Fax 407 238 0900
Rooms 1616
Official Rating
Members Rating (5.0)

Write a Review

Reviews from Members
Member Review
Serious Dibber

DW an I are timeshare owners at Grande Vista for a good 10 years. Itīs one of the best resorts in Orlando Area. Check iy out if you get the chance!
October 2018
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]
Gloria sic transit mundi.

My family of 5 (me, DW, DD13, DD11 & DS8) are currently staying here - on Day 6 of a 9 night stay. One word sums this resort up - "Wow" - but I expect you want more from a review so here goes. It's a large, luxury, Marriott Vacation Club (i.e. Timeshare resort). You can book it on a cash basis via the Marriott.com website or if you are a timeshare owner you can exchange in to it. We are staying 9 nights - 7 nights were booked as an exchange through Interval Inteirnational and a night either end were booked on a cash basis through the Marriott.com website. We are staying in a 2-bedroom (sleeps max 8) villa (it's really a condo style apartment but is termed a "villa").

Location is good on I-Drive, a couple of minutes passed Seaworld heading south towards Premium Outlets. It's easy to get to the I4 or 535 to get to Disney but you will need a car staying here.

The resort is huge - with a long driveway in from I-Drive to the resort. The resort contains a golf course and golf school plus a tennis centre. There is a large lake which it is set on which offers pedal boat rentals etc.

There are multiple pools within the resort - our closest one is IMHO better than the main one and includes the resort bar. It is an easy walk from our block along the lakeside walkway. The main centre can be accessed via a footbridge over the lake, past the main pool ( where there is a sauna as well as the standard hot tubs). In the centre is a restaurant, spa, fitness centre, a kids club, a mini market, and an ice-cream shop (inside the faux light house).

Our pool is actually 3 pools - a separate paddling pool for toddlers; the main pool with waterfalls, castle turrets and water firing cannons, and a sprinkler zone; and lastly a comparable sized pool closer to the bar where parents can be entertained whilst the kids swim. With the exception of Stormalong Bay I would rate this as superior to any of the Disney pools - the only thing it lacks is a slide. Towels are provided at the pool and are plentiful (and fluffy!).

We are staying in a 2-bed villa. It has a large lounge diner, with fridge freezer (incl ice maker), cooker (oven & hobs), microwave and dishwasher; and a separate washing machine and tumble dryer in a laundry cupboard. The master suite is large with a king sized bed, separate chaise-long and a huge whirlpool bath for 2 and large shower en-suite.The second bedroom contains 2 double beds and a separate en-suite bath and over bath shower. There are 3 LG LCD tvs in the villa - one in the lounge and one in each bedroom. TV in Orlando went all digital this month so there are now 130 digital channels available. There are 4,000 tvs in this resort so the switchover from analogue to digital was quite a task for the staff (they said). There is free internet in the villas too.

TIP: To find the resort on TomTom you need to search for "Marriott" as it's listed at "Marriott's Grande Vista", if you search for "Marriott Grande Vista" it won't come up.

They say pictures paint a thousand words so see http://tinyurl.com/DibbMGV
April 2014
Cleanliness [5] Child Friendliness [5] Location to Attractions [5] Value for Money [5] Overall Impression [5]