Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
QuickSilver
Unread 25 Jun 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Some good ones there, such a pain you didn't have more luck with Slinky and FOP ☹ with any luck nearer the time you will be able to modify them - keeping everything crossed for you 🤞🤞
Thank you, I will keep looking. I would really like to change Slinky as id really rather be settling into the villa and relaxing that evening, fingers crossed something will come up
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Portofino Bay, Beach Club and villa
Unread 3 Jul 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Apprentice Imagineer

So its July, we are going next month! A bit scary, I feel quite disorganised for someone who has been planning for over a year!

A miracle has just occurred, at the millionth time of trying to get the magic band upgrades, I have finally checked out successfully! After reading about all the problems I will believe it when I actually see them, but in theory we have Groot and Rocket for Alex, Captain America for Sebastian, Fantastia Mickey for Barnaby and Spaceship Earth for David. I have plain purple as there was nothing I was that desperate for
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 3 Jul 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
So its July, we are going next month! A bit scary, I feel quite disorganised for someone who has been planning for over a year!

A miracle has just occurred, at the millionth time of trying to get the magic band upgrades, I have finally checked out successfully! After reading about all the problems I will believe it when I actually see them, but in theory we have Groot and Rocket for Alex, Captain America for Sebastian, Fantastia Mickey for Barnaby and Spaceship Earth for David. I have plain purple as there was nothing I was that desperate for
Woohoo! Just a shame nothing took your fancy - that means you get to buy yourself an extra cocktail when you get there 😉😄
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We're going back...Jambo!
Unread 3 Jul 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Woohoo! Just a shame nothing took your fancy - that means you get to buy yourself an extra cocktail when you get there 😉😄
good plan! The original idea was that I was just getting them for the kids, and we would both have plain, but David saw me looking at them the other day and liked it. I think there were some I liked over my weeks of looking, but nothing of the ones that were there today, and with the magic combination of Groot and Captain America available at the same time I couldnt risk not getting them!
Unread 16 Jul 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Apprentice Imagineer

Four weeks to go! Im not sure how organised I am!
I have finally booked airport parking, and have also just booked a tour at Amazing Animals which I am really excited about as it sounds great. I havent told the boys about that one, but I am hoping they will love it.
Unread 16 Jul 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Apprentice Imagineer

Milpston's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Four weeks to go! Im not sure how organised I am!
I have finally booked airport parking, and have also just booked a tour at Amazing Animals which I am really excited about as it sounds great. I havent told the boys about that one, but I am hoping they will love it.
It's nearly here! I'm looking forward to your next trip report. I'm glad you got your parking sorted out. I was looking at options for ours next year a few days ago. Off to have a look at Amazing Animals as well allthough I'm desperately trying to cut out all of the add ons next year
October 2018 - 22 nts, Beach Club & Dibb villasTrip report *Completed*
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Us 5 again! YC & Dibb Villa - 26 Nights!
Unread 16 Jul 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
It's nearly here! I'm looking forward to your next trip report. I'm glad you got your parking sorted out. I was looking at options for ours next year a few days ago. Off to have a look at Amazing Animals as well allthough I'm desperately trying to cut out all of the add ons next year
I might actually finish the trip report this year

Weve gone for the official Gatwick valet parking, we used it last year and found it good, and with young kids and what feels like a million things to carry we prefer not trying to negotiate transfer buses.

I came across Amazing Animals on here, I was initially looking into the Sloth encounter at Wild Florida as Alex loves sloths, then saw mentions of Amazing Animals as an alternative. There is a Tim Tracker video too. I know what you mean about the add ons though, I am still trying to decide whether to do MNSSHP and the Marvel character dining
Unread 16 Jul 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Apprentice Imagineer

I meant to add I am desperately hoping the BA pilot strikes dont come to anything. I have a few anxieties around the flight part already as I decided not to pay to book seats as it was going to add a lot on, and everything I have read says that BA are good at keeping families together. It is the first time I havent had seats booked though as last year we got it for free because Barnaby was an infant, and our trips before that were before the airlines started charging.

We also had a hugely stressful time last year with checking in for our flights with BA. I never finished my trip report to post about the return part, but the return check in particular was a dreadful experience which left us standing at the check in desk for over an hour due to an issue with Barnaby which no one seemed able to resolve, then having to charge through security and getting to the gate just before boarding all starving as we were meant to be eating after we checked in. I was assured by BA afterwards that it was all down to Barnaby having turned 2 whilst we were away, and an error in giving us too many booking references, so it shouldnt happen again, but I am definitely hoping for easier airport experiences this time
Orlando Attraction Tickets