Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Aug 16, 04:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Missin_Disney
Apprentice Imagineer

Left Over DDP Credits - I Dont Get It

Hi Guys

This is our first time on the DDP but I have been on the Dibb a good few years and always see people saying that at the end of their stay they have loads of snack and QS credits left over

How does this happen? We are on site for 6 nights so not loads of credits to use

With snacks, surely its only an icecream a day?! I cant see my kids not having one

And with QS, if you are up early or late surely you'll want something to eat as well as your table service meal during the day?

Am I missing something

Just curious
Missin_Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 04:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I couldn't handle a snack of an ice cream cookie and lunch for example, plus we eat offsite. I used mine for starbucks a lot which was great
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Missin_Disney View Post
Hi Guys

This is our first time on the DDP but I have been on the Dibb a good few years and always see people saying that at the end of their stay they have loads of snack and QS credits left over

How does this happen? We are on site for 6 nights so not loads of credits to use

With snacks, surely its only an icecream a day?! I cant see my kids not having one

And with QS, if you are up early or late surely you'll want something to eat as well as your table service meal during the day?

Am I missing something

Just curious
I was the same as you before I tried the DDP. I've done both QS and DDP and I really struggled to get through all of the food. It might not seem like a lot when you are sitting at home thinking about it but believe me it is. I haven't spent a cent on extra food when on the plans. For the record - I'm 6ft 2ins - broad built and I can eat a lot.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Missin_Disney
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
I was the same as you before I tried the DDP. I've done both QS and DDP and I really struggled to get through all of the food. It might not seem like a lot when you are sitting at home thinking about it but believe me it is. I haven't spent a cent on extra food when on the plans. For the record - I'm 6ft 2ins - broad built and I can eat a lot.
Thanks and yes you're right, i'm thinking a table service, counter service and a snack per day... no problem with that

I hope i'm proved wrong in a few days ;p;
Missin_Disney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We didn't go when it was hot - I would think that would have a big impact on how hungry you feel. Also we don't have children, and I gather kids often share CS meals as they can be large.

We tended to have breakfast in our resort - usually the bounty platter. Then we didn't bother with lunch, in fact we weren't hungry till dinner. It's not the 'best' use of the CS credits, but we certainly didn't have any left over!

We used most of our snack credits at Food & Wine Festival - spent a day sharing 1 item from each booth.

Most evenings we used 1 or 2 TS credits. Both visits we've done 4 2TS meals, by juggling credits from offsite or off-plan days (for example, on our Food & Wine day we just used 1 CS credit and 1 snack credit between us for breakfast, and then started touring the booths at 12pm and finished at 9pm, so didn't need any TS credits that day). Also we spent 2 nights at Universal in the middle of our holiday so we had spare TS credits from those days to put towards Signature meals.

Also, I am firmly convinced that the posher you go, the smaller the portions. Burger and fries meal in a park - big burger, unlimited toppings from the fixins' bar, mountain of fries. Entree at a normal 1TS restaurant - a bit bigger than UK restaurant portion. Entree at a 2TS restaurant - pretty much the same as a UK restaurant portion.

Don't get me wrong, 2 courses at a Signature was plenty for us. Indeed, at Yachtsman Steakhouse the steaks were too big to finish (although that could have been because of the addictive onion rolls, which I still dream about...)

We didn't pay OOP for anything except a couple of soft drinks, apart from our Food & Wine day where we used snack credits for main items and charged sides and drinks to our room. But we didn't have any credits left either. It took a carefully crafted spreadsheet to accomplish, but it's perfectly doable.
Other parks: Tokyo

Edited at 07:39 AM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
There's a lot of people who's appetite goes with the heat. There's also some who will save snack credits instead of using them on drinks as it's not as good value so they end up with credits left. I think it's mainly people on QSDP for a full two weeks that have credits left as they'll share meals, eat offsite occasionally and pay OOP for TS meals.
We have DDP and other than a few snack credits we don't generally have much left. We use all our TS and QS credits and last time we only had about 3 snack credits left each.
We're not the type to eat loads at breakfast then not eat again until dinner so we'll generally have breakfast in the room, lunch at lunchtime and dinner at dinner time as normal. We have offsite days so some food is paid OOP but we have some 2 credit meals booked which means we do tend to need all our credits.
You won't know until you get there whether you'll be hungry but DDP can be too much, not enough or just right quantity wise depending on how you eat, how you feel and where else you go.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We used all of ours, just enough food in my opinion.u
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post

It really is a lot more food than it sounds on paper. We only had the QSDP and and we were determined to get our money's worth - DH's biggest worry of the holiday was that he wouldn't be full. It took less than two days for him to say he'd worried for nothing and by the fourth day we'd stopped swapping drinks for starters. After a week, we started getting fruit for dessert and I fully understood why some people had said "good" when told the QSDP was lsing a dessert. We even cancelled the Boma breakfast and dinner we'd booked and looked forward to as it was too much and neither of us are poor eaters.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
For me, the only part of it that makes it too much is the dessert with every meal. A lot of those went to waste over the years. We haven't been since you can swap desserts and drinks for something else so it may be this year that we share more meals and therefore have credits left, especially as my Mum is coming and she's not a big eater.
I think with 6 nights of credits if you are onsite the whole time there are ways to maximise the credits. Have a read of this thread for ideas of how to get the most out of your credits.

Just wanted to add, no one has ever come on here after a DDP stay and said they didn't have enough to eat!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

We never have any left!

SC wise we will use them for drinks as and when we need to which loads won't do as it's a 'waste' of a credit when you could have a foody snack for twice the price which is considered a 'better' use of a snack credit.

Whatever works for you is the best use of your snack credits!

QS wise, we will often share meals (kids don't need a full chicken nugget meal each for example) and when we have a build up of spare credits we'll each choose a QS breakfast for a treat (we take cereal with us to eat in the room most days).

We have a plan to use them all and haven't failed yet.
Closed Thread