Notices

theDIBB Guidebook - Member Reviews

's Guidebook Reviews & Comments (9)

To view a review on the Guidebook page, just click the Page Title.

Date Submitted: 02-03-2012Page: Magic Kingdom -> Magic Kingdom Theme Park
The Magic Kingdom is the Icon of Disneyworld, the walk down Main Street USA from the entrance and having the view of the castle come into eye sight is one of those moments that you will never forget.

When they say 'Dreams Come True', you really do believe it when you are in the Magic Kingdom, you can let yourself go and become a kid again! It's hard not to get caught up in the Disney 'Magic' no matter how old you are.

A MUST do for your trip and for me, a must do first day, theres nothing like starting your Disney holiday off at the Magic Kingdom!

Date Submitted: 02-03-2012Page: SeaWorld -> Penguins Up-Close Tour
The Penguin Up Close tour at Seaworld was one of the best bits about our last Florida holiday and for a not to expensive price either.

We met our Guide at the Seaworld gift shop opposite the Penguin Encounter who then led us into the experience to give us a brief talk about the Penguins and what Seaworld does for the penguins.

We then walked around to the area behind the encounter to be split into two groups, we first went and met a nice little Puffin and had a great talk with one of the staff members who told us about them and had a chance to have our photo taken, we couldn't touch the Puffin as the chemicals on its skin would be harmed by human touch!

After our talk we then moved on to see our Penguin! He came waddling out right in front of our group, his name was Alfie and he was a RockHopper penguin, we were allowed to pet him and he was quite happy for everyone to do this, at one point he even tried to pinch one of our bags!

We then got taken into the Penguin Encounter area, behind the screens the General Public view from, it was very cold of course but it was great seeing the larger penguins up close, they all came over to the barrier to have a closer look at us humans!

Overall it was a great tour, it lasted around half an hour or so and as I said before it was one of the best things we did during our stay in Florida!

Date Submitted: 02-03-2012Page: Disney Restaurant Pages -> Cinderella's Royal Table
We had our first Meal at Cinderellas Royal Table which was our Buffet Breakfast, at the time it was $80 or so per person, this includes free pictures of you and Cinderella before you go in to have your meal.

Breakfast was probably the best meal I had while we were there, for starters there are pastries, with your choice of drink. For our main I had the Full English style breakfast and my partner had a mixture of bacon, french toast, eggs and fruit.

The breakfast is a character meal, the Disney princesses walk around and talk to everyone, including us, we did feel slightly uncomfortable but I think this was due to it being our first day, first hour and was probably a bit too much for us as we were both early twenties!

It is a great meal, lots of lovely food and I would reccommend doing it!

Date Submitted: 02-03-2012Page: Islands of Adventure -> Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Forbidden Journey HAS to be one of the best rides in Florida. The simulator/scenery element of the ride makes it stand out above the rest!

The queue line itself is a great experience, a walk through the castle and a talk with Dumbledore and Harry, Ron and Hermione using amazing technology to project them in front of you!

The gift shop at the end can be slightly crowded as can the locker part at the beginning to stow away your valuables!

Date Submitted: 02-03-2012Page: Islands of Adventure -> Doctor Doom's Fearfall
If you want a 'Big Drop' ride in Florida, unfortunately, this isn't it! I had been on Hollywood Tower of Terror already and coming to IOA after and riding this it seemed like a tamer version.

Unfortunately I think it's one of the only rides I think IOA should get rid of, we had a simple Up and Down ride, no up again and down again, once we went up and once we came down and that was it.

Personally it was a waste of queue time.

Date Submitted: 05-03-2012Page: SeaWorld -> Dolphin Cove
The Dolphin Cove at Seaworld lets you feed the Dolphins with a tray of fish for around $7 each. This is a great experience and one I would suggest if you cannot afford to do Discovery Cove as you interact with the Dolphins up close and get to touch them.

There are plenty of opportunities to feed the dolphins, there are many in the cove and all will come up to you to get fed.

