous noise! So we are sat in a car park along I-drive and I thought I would carry on with my dibb report to pass the time! They have promised to be here within an 1.5 hour... fingers crossed! Better to sort it tonight than ruin tomorrow I guess!

Finally home and it's now just coming up to midnight but at least we are sorted with a new car ready for the final few days :-(((
Tomorrow we are having a pool day and then off to downtown Disney in the late afternoon to see how the changes are coming along! See you all then. Debs xxx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 14, 05:19 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 19 Oct 14 5:19 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 14, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Another great day debidee x
Another great days shopping too lol, glad the cars sorted, have a lovely relaxing day today x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 14, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great read for first thing in the morning Debs, thanks...

We always pay for preferred parking at Universal, saves the legs a bit of walking.

Suess Landing is so colourful but my wife insists we do Cat in the Hat EVERYTIME we go here. I don't mind as its the least I can do for her after the guilt I have. Long story but a few years ago I was collecting bobble heads and had a few in our bag from IOA, we then found in the Cat in the Hat shop Thing 1 and 2 which if you pressed their tummies they would talk. Well she bought both as loved them and we left for a meal at NBA Sports near to Hard Rock. All our purchases were left under the table in the bags whilst we ate. After dinner we picked everything up (or so we thought! ) only to find when we got back to our villa Thing 1 and 2 were missing, all my stuff was present and correct. Naturally I got the blame. I called the restaurant but they hadn't been handed in so they were gone We went back the next day and the shop had sold out as they were a special item, we havn't found them since even trawling outlet shops or Ebay. I carry this guilt everytime we go here.

Some great purchases there and dinner looks yummy. Shame about your car but so pleased you got it sorted. That is the advantage of having a phone I suppose. We dont normally take one but think we might this year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 14, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 14, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Another fab day. We usually turn right on entering IOA, it's a great tip. As always I love all your shopping. I'm glad you got the car sorted and it didn't really encroach on any of your plans.
Old 19 Oct 14, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Another great day debidee x
Another great days shopping too lol, glad the cars sorted, have a lovely relaxing day today x
I've literally just woken up! 9am on an Orlando day is unheard of normally ;-) must be nearly time for breakfast! Hope you are having a lovely day. Dxx
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 14, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
Another great read for first thing in the morning Debs, thanks...

We always pay for preferred parking at Universal, saves the legs a bit of walking.

Suess Landing is so colourful but my wife insists we do Cat in the Hat EVERYTIME we go here. I don't mind as its the least I can do for her after the guilt I have. Long story but a few years ago I was collecting bobble heads and had a few in our bag from IOA, we then found in the Cat in the Hat shop Thing 1 and 2 which if you pressed their tummies they would talk. Well she bought both as loved them and we left for a meal at NBA Sports near to Hard Rock. All our purchases were left under the table in the bags whilst we ate. After dinner we picked everything up (or so we thought! ) only to find when we got back to our villa Thing 1 and 2 were missing, all my stuff was present and correct. Naturally I got the blame. I called the restaurant but they hadn't been handed in so they were gone We went back the next day and the shop had sold out as they were a special item, we havn't found them since even trawling outlet shops or Ebay. I carry this guilt everytime we go here.

Some great purchases there and dinner looks yummy. Shame about your car but so pleased you got it sorted. That is the advantage of having a phone I suppose. We dont normally take one but think we might this year.
Oh dear :-( that sounds horrible - have you set up a search on eBay to send you alerts if it finds it? I always also expand my search to include worldwide to bring back more options - although maybe this is automatic now since they launched the new 'international shipping programme' (hehehe I am a bit of a regular buyer and seller on this site! ). Hope you find them 1 day soon!
I would really recommend you take a phone and just keep it for wi-fi it's been do handy in the parks! Also - how can you keep us posted on dibb without it ;-).
Have a great day! Debs xx

Edited at 03:45 PM.
Old 19 Oct 14, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by beck_loz View Post
Great day x
Thanks for reading! Xxx
Old 19 Oct 14, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Another fab day. We usually turn right on entering IOA, it's a great tip. As always I love all your shopping. I'm glad you got the car sorted and it didn't really encroach on any of your plans.
Hi Jackie, yep really glad we sorted it last night! Having a very lazy day today (as I type this from bed still lol! ) breakfast then pool is the order of the day... then downtown later :-)
Have a lovely Sunday! Debs xxx