Notices

theDIBB Guidebook - Member Reviews

LaraT's Guidebook Reviews & Comments (1)

To view a review on the Guidebook page, just click the Page Title.

Date Submitted: 11-08-2012Page: Restaurants & Menus -> Blue Lagoon Restaurant
Review: 25th July 2012
We ate here at 8pm on 25th July 2012 for my DP's birthday meal. We arrived at just after 8pm and were told to take a seat and wait for our table. We were seated approx 10 minutes later. It took a little while to be served drinks and have our order taken, however the setting was beautiful and the French don?t rush their dining so we didn't mind. We were seated one row back from the water view seats which worked out perfect, as it was quite noisy down at the front by the ride.

We had meal vouchers and ordered a soft drink each that came with the meal vouchers. We ate from the Half Board Plus Menu. DP and I both had the Pressed crab with curry toast to start and it was lovely, especially along with the nice warm bread basket they serve in all the table service places.

The kids starter was cherry tomato and hearts of palm, and came on a Mickey plate with their main, both chose Pasta and in the other "ear" they got vegetables which were served cold and none of them particularly liked. I had read other reviews on the Pasta being very strong tasting but our girls both love cheese and really enjoyed it.

For our mains both DP and I chose the Caribbean Chicken Colombo, as we didn't fancy fish. I'm glad we did, as we absolutely loved it. The rice was cooked to perfection and the chicken was lovely and tender. The sauce was like a very mild curry sauce and was amazing also. It was served with some deep fried banana pieces, which I wouldn?t have normally tried, but I did and they were lovely, DP didn't like them though.

For dessert both kids enjoyed their Pannacotta and we treated them to a kids cocktail with a keepsake plastic cup and a light up tinkerbell. They choose their juice from a selection and then syrup gets put in also. Alix had Passion Fruit juice and Chloe had Apple juice, both chose bubblegum flavoured syrup and they said it was good.

Meanwhile I had the flaming crème brulee which was the best I have ever tasted and the novelty of it being served whilst lit was great fun, I was stuffed by this point but would happily have eaten another it was really that good!

DP chose coconut Ice cream

We ended the night by having a cocktail to celebrate his birthday. I had a Havana Mai Tai which was rum based (very strong!) it was lovely. DP chose the Blue Glowtini (vodka based) I was slightly disappointed wasn't served in the martini glass we usually have at WDW as I didn't think it looked as nice or displayed the cool keepsake light up ice cube as well, but DP assured me that it tasted just as good and he felt he got more for his money in the tall glass ;-) Pics below (sorry I cannot get them the right way up)
Havana Mai Tai

Glowtini

Our meal vouchers covered our food, but costs are broken down below.
Adults 3 course menu with drink ?33.99
Childs 3 course menu with drink ?14.50
Large 1664 beer ?6.90
Kids cocktail with keepsake cup ?10.70
Havana Mai Tai ?11.00
Blue Glowtini ?11.50
We asked for the drinks bill separately and used our 15% shareholders discount on the drinks which came to ?49.04 with the discount (OUCH! )
It wasn't a cheap meal but it was worth the money for a nice sit down good quality meal. The surroundings are lovely. The set menu's can be quite restrictive and some may prefer to choose from the main menu. We finished off by having a ride on Pirates of the Caribbean before heading home. Below is a pic of the birthday boy on a cool leaf chair.