Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Nov 14, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 52
Laura And James Do WDW Christmas And Cruise ! Nov'14 - Day 1 Travel Day and Shop

Dibb

Day 1 - Travel Day

Today we were up at 7.30am the bed was so comfy last night if it wasn't holiday day I would be fighting with my self to get up ! We showered got ready and closed our cases and were checked out and on the shuttle to our terminal by 8.00am.
Just as we got to our check in desk James noticed something wasn't right ! He had left his phone on the bed in the hotel so I was left with cases and bags on a seat while he went off to retrieve his phone ! I swear if James's head wasn't screwed on he'd forget it and I've never been more serious about that sentence with anyone before lol.
It took him about fifteen minutes which was fine because check in had just opened when we got back to the desk, we checked in and headed through security with no problems at all and as soon as we got through to departures I headed straight to boots as I had developed a water infection over night ! (Sorry guys a little tmi but us dibbers share everything) the lady was so helpful and we were soon settled into Garfunkels for a full English ! Now I'm not normally a breakfast eater but on this trip I found my early morning appetite ! Not sure how but every morning I was hungry ! Sorry I have no pictures of this I hadn't got into the food picture mode yet but I promise I get better!
After breakfast we headed to duty free I need to pick up some Mac bits, sad the blusher I use has been discontinued the nice lady helped me find the closest match, I also managed to get my colour in the cream powder which I've struggled with for a while now. James who must of been in the holiday spirit ( he never ever buys anything for himself) managed to get some viktor and Rolf spice bomb aftershave.
We had a browse in the world of whisky shop I swear we were the youngest people In there especially since I get told quite often I look about twelve :p.
We headed over to the gate after getting some water and soon boarded our plane.

I'm a nervous flyer which sometimes gets in the way of me enjoying myself but not today ! The flight was smooth I enjoyed the inflight entertainment, I watched some movies and TV had chicken curry which was quite a nice surprise and we got afternoon tea about an hour before we landed. I had a window seat so I tucked myself in for a nap and had a very strange awakening! I woke up to the over powering smell of red wine ?! Now James isn't a big drinker and he hates wine so I knew it wasn't him and when I peered out from behind my blankets I saw such a kerfuffle! The air hostess had spilt red wine all over James, his trousers weren't as bad but his brand new light blue shoes never been worn before where now a strange mottled pinky colour! I dove back behind my covers in a giggle fit (luckily James had seen the funny side also, it takes a lot to rattle him) and by the time the mess was cleared we were preparing to land !
We Landed at exactly 4.14pm and I held my breath as I rounded the corner for immigration but ... Nothing ! Next was the breath hold as we had working visas in our passports for Isreal and I expected a Q&A but again Nothing ! Brilliant !
Immigration were nice and friendly and just as we stepped over to the baggage carousel our bags came straight out first ! Perfect ! What was that about bad luck on our pre travel day ?! Pah !
We waited 45 minutes for our mears shuttle is pickup it was pleasant and we were the second stop, we arrived at the Doubletree hilton at universal gates, checked in, in our MAMMOTH room and received our free cookies by 6.00pm.
Determined to carry on we quickly freshened up and we're heading out to orlando premium outlets by 6.30pm.
Now you may call us mad but this was our only scheduled shopping trip this holiday and we had Christmas pressies to get ! We had worked hard and saved for our treats and this was our last big shop before we returned to London became fully fledged grownups in our new flat and saved like mad !
We were at the outlets by 7.00pm and first stop for me was ted baker, I had always wanted one of the big waterproof shopper bags for work as I am always ferrying shoes or bits of costume to makers or to the cobblers and this one caught my eye at $30.

Next was Victoria secret I had followed Debs trippie closely and hoping desperately to find a matching bikini and I was in luck!

The bikini at $8 dollars, the bra at $6, some bronzing lotion at $6 and jami bottoms at $12!
Next was Ugg my favourite ! I live in my ugg boots but like them a bit different so spotted these towards the back of the shop

I love how different they are and my dad had given me some Christmas money to treat myself and I had always wanted a pair of Ugg slippers so I also purchased these, both came to $220

We headed over to Yankee candle next and purchased 3 of the medium jars for $28 we found sparkling angel which I hadn't seen before ! It has such a lovely fresh smell !

No pictures of James's purchases but he got some flip flops and vans for $20 a pair of shorts for $40 a jessica rabbit mug in the disney store for $4 and a lovely checked shirt for $30.
At this point we were pretty hungry and tired so we headed to the food court for chinese (Orange chicken for both of us with rice) and we left at 10.30pm with both of us in bed by 11.30pm, good effort I think !
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 14, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Laura :-))))
LOVE your shopping bargains! Those uggs are beautiful really unique - I never saw any like that! And the slippers - I know I live in mine so I'm so pleased I 'invested' - are you loving them as well?
You did good in VS - it's so good isn't it when you get that matching set!
Candles look yummy - I've nearly burnt all the ones I brought back as could only get the little ones due to space lol... but in March it's the big one - 3 x 23kg each!
Loving your report and can't wait to see more and all your fab outfits! Debs xxx
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 14, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Ah Debs thank you ! I had you in mind when I was shopping ! I love my uggs they are so so comfy and managed to get half sizes in ugg outlet which is perfect as I am a 4 and a half!
We only brought back 3 candles but when we got to the airport we were both under weight by like 4kg ! What a waste ! Wish I'd got more ! Xxx
princess lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 14, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Great travel and shopping day. I'm impressed you went shopping straight after landing! 😳😁
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 14, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

I love how excited you look in your plane picture! It's really cute!

I love your purchases too! There's no way I could have gone shopping after our journey so well done on that massive effort!

Looking forward to reading more xx
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 14, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
princess lola
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Thank you ! It was push, but we were so determined ! And I think still very over excited :p xxx
Old 30 Nov 14, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by princess lola View Post
Ah Debs thank you ! I had you in mind when I was shopping ! I love my uggs they are so so comfy and managed to get half sizes in ugg outlet which is perfect as I am a 4 and a half!
We only brought back 3 candles but when we got to the airport we were both under weight by like 4kg ! What a waste ! Wish I'd got more ! Xxx
At least when you go next time ;-) you know you can bring back more! Xx
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 14, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Brilliant day! I can't believe you went shopping after you landed, I'm dead beat by then! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 14, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I love how you hit the shops straight away some great buys too

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 14, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great start x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List