Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Wow, it really is Magic-Day 2. Parks, Rain, Wind and BBWWS

A couple of links

Introductions

Index

Friday 20th February

Day 2 arrived and our first wake up in the Cheyenne started just before 7am when DS asked what time it was. We switched on lights and started pottering about and DD stayed fast asleep. We had the breakfast slot between 7and 8 and I had every intention of getting there early to avoid the chaos that I heard about but with a sleepy DD we didn't get to the restaurant until just before 8am and it was a bit mad really We made an on the spot decision to not bother and turned straight round to get the bus.

Weather was looking a bit gloomy and it was cold but we hoped it would improve rather than get worse, always hoping for the best! At the station we nipped into the cafe and got some croissants, coffee and juice for a reasonable price and then into Disneyland Park.

Todays plan was Disneyland Park all day so in we went about 8.30 and everyone wanted to try Buzz. We were on with no queue at all and what a great ride, a big hit with us all.

We thought the Buzz animatronic was fantastic although we did rush past it quickly, we got a better look another time.

Out into rain we went Had a wander round and found Star Tours so we went on that next with not much queue, enjoyed by us all. Another fun ride.

Happy to find the Wall-E statue, I love Wall-E and Eva

Bit sad to see him kind of pointing out towards the boarded up area, this bit of the park seemed a bit lost and I admit we got a bit lost as we thought there was a path through to fantasyland according to the map!

We walked/squelched back round to Fantasyland and decided to get in the queue for Peter Pan. It was getting a bit busier now that time was getting on, I think we queued for about 20 minutes maybe. We liked this ride but I thought it was a bit fast, you didn't get much chance to take in the details which was a shame really.

When we came out it was about 9.40 and we contemplated getting on another Fantasyland ride but after a chat we all decided to head over to the entrance to Discoveryland to go on Big Thunder Mountain. There were quite a few people waiting and they opened up at spot on 10am, we got to the ride and queued for about 20 minutes again I'd say. DH and I loved the ride, the kids weren't as keen unfortunately which meant we didn't get on it again although we would have loved to.

I get a bit confused here but we went back through to near the castle and it was obvious that the kids were really cold now, especially DD. Even with our 2 layer coats, hats and ski gloves poor Imogen was shivering and getting miserable, we hadn't put the thermals and snowboots on when we left which in hindsight was a mistake. A quick decision was made to change todays plans as the rain wasn't showing signs of stopping, first stop was a return to the hotel to warm up and layer up and so we headed back to our nice warm room. This is really where a bit of research comes in and I'm glad for places like The Dibb as I could change our day and make it easier for us all on the spot with no messing about

An hour later we were all feeling better. Thermals and snowboots were on and smiles were back on everyones faces. On the subject of clothing I couldn't believe how many people we saw with no raincoats, no gloves, canvas shoes Its February in France, it was blinking freezing and Friday was a washout, people must have been so cold. Be prepared people!

We headed for lunch in the village before hitting to the studios to watch shows and get out of the weather a bit. We chose Annettes and I'm glad we did. The children both had fish and chips and ice cream, DH had a chilli burger and I had an onion burger and a brownie. It was all very nice and our server was great.

While we were in the restaurant I got out the programme and made a couple of itineries for shows. We were aiming for Cinemagique, Animagique and the Stunt Show, anything extra was a bonus. We were going to Buffalo Bills Wild West Show at 6.30 and wanted to get there about 5.30.

Into the studios we went, thought the studio 1 area was a fun entrance but it did seem very busy, probably a combination of the weather being bad and it being around lunchtime. We wandered out and immediately heard the screams from Tower of Terror Brilliant.

Cinemagique was on at 1.45 so hoods up and gloves on (we did a lot of putting hats and gloves on and off!), we wandered around to the show area and in we went. I should add here that we have a very slow walking 5 year old daughter and so any distances you are picturing, treble the length of time it takes to get there

What can I say about this, brilliant. We all loved it, such a clever idea and it kept the kids occupied despite the adults probably getting more out of it. So clever and the Toy Story bit got me (as it always does in the full film).

Next stop was supposed to me Animagique at 2.45 so we had 30 minutes. We walked passed the Tower of Terror, so funny hearing all the people screaming! The queue said 5 minutes so DH went and joined while we waitied in the undercover area in front, but it was definately longer than this.

When DH got back he loved it, said it was a really fun ride, unfortunately we had missed Animagique by a few minutes so I suggested the tram tour. We were on the next tram along. I kind of knew what was coming and it was great to see the kids faces when the water went over us

Enjoyed this and we were out of the rain which was a good thing.

Weather update - it was still raining and it was also windy now. I think parachute drop and RC racer were closed as we didn't see them going whenever we looked. Next planned stop was the stunt show at 4.15 but I was a bit concerned about if it would go ahead and sure enough we heard an announcement that it was cancelled.

