Notices

Old 3 Apr 16, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Day 7 Moving Day Beaches And Cream/Longhorn Steakhouse Keeping the Grandparents Up To Date Easter 2

Sadly this was our last morning at the hotel, checkout time was 11am so with nothing to rush for we tried to have as long a lie as possible. I made it to 7.50 when I woke to Murray squashed in beside me playing his iPad as apparently Katie had managed to kick him out of bed doing a starfish impression. She managed to sleep until 9 at which point we were all banging about the room wondering what noise might eventually wake her!

We decided to go to the bistro at the hotel for breakfast again this morning to fill up on more amazing freshly cooked waffles and omelettes. Katie declared she was starving and going to eat three omelettes, however she had one ham omelette and four waffles instead. The buffet was great again and once we had stuffed ourselves we went for one last walk round the pool and gardens. It was very overcast this morning with ominous black clouds and within 10 minutes of going outside the rain was on, lightly at first so the kids had another 10 mins outside playing in the basketball court before it started hammering down. It was probably the best day to have had this kind of weather but Katie said it was God trying to tell us we were not to leave the hotel, nice try.

Back up to the room for last minute packing, this is the best kind of packing really, no need to weigh cases just stuff it all in. We were ready to go in time for check out, it was fun packing the car in the pelting rain, in hindsight we should have moved the car to the inside bit of the car park but we managed. We asked for a print out of the bill so we could check it first before paying and noticed we had been charged $10 for the Evian water that had not moved it's position for the six nights, I know this as I kept saying to Derek $5 for water, don't think so! Once deducted from the bill and the receptionist probably thinking we were living up to the Scottish reputation, we settled the bill and were in our way to Disney's Beach Club.

We arrived just before 12, the plan was to to have a stroll along the Boardwalk and then a nosy in the Beach Club and Yacht club before our reservation at Beaches and Cream at 2pm. With the rain still hammering down we ended up spend the time only in the resort and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

First we wandered by Cape May Cafe where there were still character meals going on so we caught glimpses of Minnie and Goofy. Then we found Beaches and Cream and much to the kids delight the arcade next door. They spent some time on the games, it's a good system of putting money on a swipe card for them which gives them a certain number of points, then they can play the games which cost various amounts of points, until they run out. It was fairly busy in here, the pool was completely shut so ours weren't the only kids needing amused.

Tamer than Manta!

Murray was delighted with the Star Wars racer games.

After this we continued to the Yacht Club where we will be staying in June, it was just lovely, I've taken pictures mainly for Mum and Dad so they can see too, but I think we will be happy here 😀

One of the CMs told the kids there was a hidden mickey on the globe so they spent a fair bit of time looking for it, it's not where Katie is pointing so we've not given it away, she wanted to show us the UK.

We had a long browse around the shop here, we particularly like the Star Wars merchandise but didn't buy any. I did get a new pandora charm here which was for Mothers/valentines day, I haven't taken a picture so will post it tomorrow, but it's the Minnie ears one. Katie got a new sun hat.

Posing with the new hat.

Final lobby photo.

Not going to manage the rest of the report tonight as we've had a late night so I'll get the rest posted tomorrow, planning a pool day so should have plenty of time.

We walked back along to the Beach Club to explore there a bit further, the weather didn't look promising at the point and was very windy too. Took some outside photos as we walked along.

The kids are going to love the pool here where we go, they were pretty excited.

We still had half and hour to kill so I had a look round the marketplace shop while the kids and Derek stayed in the lobby. I got an idea of how the refillable cups work etc.

I then discovered the solarium and they had cartoons and colouring in for the kids here so they came round and took part for 15mins.

It was now 1.45 so we headed round to beaches and cream. We were given a buzzer which works in the arcade next door so of course we had yo go back one there. The big kid had a shot too.

We were soon called for our table. We were seated at a booth and we all remarked on just how small it was in here. I was very happy with our seat, the ones in the middle didn't look too comfy. The decor and theming was lovely and almost as soon as we sat down the lights darkened, orange flashing lights went off everywhere and the waitress brought out kitchen sink to the table behind us. It was absolutely massive, there were six of them and they didn't finish.

