Notices

Old 11 Apr 15, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Easter 2015 Day 14 Last Full Day

It's here! The last day. Boo boo.
Alarm went off at 6 and we slowly got up and ready. Popped into the little cafe in exception for a latte and some muffins for breakfast. They were huge and we couldn't finish them. Headed off to Universal once more.

Hotel lobby

Brekkie. I think it was $21 3 muffins 1 Danish, 1 tea and 1 latte (Starbucks)

Another Avanti photo

We were parked right on the top of the Universal parking lot. Never been up here before. Great views.

We entered Universal studios at 7.55 and straight to the minion ride. 20 min queue is the shortest I have seen it so it was now or never. (An hour later it was 75 mins!)

Set to be the hottest day of the year and it was already hot. We headed round and the girls rode Rip ride rocket with hardly any queue. Then the mummy ride all together again almost a walk on. Love this ride.

We left and headed over to IOA stopping for a pic by the hard rock.

I took the bags while they went ahead for Hulk but DH ended up not riding as he forgot his phone was in his pocket! They are using metal detectors to make sure you have NOTHING on you now. He couldn't be bothered to wait to sort a locker as the girls had rushed in. Dr Doom next then a quick photo op with Spider-Man. Headed round to Hogsmeade to see what FJ queue was like.

It said 30 mins so we decided the single rider queue must be short and went for that. It is worth doing the full queue once for all the Pre show bits but after that single rider is fine as you cannot see the person next to you anyway on the ride! We pretty much walked right on! Fantastic.

Rushed round to see the train was 10 mins so we decided to try and see what single rider was like for Gringotts. When we got there though they were just closing the single rider queue as it had got too long 😥

We headed out of the park again just before 11 and headed to the Florida Mall. Passed Wet n Wild on the way.

We grabbed an early lunch in the food court. 3 x 6" subs and 1 foot long and 2 medium fries to share from five guys. I love their fries. All together $28

Have to have the M and M world photo!

DH got some jeans in Hollister $25 for any pair. Everything in there was much cheaper than it used to be. I wonder if they will close soon like the uk ones.

Picked up a benefit concealer and urban decay eye pencil in sephora. Stopped at Walmart on the way back for a few more super cheap make up items.

Home about 2.30 and had a couple of hours soaking up the sun and swimming just to cool down. It was really hot again like in the summer. We showered and changed and headed about 6ish

Decided to try Denny's opposite as never been to Denny's. Oreo milkshake and apple pie. It was basically ice cream and apple pie blended up!

I couldn't face more burgers and fries and don't like pancakes or eggs so I was thrilled to see they did spaghetti and meatballs. Big mistake. It was horrid. I couldn't even eat the pasta as the sauce was awful. Even DH thought it horrid. The others ate up and we headed to Universal. Denny's is not on our list to repeat even though our server was lovely.

Still super hot when we arrived.

We headed to Gringotts and it showed a 30 minute queue! Jumped into single riders and we got on within 5 mins! It is the best ride ever!

Finally snapped the dragon breathing fire but it's blurry!

Diagon Alley looks amazing at night.

We went on to ride the Simpsons, rip ride rocket, girls rode mummy twice with no queue. Had a good look round the shops in Diagon alley and they bought some of those,jelly beans with wierd flavours like 'vomit' nice. This pic was in the Simpsons ride whilst waiting to board.

Well, we headed home via McDonald's as I didn't eat dinner and was starving. Packed some more and now I need sleep for a long day's travel tomorrow. We have a 4 hr layover in JFK and will arrive in LHR Sunday morning.Thanks for reading along. Hope you enjoyed the photos. I have over 700 on my phone alone! I'll do a travel day and final round up once home. Goodbye from Orlando.

Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 04:38 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Floridasun - 11 Apr 15 4:38 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've loved following your trip report and I think it's gone really quickly.
Have a good journey home
Old 11 Apr 15, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
m84ourlife
slightly serious Dibber

Have a safe journey home,and again thanks for sharing your family trip
m84ourlife is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Really enjoyed reading your trip report every day and today's was just as good. Sounds like you've all had a wonderful tine. Will look out for your final reports soon.
Safe trip home xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I have had a great time reading your report, great photos. Have a safe journey home and thanks for sharing.
Old 11 Apr 15, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola34
Very Serious Dibber

Loved reading your report, safe journey home.
Looking forward to the final round up.
07 - Calabay Parc 08 - Calabay Parc 09 - Bridgewater @ Town Centre Crossing 09 - Westridge 11- Marbella North 12- Westridge 13- Westridge 14- Westridge 15- Calabay@Tower Lake 16- Calabay @Tower Lake 17- Calaby@Tower Lake 18- Champions Resort
Lola34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for doing daily notes really enjoyed reading along have a safe journey home

Joan
Old 11 Apr 15, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for sharing, have enjoyed reading along
Old 11 Apr 15, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Great final day, hope your journey home is as pleasant as can be Thanks for the daily updates
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List