We decided to find somehwere to get a warm drink and a sit down, it was heaving in studio 1 so we ended up wandering around a bit and found Blockbuster cafe. Now I thought this was a strange place! It just seemed really odd but we got our drinks and some chocolate cake and a sit down. A quick check of my 2 afternoon plans and I realised we could make Animagique at 4.40 - great

In the end we had a bit of a rush as I didn't realise the time but we made it and got a good seat. Again, we loved this show, especially the kids. Lots of fun and again very clever. Disney really can do these things well.

The show finished at 5.00, we left the building and had some pics with Mike Wazowski and a go on the scream-o-meter.

We headed back into studio 1 to work our way back round to Buffalo Bills but of course we had to visit the shop for all those burning hot pennies to be spent! Again Imogen was drawn to the teddies and after a lot of swapping and changing she decided to buy Mickey and Minnie dressed as Mary Poppins and Bert - they are lovely. Zach had a look around and bought another set of Die cast Planes.

Out into the horrible weather again we went and walked round to Buffalo Bills which was open, yay. I think it was just after 5.30. We got in the queue and I handed over my paper tickets (tickets purchased on the French ticketmaster site) we were given blue team cowboy hats and then wandered into the bar area. Now the bar was a bit ridiculous, not enough servers at all. We found a spot to hang around and DH went to buy a beer which took ages, I then took the kids to get some pictures.

The band were on now, loved the music. I decided I did fancy some wine rather than the beer. To do this you can order and pay for your wine at one of the bars and it is brought to you in your seating area once you go into the arena. I ordered a jug of rose (which was very nice) and I treated the kids to one of the drinks with the flashing Tinkerbell and Buzz. They loved them.

Goofy was on (very funny) and it was time to head in.

Our seats were very good and the atmosphere was great.

Thsi show is so worth going to. We loved it, all the banging of cutlery and the waving cowboy hats. The servers work very hard and the glasses are filled a lot. We liked the food although DS wasn't keen (he is fussy though) so mums snacks came in handy again. The chilli was particularly nice. All I can say is go and see it.

We didn't win though - boo. Will have to go again!

When it finshed we were all smiles and out we went again, the weather hadn't changed at all We went and got the bus back to the hotel and were all in bed in no time, its tiring work this Disney malarky, especially when trying to stay dry!

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

Edited at 11:50 PM.
CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 15, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
olafs_nose
Earning My Ears

Loving your trip reports

We were in the queue for RC Racer on the Friday afternoon when they closed it the weather was pretty grim that day wasn't it. We did the same, all the things you could keep out of the rain for a bit ... Animagique which I absolutely love, Cinemagique, Tram Tour, Ratatouille.

We did BBWWS on Tuesday. Didn't realize about having a jug of wine brought to you. Thanks for the heads up ... I shall rectify that next time.
olafs_nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 15, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by olafs_nose View Post
Loving your trip reports

We were in the queue for RC Racer on the Friday afternoon when they closed it the weather was pretty grim that day wasn't it. We did the same, all the things you could keep out of the rain for a bit ... Animagique which I absolutely love, Cinemagique, Tram Tour, Ratatouille.

We did BBWWS on Tuesday. Didn't realize about having a jug of wine brought to you. Thanks for the heads up ... I shall rectify that next time.
Thanks for your comment, first time I've done this and I worry I'm boring everyone to death!

Oh that's a real shame about being in the RC racer queue, hope you hadn't been there too
Long. It was a grim day but sounds like you made the best of it like us.

The wine was about 9 euros and you ordered it at the bar where you came in. I recommend it, I had the rose. I'm not a big beer fan so DH got my beer too!

Edited at 10:23 PM.
CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 15, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Loving your trip reports so far :-)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 15, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by wotawabbit View Post
Loving your trip reports so far :-)
Thanks, it was fun writing it

Old 21 Mar 15, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Glad you managed to do so much despite the cold and rain!

You are right about there being a way through to Fantasyland from Discoveryland, but it's round the back of Videopolis which is currently boarded up, so you can't get there.

So glad you enjoyed Cinemagique and Animagique, we love those too. And Blockbuster Café is a hidden gem for a quick lunch, hardly anyone seems to know about it so it's never busy!

BBWWS is great fun, isn't it? We did it on our recent trip too.

Hope you have better weather tomorrow.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 15, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Glad you managed to do so much despite the cold and rain!

You are right about there being a way through to Fantasyland from Discoveryland, but it's round the back of Videopolis which is currently boarded up, so you can't get there.

So glad you enjoyed Cinemagique and Animagique, we love those too. And Blockbuster Café is a hidden gem for a quick lunch, hardly anyone seems to know about it so it's never busy!

BBWWS is great fun, isn't it? We did it on our recent trip too.

Hope you have better weather tomorrow.
Thanks Gill, glad my map reading wasn't wrong! BBWWS was so much fun

Old 25 Mar 15, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Great to read just how much you managed to fit in despite the weather.

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List