Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 May 18, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Have used lounges in past but not religiously. However, after flying from Gatwick for first time last trip I will definitely be looking into options if this is where we fly from next year - too busy and nowhere to sit which with a 4 year old wasn't great. Ended up in a mediocre restaurant for the sake of sitting down!
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyPrincess
Proud to wear my Ears

We book the Virgin Lounge but our situation is slightly different.
I enjoy the Airport however I suffer from panic attacks and Anxiety attacks. So I also enjoy having somewhere we can go that is quiet and calm if I need to.
GoofyPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

We used the V Room last time and it was worth it.
All the food is included and if you upgrade to £32 so is selected alcohol.

This time it's part of the package so will definitely use it.
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I use the Escape Lounge in T2 at Manchester as I'm normally in Upper Class and it's the lounge Virgin use (for now - a proper Clubhouse is in the planning stages as part of the T2 expansion). You can pay for this lounge and it's £24 per person.

Do I get £24 worth of food & drink? No, as I am not lining the drinks up first thing in the morning (but some people in there are!)

What I do get is a bacon / sausage cob, and a fairly decent cold breakfast buffet. There is a pay-extra menu if you want a full English (and this menu is free is you have an Upper Class boarding pass). Free drinks, wifi and newspapers and you're pretty much guaranteed a seat. Later in the day after breakfast service has finished there is a pretty good cold lunch buffet on offer + the pay-extra menu of hot items (again, free if in Upper Class).

I would look at what you estimate you'll spend on food & drink once airside at the airport (remember airport prices are not cheap), then look at a lounge cost and see if you think you can justify the difference between the two (& what you could spend this amount on in Orlando!)
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List