Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Jan 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Dining questions

Just a couple of questions regarding dining. We have half board plus saying in Sequoia Lodge in May.

1. Can you book online and if so where do I find this and how far out can you book?

2. What is everyone's favourite buffet? I am debating a buffet one night (Hunters grill or Agrabah) instead of 3 table service meals (going for 3 nights) but not sure what one.

3. How do the dining vouchers work in terms of days i.e. we will check in on a Tuesday afternoon so i'm guessing they are valid from then for evening meal, then can we have breakfast on last morning and still have a voucher for lunch? Our flight is not until 7.30pm so wont be leaving for the airport until late afternoon. Or do you only get breakfast on your check out day? Not bothered either way as will just get quick service but would like to know

4. Has it definitely been confirmed that with the free half board you can now have the buffet in your hotel for breakfast or is it still the quick service?

Thanks!
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Following! I'm a newbie to DLP and the meal plans baffle me! Definitely different to DDP!
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

1. Can you book online and if so where do I find this and how far out can you book?

You can book online using the netherlands website disneylandparis.nl - if you use google chrome it will translate the page for you. You can book 60 days in advance.

2. What is everyone's favourite buffet? I am debating a buffet one night (Hunters grill or Agrabah) instead of 3 table service meals (going for 3 nights) but not sure what one.

Our favourite is La Grange at Billy Bobs; it's a tex mex buffet but doesn't quite as manic as a lot of the hotel ones.

3. How do the dining vouchers work in terms of days i.e. we will check in on a Tuesday afternoon so i'm guessing they are valid from then for evening meal, then can we have breakfast on last morning and still have a voucher for lunch? Our flight is not until 7.30pm so wont be leaving for the airport until late afternoon. Or do you only get breakfast on your check out day? Not bothered either way as will just get quick service but would like to know

If you take a half board meal plan you will be given meals equal to the number of nights you stay. So a 4 night stay will give you 4 lunch/dinner vouchers. It's up to you when you use them. You could even have lunch and dinner one day and then none on another day.

4. Has it definitely been confirmed that with the free half board you can now have the buffet in your hotel for breakfast or is it still the quick service?

From April, the free half board plans will give you a full buffet breakfast in the hotels.

Hope that helps.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Fab thank you so much HappyPanda yes that helps a lot!
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

I agree with HappyPanda - Billy Bobs is the best buffet Agrabah is also nice, but is generally only open at lunch time.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by MissJRabbit View Post
I agree with HappyPanda - Billy Bobs is the best buffet Agrabah is also nice, but is generally only open at lunch time.
Us too ! We really enjoyed Billy Bobs. Nice atmosphere good buffet selection. Hunters Grill felt a bit like a canteen. Very noisy, lots of children running around. We didn’t enjoy the buffet there much.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Us too ! We really enjoyed Billy Bobs. Nice atmosphere good buffet selection. Hunters Grill felt a bit like a canteen. Very noisy, lots of children running around. We didn’t enjoy the buffet there much.
I didn't like Hunter's Grill very much although it was definitely better than Chuckwagon; that's the worst buffet experience I've had at DLP. It was utter chaos; queues at every food station, lots of food running out and 10/15 minute wait time for it to be replenished. It wasn't much fun!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Cape Cod is my favourite, followe dby Agrabah then Plaza Gdns. Agrabah is great for vegetarians and people who want something different but not so good for fussy eaters as there is very little 'plain food'.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
If you do a hotel buffet, go later in the evening. We loved Hunters Grill and it has much more choice than Chuck Wagon or La Cantina, but we went when it was quiet and that makes all the difference.

By contrast we went to Billy Bob’s at 6pm and it was really quiet!

We have discovered, though, that we prefer a ‘sit down’ meal as it gives us a couple of quiet hours to chill!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Thank you all! I hadn't even noticed Billy Bobs when looking but now I have seen it that might be the buffet for us as we do love Tex-Mex food. I was only throwing Hunter's Grill in there as its in our hotel but I have heard its very popular so might try somewhere a bit quieter? Only two adults so quieter places are more our thing.