Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Oct 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Based on this I had a quick look on TUI.

10th November for a week in Art of Annimation = £421 each. Wow, that's a great price for that location alone, nevermind with flights included!
Originally Posted by M3ben05 View Post
That’s a good price. We stayed there in May and it’s a lovely resort. The only thing to mention is that the cheap rooms (little mermaid section) are quite a walk from the main entrance and main swimming pool. With that said, you’ll have a great time if you decide to go for it.
I tried to book at a similar price but was constantly greeted with a we're having tech issues please call. This didn't happen for non-Disney hotels or villas and you could proceed to the confirmation page.

I phoned them and they said they had no Disney rooms left for this season. Surprised they are still advertising them and most disappointed as we got a great deal with Tui 2 years ago, under £600 for flights and ASmusic for 2 weeks in August
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
M3ben05
VIP Dibber

So tonight’s task is fast pass booking.

Like most on here I’ve always had my fast passes booked bang on 60 days in advance even if that means doing a throw away resort booking. I’ve got to say that I’m pleasantly surprised by the amount that’s available only 13 days out and so far I’ve managed to get everything I want... or more to the point, everything that my son will want!

Our first day will be in Magic Kingdom of course and our first ride will be Peter Pan

I’m not going to do any ADR’s for this trip for obvious reasons so that’s one less thing to worry about! Although I don’t think I can call this challenge truly complete unless we have at least one meal on site.

Anyway, back to fast pass booking!

Edited at 08:19 PM.
M3ben05 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

Wow,you are doing a fab job!
Don’t forget to visit Dollar Tree for snacks/drinks to take to the parks.
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

This is great and very encouraging! I’m following with interest
Old 4 Oct 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Following

My problem would be that I just couldn’t do a 9 hour flight for just a week.

Sounds great tho
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Take a look at clarion lake Buena vista. Great location for Disney and usually quite reasonable.
We’re currently staying at Clarion Inn and really can’t fault it so it’s definitely worth a look
Old 4 Oct 18, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Love this thread and the very fact you can put together such a quick trip with great prices- I hope you get to tell us all just how cheap you can have a holiday away

I'm excited thinking about it as it is something that I would love to do

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

Following with interest
Old 5 Oct 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
M3ben05
VIP Dibber

So another update!

It’s been a productive morning, I’ve finished off all my fast pass booking and sorted out the car hire

As I said yesterday, I’m really surprised by the amount of fast passes available at such a late stage. I’ve managed to get everything that’s kid friendly multiple times including Toy story land, frozen and Peter Pan.

So car hire... I booked an intermediate car with Alamo via discount Florida car hire for £139.11 including a tank of fuel and all the extras I need. I always use these guys because their vouchers allow for online check in and therefore, the use of the self service kiosks at the airport. Having to stand in a queue and listen to hard sales tactics by the check in staff isn’t what you need after a 9 hour flight and the inevitable hour+ getting through immigration!

So with all the main things now booked the running total is as follows -

Flights: £360
Hotel: £231 - £18.48 cashback = £212.52
Car hire: £139.11 including prepaid fuel and all extra's

Meaning to stay on budget I’ll have £288.37 to spend on food etc which I think is completely doable with a bit of planning.

Next up, persuading someone to take us to Gatwick airport at 6am!

Happy Friday everyone
M3ben05 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

How did you get the flights so cheap. I looked on their website and saw them at £250+
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List