Notices

Old 22 Aug 16, 02:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

August 2016 Port Orleans Riverside Day 3

Apologies everyone, tiredness go to me and I posted most of yesterday under day 1! I'm going to do less writing or I know I'll not finish this report but will include plenty of pics. Today started with Typhoon lagoon. As its a weekend we arrived very early. Grabbed a spot with an umbrella as it is just sooooo hot. Did the slides before queues got too bad.

Lunch was at leaning palms. 3 X nuggets and chips, 1 X chicken burger with tortilla style crisps, key lime pie, choc cake and 2 X cookies (soft gooey ones) 4 X Lge drinks. This was 4 QS credits. Way too much food. 8 large nuggets each. We should have shared!

We left early as it was so hot and crazy busy so we decided the resort pool would be nicer. The girls hit the pool while Darren and I walked to the French Quarter for a look around and explored our resort a bit. Then we joined them.

We showered and headed to Hollywood Studios. We had fast passes for Tower of terror, toy story mania and Star Tours. All good. I wasn't expecting much from Star Tours as used to think it was looking a bit dated and naff. However, it's had an overhaul and now has loads of different films so you get a different ride. It was brilliant. Truly excellent and we were all wow'd by it.

There was a little Star Wars show on the stage area.

We used 2 of today's snack credits on Fanta strawberry slushies which were delicious. We were still really struggling with the heat and I was feeling rough so we used the other 2 for some large soft drinks and got 2 X free iced waters and sat in the air on to cool down. The food court is so good at our hotel we decided to head back for dinner as it's too hot and we are too tired to stay for the fireworks tonight.

These guys were doing some army training with kids from the crowd.

Headed back. The girls had burgers and fries, mickey ice cream sandwiches and got bottled drinks to take out tomorrow. Darn and I shared a large,pizza, got 2 milkshakes as our drinks (for breakfast) and a cake thing (forgot name) and an apple pie type thing with ice cream. All absolutely delicious. All together 4 X quick service credits. We used our refill cups for drinks. The pizza was huge and would easily feed us all. A Lge pizza, 2 drinks and 2 desserts = 2 QS credits.

Popped into the shop and bought some things with the free gift card. Silver mickey earnings $39.99 and necklace $19.99 .

Holly bought some mickey earrings too for 19.99 and another Minnie hat like the on her sister got yesterday. She's been adamant she will not wear a hat but the heat got to her today and she gave in and wanted mine. You just need something to keep that intense heat from burning down on your head. As we spent over $40 we got this backpack for just $19.99 . I had my eye on it for days.
Got back to the room at a very respectable 9pm. Holly was having a paddy because her sister refused to go swimming (she did say she would come with her but not go in) but Holly fell asleep face down practically mid argument and is still there now. Lol

Lie in tomorrow. Hopefully our bodies are on USA time now! Then outlets at the top of I drive. Especially Victoria secret. Have fastpasses booked for Epcot early evening. If we can lie in then we will stay for illuminations at Epcot.
Good night

Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 02:47 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Floridasun - 22 Aug 16 2:47 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A good day even with the heat. Love your purchases.
Old 22 Aug 16, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniefan
Proud to wear my Ears

I remember walking from the car park to T. rex at Disney springs thinking my head was going to explode from the heat!
Minniefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 16, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day with some nice shopping

Joan
Old 3 Sep 16, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Good day, love the Disney purchases
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List