Whilst this is going on there is a photographer taking snaps of everyone and will present you with a ticket to collect a photo should you wish to buy one, the prices are very reasonable and they come in a great photo frame as a great keep sake.

I would recommend this experience very highly for something to do in Seaworld!

Date Submitted: 06-03-2012Page: Discovery Cove -> Discovery Cove Overview
Discovery Cove, for us, was the exclusive Florida Theme Park anyone would be lucky enough to go to! Luckily for us we went in 2010 after a lovely gift given to us by a family member!

Discovery Cove isn't just a park, it's almost like a getaway retreat, as soon as you walk through the doors the lobby looks like an up class Spa, here you are signed into the park, given your own ID necklace with your photo on it and time for your dolphin swim.

When walking into the park you are asked to pose for a free photo from a park photographer, this I thought was a nice gesture!

Onto breakfast, all the meals throughout the day are free including drink at any time during your stay. The breakfast choice at the time was continental although I now hear that this has included Cooked now which is a great addition to the park.

Once breakfast was over we headed to get our life jackets and a locker, we had already secured a nice couple of beds near the pool and there was no need to rush to get one as there were plenty. We started off by taking a small swim in the lazy river to try out the snorkels which were handed out with the jackets. We'd both never done any snorkeling before so it took us some time to get used to but once we'd got used to it, it was brilliant!

There were two pools to swim in at the time, one without fish in and the other was fresh water with lots of fish in!

We bucked up the courage to go into the fresh water pool, the water was FREEZING but going in for a swim had to be done. It takes time to adjust to the coldness of the water while also trying to snorkel at the same time! There are lots of species of fish around including a giant Ray, this actually swam over my back while I was swimming, much to my partners shock (I had no idea!).

Our Dolphin swim was after our lunch which again was really nice, the Dolphin swim is done in groups and you sit in a briefing before hand and told about the dolphins from a DC staff member. Once this is over your in the water with a trainer and a Dolphin! Lots of information is given about the dolphins while the trainer lets you pet the dolphin and feed it also.

Your picture is taken first, kissing and then hugging the dolphin, it really is a great experience to be this close to an animal with such presence as a Dolphin! Then onto your swim, we were given two options, a shallow swim or a deep swim meaning we would have to tread water for a bit, not something we were both comfortable with so we went with shallow. It's the same distance as a deep one so don't be embarassed about choosing it, it's all the same!

The swim itself is brilliant, you have to hold onto the fin and glide along with it, an amazing experience I don't think I'll ever forget!

Last but no means least theres the Aviary, an area where you can feed birds of all species, this really wasn't expected, we didn't even know it existed until half way through the day, this is brilliant at getting close to some really nice birds while they sit on your hand and feed out of your pots!

At the end of the day theres the chance to collect your photos, they can be expensive and you can also buy a DVD package but we just went with some photos for keep sake.

It's a brilliant day out, one I'll never forget and never question 'Was it worth it?' as the answer will always be YES!

Date Submitted: 15-03-2012Page: Aquatica -> Roa's Rapids
Roas Rapids is quite possibly the best attraction at Aquatica!

Although it's a 'Lazy River' there really is nothing Lazy about it at all, you drift round at a very quick pace in some parts, I would suggest wearing a life jacket, not because it's dangerous but because it's the best way to float round without worrying about paddling!

We spent AGES in here, partly because the current drifts you past the part where you get out so quick so you need to time it right!

Date Submitted: 15-03-2012Page: SeaWorld -> Manta
Theres a lot of mixed feelings about Manta, purely becuase of the way you have sit in the ride!

The queue line is one big aquarium, unfortunately when we visited there was no queue for the ride so we walked pretty quickly past the aquarium it self.

The loading for the ride is like any other, you sit in, pull the bar down... clip your feet in and wait for it to tilt you onto all fours! Yes this ride does have you on all fours and at some parts during the ride looking like a dog laying on its back!

It's a brilliant ride, probably one of the best in Florida I would say, MUST NOT BE MISSED!