Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Rebecca's 1st Trip-Day 4 Epcot

28th May 2009

The Jones Family

Me - Sally 43 Loves Disney
DH - Nigel 46 Likes Disney not as mad on it as me
DD - Rebecca 8 Loves Disney Princesses

We got up early again this morning. Showered and went down to the food court for a coffee. We had an ADR at 9.15 this morning at Akershus in Norway Epcot for the Princess Storybook breakfast. We caught the bus to Epcot and walked through the park and up to the world showcase got to the restaurant 5 minutes late that wasn't a problem they called us when they were ready for us.

Rebecca waiting to be called to breakfast

When we went in we all had our photo taken with Princess Belle.

Rebecca and Belle

We were shown to our table and then the waitress explained the buffet and went to get us some juice and coffee. There was so much to eat here (sorry no photos of food) we had fresh fruit Pineapples and strawberries with grapes each followed by a skillet to share of sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs and a potato casserole very nice and also very filling although Nigel had to ask for a second skillet. I couldn't manage much of the second skillet but I did finish off with a nice apple pastry Rebecca also had a couple of pastries and more coffee and juice all round.

Rebecca and Cinderella, Cinderella did ask Rebecca if she'd met her the other day and Rebecca said yes she'd seen her in Magic Kingdom, so Cinderella wrote nice to see you again in Rebecca's autograph book how nice of her she made Rebecca's day.

Rebecca and Sleeping Beauty

Rebecca and Ariel

Rebecca and Snow White. She had missed our table and I spoke to the cast member with her and she bought Snow White back to us.
Our breakfast was over now all Princesses met bellies all very full so we paid the bill $91.56 and left very expensive I know but we did all enjoy the food and the interaction with the Princesses and it is the holiday of a lifetime

We were very full at this time and decided not to go down to future world just yet although Nigel did go and get us a fastpass for test track for later. While we were waiting for the World showcase to open up we all put sunscreen on and studied the map.

Rebecca waiting for the world showcase to open.

When the rope was eventually dropped we walked to China to meet Mulan. We were first in line

Then we wandered on through the worldshow case trying to walk off that rather large breakfast.

When we got to Morocco we met Aladdin and Jasmin, Aladdin asked Rebecca where she was from and she said Wales and Aladdin said are you from Swansea, so of course she said yes, we were amazed that he'd got that right.

Then we came across Belle in her Blue Dress Rebecca asked why she had changed from the yellow dress she had on for breakfast and Belle said she was hoping to go on some rides and she didn't want to ruin her ball gown (they've got an answer for everything).

Belle showing Rebecca the Princess pose.

We decided to head down to future world as it was time for our fastpasses for testtrack as we got there it started to rain quite heavily so they closed the ride. We thought we'd get under cover as we didn't have any of those lovely ponchos. We headed to the land area and were able to get fastpasses for Soarin for later that evening as there was a 90 minute wait at this time. We went on living with the land instead oh that was thrilling remembered doing it 17 years ago and don't think I would do it again in a hurry, but it did keep us dry for a while. We left the land and headed for Mission Space now I wasn't sure I wanted to do this but Nigel did and Rebecca suprisingly enough seemed quite keen so we decided on the green team as Nigel doesn't do spinning and were on in 15 minutes. Well we all enjoyed this ride as there were only 3 of us we had someone else with us.

We decided to leave at this time as it was still raining and we were going to come back later to see the fireworks.

Continued below

Edited at 03:42 PM.
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 09, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews

We caught the bus back to the hotel to shower and change then back on the bus by 5.00pm for our 5.55pm ADR at the Rose and Crown. After check in we went inside and had a drink each 1 Stella for Nigel and 1 Tennants for me $16.00 can you believe it what an expensive drink you wouldn't get drunk on these prices. We were shown to our table and our server Rhys was from Bridgend and as we're from Swansea we had a good old chat he was really attentive to us and said he missed home so much.

Rebecca waiting for her food

We all ordered fish and chips and they were really good and the batter was really crispy, below is a photo of mine.

Rebecca really enjoyed her food and she followed it up with a make your own sundae. Our bill came to $64.92 maybe a bit expensive for fish and chips but we all enjoyed it.

We finished up and went to use our fastpasses for Soarin, Rebecca and I enjoyed it Nigel said it was OK he felt a bit let down as he could see the other peoples feet above us, to be honest I must have been engrosed in the film as I didn't notice at all. I bought an umberella as the sky was looking abit grey (can use it at home anyway). We walked around for a bit and then picked out a spot to watch the fireworks, 20 minutes before it was due to start it started raining and it rained and rained and rained we thought they might cancel the fireworks but they didn't. We stayed to watch them and got rather wet even though I had the umberella .

Then we caught the bus back to the Hotel and all in bed by 10.30 shattered what a day.

Day 5 Islands of Adventure

Edited at 11:22 PM.
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 09, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Great pictures!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 09, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Lovely photos looks like a good time was had by Rebecca meeting all those Princesses.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 09, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
smythy21
Imagineer

smythy21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
great trip report and love the photos
Old 26 Jun 09, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
great day

lovely pics
Old 26 Jun 09, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 09, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
woolamstiger
Excited about Disney

woolamstiger's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Great pictures
Old 26 Jun 09, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

What a fab day..pics are lovely...$16 for 2 drinks

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 09, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Originally Posted by voddygirl View Post
What a fab day..pics are lovely...$16 for 2 drinks
I know what a rip off I brought a six pack of Budweiser in Walgreen's for $5.99. But then when you're in the holiday mood you'll pay it won't you.