We ordered food first as we hadn't eaten since breakfast. I had the chicken sandwich and Derek had the seafood sandwich. The kids had burgers, the alternative to fries was watermelon which is Murray's favourite so he order this, the rest of us had fries. I was so busy taking it all in I didn't take any pictures of the food, the meal was okay, my burger bun was a little dry so I didn't mange all of it but ate all the chicken which had blue cheese and a raspberry dressing and it was very tasty. Derek likened his to seafood with Sauerkraut which is actually right up his street. All through lunch Murray had his eye on the Mickey pants, you can just see them in the top right hand corner of the photo. We agreed that the kitchen sink would be too much and as the kids are not too adventurous with their ice cream flavour choices we envisioned Derek and I being left with it as soon as they came to a flavour they didn't like. We decided to leave it until Gran and Grandpa were with us and so they could help. We ordered the Mickey pants instead for the kids to share with just vanilla ice-cream. Derek had the banana split and I ate the kids ice-creams that came with their meal. I don't think we made ourselves clear to the waitress that it was just that we didn't want all the flavours of icecream but everything else and we received a very plain Mickey pants! The kids were delighted with it though so dug in pretty quick!

How cute, I demolished these two!

The waitress only charged us for the Mickey pants, (I've looked at the receipt and it's actually called the mini kitchen sink) which you get to takeaway with you and the icecream inside rather than the full sundae which would have cost $23. She charged us $16 and I thought that was good of her.

When we came out it had eventually stopped raining so we were able to have a quick stroll as far as the bridge at the walkway to Epcot, so close and yet so far 😩 Only 11ish weeks to wait though so I didn't get too upset.

We then headed back to the car to drive to the villa. It took 15mins door to door and we were delighted to be back. A lovely welcome letter and gift pack from the owner and our rooms just as we remember them.

There is a newer pool table in the garage, the kids spent ages playing while Derek and I attempted some unpacking.

Mum the dryer is still here, all set out waiting for us😀 My Mum felt this was the only thing missing on our first visit and bought one for the villa, she does love her washing 😉

Contents of our gift pack

The pool was ready to use but the kids were having too good a time in the garage, so Derek jumped in the jacuzzi and I put my feet in for 15mins.

Tonight we were meeting our friends from back home who are here staying at a villa at the other end of the 192. They go home on Wednesday and tonight was a good night to meet up. We went to Longhorn Steakhouse, the one at the old town end. It took a while for them to seat a table of eight so we had a 50minute wait but we really didn't notice with all the catching up and comparing notes.

I had the sirloin and shrimp.

Derek had Flo's fillet. The kids both had steak. As always a really tasty meal, we spent a long time blethering and it was 10.30 before we headed home. I had planned to go to Target on the way home but it was too late so heading there this morning via Crackerbarrel for breakfast.

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Love the photos of the Yacht Club - can't wait to stay there in July! Hope you enjoyed Beaches n Cream X
Old 3 Apr 16, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hope you had fun at Beaches & Cream and the weather cleared up.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Yacht Club looks lovely, if we were to ever stay on site I'd choose one of the Epcot resorts

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your day x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Looks fab! Can't wait to see your charm and if course the food from Beaches and Cream!

Looking forward to the next instalment.
clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by closeder - 3 Apr 16 2:26 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Queen_Elsa
Imagineer

Oh wow! That banana split in beaches and cream looks Devine!

Port Orleans Riverside 2014
Caribbean Beach 2015
Caribbean Beach 2016
Caribbean Beach 2017... Now Animal Kingdom Lodge
Queen_Elsa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
A lovely day...glad the move went well and you are settled in. We did the kitchen sink in our last trip... there were four of us and we finished it start from the ice cream soup left in the bottom ...we also went at 2pm and I had starved everyone from breakfast lol.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Having lunch in the Dalmuir Hotel (on the way to Asda and Pinemartin) replying to you. Glad you had such a great time in the hotel. the Yacht Club looks amazing and we can't wait to go there. The ices looked very tasty and fun in Mickey's pants. Will write more tomorrow when we are home. Say hi to Suzanne when you meet her from us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 16, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Shame it was such a rainy day but sounded like you still had fun! A rainy day in FL is always better than being at home!
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List