Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Going back to do what we missed last time Day 9 Bl. Beach

The Cast; Me, Emma 40 Ready for a more relaxing day
DH, Jim 43 Wanting to play some crazy golf
DD, Kirsty 8 Wants to try Summit Plummet
DS, James 4 Wants to do water slides

Again, a totally new park for us so new stuff mission acheived !

Day 9 Thursday 10th April 2008 Blizzard Beach. Weather today 87oF

We didn't have to get up so early today, but we still woke around 6 ish - typical !
We decided on Sizzlers for breakfast, the selection was a bit different from I Drive. Kirsty had a plateful of fruit and James was happy with his usual sausage and hash browns followed by a doughnut - very healthy. Jim and I had the full works
Went back to the room and got our stuff ready for Blizzard Beach, we caught the 8.55 shuttle from our hotel which was going to Epcot, we thought that we could only get to Blizzard Beach from a resort rather than a park, but when we got to Epcot, Jim asked the driver and he said that we could get a bus to Blizzard Beach from bus stop number 7. We caught a bus quite quickly and got to Blizzard Beach before opening. Once inside, we got our locker, changed and found a shady spot to dump the stuff.

Digressing slightly, when my Dad was diagnosed with lung cancer, one of his first priorities was to book a holiday and take my brother and his family and us four to a villa in Menorca (him and my Mum were divorced). We had a fabulous time, while we were there we went to a water park and persuaded my Dad to go on a water slide called Kamikaze, my Dad was a strong swimmer, but not really into slides, but bless him he gave it a go and I had decided that I really owed him one and although the thought of it terrified me, I would give Summit Plummet a shot. Kirsty said she would do it too, so we went off to queue for the chairlift while the boys went to bob about in the wave pool in a huge rubber tube. Well, we waited flipping ages in the queue to go on the chair lift, then halfway up it stopped - that was quite scary. Once we got to the top, there was an enormous queue for Summit Plummet, which didn't seem to be moving, we got in the queue for a bit, before deciding to do Slush Gusher instead, still scary but a smaller queue. Kirsty went first, heard her scream all the way down ! Next was me, was a bit sore on the old booty and I did leave the slide at one point, but good fun, Kirsty wanted to go back up and do Summit Plummet - no chance with that queue !

We met up with the boys and decided to go on the Toboggan Racers as James had enjoyed the one at Aquatica so much. It was good, but the kids didn't travel very far once the slide straightened out at the bottom and Jim had to go and get James. Jim also bashed his foot going down and made it bleed.

We decided to have a bob round the lazy river, easier said than done as it was a bit of a battle to get tubes. Once in Kirsty managed to get way ahead of the rest of us, the glimpses of her we got when we got round corners reassured us, she didn't seem to notice we weren't with her, but I knew I would be happier if we were all together and it would make getting out easier too ! We managed to catch up and had a nice bob round, but then it started to get too congested and at every exit, people were wading in to grab any available tube, so we decided to get out and have some lunch.
As we got out, Kirsty announced that she had ripped her bikini bottoms, she managed to hold the pieces together to preserve her modesty, but it was obvious we would have to buy her a new one (note to self- next time put spares in the rucksack). We went to the shop and of course madam didn't like any of the cheapest costumes or bikinis - not that any were that cheap, I'm used to Asda price , she settled on one for $32, must admit though it was lovely. Once decent, we got ourselves a hotdog each and bought a refillable mug which we filled with coke.

After lunch, we decided to do Runoff Rapids and walked round, burned off a few calories humphing the tubes up the stairs. I rode with Kirsty, we did both the open slides which were great fun then we thought we'd let the kids have a bit of fun in the kiddies area before calling it a day.
Of course I have one child under 48" and one above so they couldn't play in the same area. We went to James's first, Tikes Peak where he enjoyed this slide

Kirsty took him up as he didn't want to queue up by himself but wasn't allowed on which I thought was a bit mean, the kids went one at a time, so it wasn't as if she would squash a little one. As there was nothing else James wanted to do in this bit, we made our way to the older kid's bit, where the kids just ran off and vanished. Panicking in case James followed Kirsty and ended up drowning himself, Jim and I searched for them, we got James first and then caught Kirsty coming across this

Both of them got a telling off they won't forget in a hurry and we told them that we were leaving now because they had been naughty (we were leaving anyway, but they didn't know that )

Another quick go of the refillable mug

And we went and got changed. Kirsty bought an Ariel playset in the shop and then we went to play some crazy golf at Winterland Summerland. We decided on the winter course. Unfortunately I don't have any photos, I had only brought the waterproof camera which I used up at Blizzard Beach. We had a great time playing, it was a brilliant course. Jim won with a score of 39, James was second, with a score of 40 , must stop letting him tell us how many strokes he took and actually count them. Kirsty and I both got 42. We liked the souvenir golf balls we got, weren't expecting them, it was a nice extra.

We caught a bus back to to Epcot straight away, but once we got there we had a 1/2 an hour wait before our 5.15 bus back to the hotel, so we found a shady bench and James fell asleep on my lap. Jim carried him to the bus and he came round on the journey. Once back at the hotel, we freshened up and the kids had a game with the Ariel playset. I requested Chilis for dinner, another first for us and conveniently located just across the road. Ariel and Flounder joined us but luckily didn't eat anything.

James had a burger with fries and a corn on the cob, Kirsty had pizza, fries and brocolli, Jim had shrimp and chicken fajitas and I had the ribs and honey glazed sirloin combo with loaded mashed potatoes and veg. It was delicious but like Red Rock Canyon, they put pepper all over the veg. I can recommend the strawberry lemonade, it was really nice.

Poster says it all really

We were quite tired, so we skipped dessert and headed for the 7 11 as we needed breakfast for the morning, got the kids an ice cream, some peanut butter M&M's for me and some beer for Jim and went back to the hotel for bed and a spot of telly.

Tomorrow Animal Kingdom

Emma
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 08, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
donnakirby
Apprentice Imagineer

donnakirby's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
great trip report and photos.

looking forward to the next one.
Old 2 Jun 08, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggerfan144
Imagineer

tiggerfan144's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Loving the trip reports

Howard Johnson Maingate west (1995), Villa (1997), Gateway Inn (1999), Sheraton World (2000), Rodeway Inn (2002), Springhill Suites (2004), Caribbean Beach/Crowne Plaza (2006) AKL/HRH/Rodeway inn (2009)

And Becky makes four
tiggerfan144 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 08, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
well done for trying the water slide for your Dad

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 08, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Great photos at BB!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 08, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Enjoying your reports. Looking forward to the next one.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 08, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Another excellent day and fab photos.
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 08, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post

great pics. can i ask how much was the mug?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 08, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Have just tried to wake Jim up to ask him how much the mug was, but it's not happening, think it was $9 something, we worked out that we got our money's worth plus of course you get a nice souvenir mug to take home. I'm sure someone will correct me if I got the price wrong

Emma
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

That was a nice touch, writing the memory of your Dad on the Kamikaze. I could just about cope with Tykes Peak - James looks like he was enjoying it.

Chillis sounds good. Maybe we'll try there next time

Thanks for another great report Emma.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List